Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419421 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2535 on: December 11, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »

Why does everyone always have the long conversations when I am driving/shooting with my family :-\?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: December 11, 2014, 11:14:18 pm »

The question is, why don't you have a smartphone attached to your gun/steering wheel/parents?

I voted for Intuition/Intuition, but in the end, really, if we don't go with that(which I feel is more of a modifier than a base price thing, really), it should be more or less as follows:

Logarithmic for things involving mortals and groups of mortals; creation of, not upgrading, mostly.

Square or cubic root for things involving terrain, cities, or other such world-building things, as well as upgrading mortals; maybe cubic root for terrain, square root for mortal-upgrades?(many things would just be restricted to individual upgrades, of course)

Linear for creation of divine things and realms and the like, such as angels and archangels.

Quadratic for upgrading divine things and realms and the like, such as angels and archangels(though preferably it would start fairly cheaply, for the realms part at least, and would need to be a massive overhaul to really get expensive)

Exponential for things like auto-killing a god. Go through the council or use your accumulated shit to do that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 11, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »

The question is, why don't you have a smartphone attached to your gun/steering wheel/parents?

Because I am shooting things and the hours just kind of slip by (my parents brought ammunition), and the drive is like four hours long through the middle of nowhere. And my sister and mom used all the data on our plan already.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 11, 2014, 11:21:00 pm »

They weren't permakilled. They were just killed. If they were permakilled there would've been a suffix that said (perma) like when Tory and Lee were killed in the Second Crusade by Tykki.

My bad. I probably jumped to that conclusion because of the wording you used instead of just saying you resurrect them.

The difference between permakilling and perma-uncreating is that permakilling leaves a body. Something that ought to be considered is that a killed or uncreated character can be revived or recreated. A permakilled or uncreated character cannot. Reviving/recreating is cheaper than creating, or at least that's how I think it should be (maybe because of the propagation clause?)

It could be interpreted that perma-killed creations are those that have had a vital part of their essence uncreated while the body is left intact. Total uncreation including that of the body would happen with more powerful attacks maybe.

An alternative to all this is we simply get rid of the idea of permanence. Perma just seems to be an arbitrary thing we created and its existence isn't justified in any in-game way. I think we should actually go with this idea.

I agree with the exception that I feel there should be methods of killing things in a manner that circumvents the respawn ability present in the game. I'm fine with them being recreated after being killed but this should be expensive to maintain balance. Also these combat methods should likewise be expensive and or difficult to pull off.

Maybe uncreation could simply be a method of killing? Yeah. That's pretty simple. No fancy-pants memory stuff or whatever - just ending that particular being.

More or less what I'm going for. Just trying to define the method's traits so that it's clear how uncreation is different from any other method of killing. Like how using a sword is different from using an explosion. I think it's an interesting idea that could be somewhat combined with the current perma-kill and then clarified to have it possibly less permanent and restraining but still potent if expensive.

GM Questions.

Are there as of yet unknown but possibly easier ways of increasing essence capacity?
Only thing I could think of specifically would be:
Essence capacity transfer / absorption: God A sacrifices (10) capacity to give God B (5) additional capacity. God C eats dead God D who had (20) capacity and gains (2) capacity (Hopefully balanced by others reacting and taking action).

Is there anything stopping a god from creating cheap angels, sending them into hostile / lethal territory and then just resurrecting them when they die so they can report on the enemy even though they were killed? I figured they would just lose memory of everything that happens around the time they die.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 11, 2014, 11:25:26 pm »

They weren't permakilled. They were just killed. If they were permakilled there would've been a suffix that said (perma) like when Tory and Lee were killed in the Second Crusade by Tykki.

