Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 420612 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3600 on: January 17, 2015, 02:05:21 am »

See, Stirk, I have a real f*cking problem with getting killed for OOC reasons. Seriously, don't.

Do you really have a right to complain? You are pretty much the most meta player out of all of us.  :-\.

Darruth(NOT pl.) only cares about innocent lives if they're part of his empire. Everyone else is irrelevant.

Pl means plural  ??? :-\.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: January 17, 2015, 02:09:18 am »

I asked you not to kill civilians.

The beauty of that whole event is that I wasn't even trying to. It was a side effect of what I was attempting to accomplish.

You guys could take it out to space and duke it out where no one else can get hurt.

That wouldn't really work for what I'm interested in. The fun of conflict isn't just creating weapons or armies and throwing them at each other. If it was just that, I'd use the DBP more often. A lot of the fun is the risk of losing precious things if you lose and gaining something substantial if you win.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: January 17, 2015, 02:27:02 am »

Actually, with a reincarnation system in place, that's

Honestly, Andres, the guilt-tripping thing? It's producing the opposite effect. Rather than wanting to help you and deal with your issues for you, it makes me actively hostile towards you, for multiple reasons. The reason I focus on my followers? Priorities and common sense. The fuck was I supposed to do to the god with an essence dragon that just flattened a city? Ask nicely?

Oh wait, that's exactly what I did, and it worked as well as could be hoped for. >.>

Sidenote: Stirk, considering you were the first person in the game to be warned for mixing IC and OOC...and I've noticed you tend to get along with people IC if you get along with them OOC...and by this I mean Fusil wasn't anywhere near as hostile to Darruth once I stopped interacting with you OOC...Besides which; "you did it too" is not an actual justification for meta-gaming.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: January 17, 2015, 02:36:16 am »

Sidenote: Stirk, considering you were the first person in the game to be warned for mixing IC and OOC...and I've noticed you tend to get along with people IC if you get along with them OOC...and by this I mean Fusil wasn't anywhere near as hostile to Darruth once I stopped interacting with you OOC...Besides which; "you did it too" is not an actual justification for meta-gaming.

I was "warned" for bringing IC to OOC, which is completely different from bringing OOC to IC. And I did that to answer the meta-ish questions the way my character would. And even then, you complained about it, which is what brought it up. Are you really saying that the only reason Fusil is less openly hostile to Darruth is because of OOC? The main reason we where in conflict was Yaos. Yaos died. The characters haven't openly interacted since. Fusil moved on to other enemies. I don't think I have been able to keep a single plot thread going for more then three ticks before something ends up angering Fusil and he goes chasing it down, ignoring whatever happened before. Once again, you are ignoring all factors but the one you want to focus on.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: January 17, 2015, 02:41:25 am »

...no.

just...no.

And what, praytell, did I complain about, considering I wasn't there at the time? The warning was an example. Other things include the various OOC threats you've made.

It's not a matter of ignoring. It's a matter of trends I notice. Just because you notice different trends doesn't mean the ones I notice aren't there. So, if you would stop making unfounded accusations?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: January 17, 2015, 02:52:16 am »

...no.

just...no.

Well that convinced me completely. Truly, you have an outstanding grasp of our English language on par with shakesphere. You are exactly as intelligent as you think you are and not an IQ point less. Are you going to run for president any time soon? Because you have my vote. Even with our completely different political ideologies, you convinced me with this simply amazing speech. Maybe you should run third party?

TIMELINE OF EVENTS!:

1. Game starts. Fusil starts fighting Void Things. 2. Fusil's followers are attacked indirectly by Cim. Fusil fights Cim for a while. We eventually stop and bide our time. 3. Yaos made a big fuss about my death threat then killed me. I completely ignored Cim in favor of fighting Yaos. So on and so forth. It is what Fusil has done from day one, rushing from crises to crises one at a time. It has nothing to do with OOC. If it did, you are annoying enough and I am strong enough that you would have been crushed in an instant. We didn't even do any major fighting in IC, except for a battle started by someone else. You don't know anything about the character, considering 80% of what I do goes on through PMs, and are quite frankly taking a self-centered view of the situation. I sometimes forget Darruth exists you post so little.

And what, praytell, did I complain about, considering I wasn't there at the time? The warning was an example. Other things include the various OOC threats you've made.

Might of been Andres. I remember someone complaining and don't care enough about this conversation to look.