I thought they where permakillled  :-\. Weren't the Emperor and Jeffry permakilled too?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:07 pm »

More or less what I'm going for. Just trying to define the method's traits so that it's clear how uncreation is different from any other method of killing.
Let's put it this way, when you kill an angel now it leaves a dead body and a soul. You can spend some Essence (less than creation) to revive it. If you uncreate the angel you remove the entire angel from existence, leaving no body and no soul. You'll have to spend the same amount of Essence you used creating it, more if it had the Unique tag because you need to spend more Essence to get the personality, memories, skills, etc. back. It might be cheaper to make a weapon that can destroy both body and soul for equivalent results but uncreating is easier and more reliable.

Are there as of yet unknown but possibly easier ways of increasing essence capacity?
Only thing I could think of specifically would be:
Essence capacity transfer / absorption: God A sacrifices (10) capacity to give God B (5) additional capacity. God C eats dead God D who had (20) capacity and gains (2) capacity (Hopefully balanced by others reacting and taking action).
I think we should know how the exact method by which we normally increase Essence caps. This is kind of important because I have no idea if I should take 1 Essence at a time from Varee's corpse or if I should simply drain it all at once.

I thought they where permakillled  :-\. Weren't the Emperor and Jeffry permakilled too?
We have no idea how the hell the Emperor was killed (we just found his body in a grave) and Jeffrey didn't die, he just turned into a jelly roll.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 12, 2014, 12:13:57 am »

Edit: Wrong thread, sorry. I tried to put this in the out-of-context quote thread.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:19:38 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2542 on: December 12, 2014, 12:15:48 am »

You (sg.) sure put a lot of faith in your assumptions...

(Good luck finding out just who I meant! :P)

Rolepgeek: Permission to sig?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 12, 2014, 01:05:48 am »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 12, 2014, 02:16:50 am »

(sg.)
What does this stand for?

Singular, probably, as opposed to "All of you" (pl).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 12, 2014, 05:19:07 am »

$$$
Price check on creating a brand new corporeal dimension
Price check on making a new corporeal plane in the existing corporeal dimension
Price check on creating a corporeal plane in our own personal dimension

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2546 on: December 12, 2014, 05:52:04 am »

Andres: Ther permakill marker was not used before the battle. Permakills did take place before it, though.

Rolepgeek: What a way to incorporate so many different scaling functions! Unfortunately, it may really be necessary.

gman8181: Increasing cap: Not beyond what you've seen, I think. The pathway you mentioned does exist but isn't quite as fast as depicted. Not sure how to rebalance it, because the mechanism you provided seems better.

Cheap disposable angelcams: I'm currently leaning toward memory loss for dying and resurrecting. As it is right now, there's not enough of a motivation not to die (except for the short delay). The trickier part is fitting that with permadeaths to keep it balanced so things don't just end up recreated perfectly after a permadeath. This may result in a fiat decision.

$$$Response
Wingless fire-breathing dragon as angel: 4E
New corporeal dimension: 8-9E
Corporeal plane in corporeal dimensions: Corporeal dimensions do not work that way

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 12, 2014, 06:21:17 am »

Andres: Ther permakill marker was not used before the battle. Permakills did take place before it, though.
I'd better not ask...
<.<
>.>

Corporeal plane in corporeal dimensions: Corporeal dimensions do not work that way
Really? I'd always thought that Keshan and Slytha were two different planes in the same corporeal dimension. Does this mean that if I were to make my own dimension I couldn't sandwich in a corporeal plane in between the Paradise Plane and Shadow Realm?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2548 on: December 12, 2014, 06:38:03 am »

Keshan and Slytha are just in weird space tricks to make having two worlds for the price of one possible. They're like two star systems in the same universe, where the universe is far larger than humans can imagine just as ours is. Our solar system is already large enough from our perspective, and it's nothing compared to the galaxy or worse, filaments of galaxies (i.e. they're made of many galaxies and still manage to look thinner than thread).

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 12, 2014, 03:41:14 pm »

Hey guys new to the forum, I've been lurking for the past 6 months and I just wanted to say This Thread is truly awesome.Also Read through the thread and I honestly lost track of what was what past page 60 something can somebody give me a basic rundown on what's happened so far.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:46:40 pm by LuckyKobold »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 350