It's not a matter of ignoring. It's a matter of trends I notice. Just because you notice different trends doesn't mean the ones I notice aren't there. So, if you would stop making unfounded accusations?

You are the one making unfounded accusations! You are again finding "trends" where there simply are none. You are ignoring other factors. For example, when we talked more in OOC, you where more active thus brushing up against Fusil more. Now you are less active, thus brushing up against him less. Not to mention Yaos, you slowly learning what kind of game this is instead of just assuming everything is exactly like all the other God Game's you seem to play, and all the other things that have happened in months of game play...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: January 17, 2015, 02:54:26 am »

Do you really have a right to complain? You are pretty much the most meta player out of all of us.  :-\.
Yes. I'm not sure why you think I'm the most meta player but I can guarantee that it's not as bad as what you heavily implied you would do.

Pl means plural  ??? :-\.
Thought it meant player.

Honestly, Andres, the guilt-tripping thing? It's producing the opposite effect. Rather than wanting to help you and deal with your issues for you, it makes me actively hostile towards you, for multiple reasons.
I'm not trying to guilt-trip you into doing anything. I'm just calling it like I see it. Besides, I know I've already shot down the possibility of you helping me or my followers in any capacity. I'm not gonna to try to remedy that because it's impossible to do so.

Might of been Andres. I remember someone complaining and don't care enough about this conversation to look.
What did I do? I'm confused.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3607 on: January 17, 2015, 02:57:55 am »

$$$
Creating five scrolls, that when read randomly produce one of the listed effects before crumbling to dust and reforming somewhere else.
Spoiler: Blue scroll? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orange scroll? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Purple scroll? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Green scroll? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Red scroll? (click to show/hide)

I miss Varee... :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: January 17, 2015, 03:05:58 am »

Yes. I'm not sure why you think I'm the most meta player but I can guarantee that it's not as bad as what you heavily implied you would do.

The biggest problem you have had with meta-playing is Yaos's quasi-immortality. Yaos died? You just play as his Angels. Doing the exact same things Yaos would (kind of ironic that recently you called out a mortal for brushing off a God when your Angels outright insulted them, but whatever). You controlled the Empire the same way, made your Angels act the same way....As you weren't exactly creating a lot before, Yaos could have stayed dead and nobody would have noticed. Death was meaningless to him. Even the last one, to an extent. The fact that Malakath took over pretty much all of Yaos's things and has almost the same personality almost makes it feel like Yaos just dyed her hair and changed her sphere from Coasts again. It is especially annoying when the permakilled Yaos still manages to accuse me of a bizarre murder. You also seem to have an issue with bringing OOC info to IC, to a lesser extent. The Yaos/Malakath having the same memories is OK, but still feels pretty meta to me. Seriously, that is part of the reason Malakath feels like Yaos's reincarnation. You also used the OOC knowlage you gained from a minigame (even if it was wrong...) IC. I would go on, but feel like I am being a little insulting and can't really word it more gently at one in the morning  :-\.

Thought it meant player.

I don't think so. KJP seems to clarify "you(pl.)" when he is talking to someone to mean "All of you, Ya'll, the group of You." rather then the person who's question he is answering.

What did I do? I'm confused.

I don't remember, and it doesn't matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: January 17, 2015, 03:52:34 am »

I don't think so. KJP seems to clarify "you(pl.)" when he is talking to someone to mean "All of you, Ya'll, the group of You." rather then the person who's question he is answering.
Wasn't arguing - just explaining. Now I remember that KJP did in fact say it meant plural.

The biggest problem you have had with meta-playing is Yaos's quasi-immortality. Yaos died? You just play as his Angels. Doing the exact same things Yaos would (kind of ironic that recently you called out a mortal for brushing off a God when your Angels outright insulted them, but whatever). You controlled the Empire the same way, made your Angels act the same way....As you weren't exactly creating a lot before, Yaos could have stayed dead and nobody would have noticed. Death was meaningless to him. Even the last one, to an extent. The fact that Malakath took over pretty much all of Yaos's things and has almost the same personality almost makes it feel like Yaos just dyed her hair and changed her sphere from Coasts again. It is especially annoying when the permakilled Yaos still manages to accuse me of a bizarre murder. You also seem to have an issue with bringing OOC info to IC, to a lesser extent. The Yaos/Malakath having the same memories is OK, but still feels pretty meta to me. Seriously, that is part of the reason Malakath feels like Yaos's reincarnation. You also used the OOC knowlage you gained from a minigame (even if it was wrong...) IC. I would go on, but feel like I am being a little insulting and can't really word it more gently at one in the morning.  :-\
Yaos' angels did the same thing Yaos would do because they're his angels and were actively trying to emulate what he would do (they were more impetuous, though, leading to that big battle). There's a difference between a common-sense-enhanced mortal insulting a god and an angel (who'd be familiar with gods by now) insulting a god. Also, they were more impetuous than normal people. Still, I can see the faults in playing the way I did. If similar circumstances crop up in the future I'll try to change up my playstyle.

Malakath "took over all of Yaos' things" because she was a new god with nothing to her name and she had an easy way to get free stuff. As for them being the same person, that's slowly and deliberately changing over time. Part of the reason I've decided to stop messing with Council politics is to give myself room to develop Malakath more. Arguing with other gods just keeps me in the mindset I had when playing Yaos which is a big OOC reason for why Malakath isn't as different as I'd like her to be. I thought that mana existed because it existed in the IC minigame. It's no different than a new player inferring that a god council exists from seeing there's a Council Rules tab.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:02:42 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: January 17, 2015, 04:24:16 am »

Wasn't arguing - just explaining. Now I remember that KJP did in fact say it meant plural.

Neither was I.

Yaos' angels did the same thing Yaos would do because they're his angels and were actively trying to emulate what he would do (they were more impetuous, though, leading to that big battle).

Face it. On a meta level, they did the exact same thing because you wanted to play but Yaos was a corpse at the time. I that not true? It completely ruined the point of Yaos being dead.

here's a difference between a common-sense-enhanced mortal insulting a god and an angel (who'd be familiar with gods by now) insulting a god.

As KJP said, the mortals have not gotten a blanket common sense enchantment. Second, not really. If he was more familiar shouldn't he be more afraid?

Malakath "took over all of Yaos' things" because she was a new god with nothing to her name and she had an easy way to get free stuff.

Do you really think that? If one of the New players had done the same thing you did, stealing away Yaos's angels and planes and whatever else, what would you have thought about that? Personally, it feels like a way to trivialize the fact Yaos is dead.

Part of the reason I've decided to stop messing with Council politics is to give myself room to develop Malakath more.

But you haven't stopped?

Arguing with other gods just keeps me in the mindset I had when playing Yaos which is a big OOC reason for why Malakath isn't as different as I'd like her to be

Well she is arguing about the same things Yaos would argue about, in the same tone, using the same words with less smiley faces. As that is the majority of what we have seen her doing, she feels exactly like Yaos.

I thought that mana existed because it existed in the IC minigame. It's no different than a new player inferring that a god council exists from seeing there's a Council Rules tab.

It really is, seeing as nobody else knew what "mana" was and you treated it as a secret thing that your God totally knew about but nobody else did, even though if you researched it IC you would realize that that had not been the case. A pure OCC belief being brought into IC with no basis in IC. There is no reason Malakath should have thought mana existed, while the Council rules are something all the Gods can know about from birth.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: January 17, 2015, 04:54:29 am »

As KJP said, the mortals have not gotten a blanket common sense enchantment. Second, not really. If he was more familiar shouldn't he be more afraid?
The topic we were discussing was my argument about why mortals should respect gods more. Part of that argument was that mortals were given enhanced common-sense so it makes sense to reference it in this case. No. Familiarity breeds contempt but it doesn't breed fear. Can you name one thing that scared you more the more you got familiar with?

But you haven't stopped?
I stopped, started again, and stopped again.

It really is, seeing as nobody else knew what "mana" was and you treated it as a secret thing that your God totally knew about but nobody else did.
Actually, I was under the impression that most gods knew about mana. That whole situation was a mistake on my part as a player. It would've been resolved sooner but KJP thought I was intentionally spreading false knowledge about mana. To be fair, though, I can understand why.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:55 am »

The topic we were discussing was my argument about why mortals should respect gods more. Part of that argument was that mortals were given enhanced common-sense so it makes sense to reference it in this case. No. Familiarity breeds contempt but it doesn't breed fear. Can you name one thing that scared you more the more you got familiar with?

Organized crime? Unorganized crime? Genocides? Unpleasant things are unpleasant at a glance, but their true scale can only be seen by knowing more about them. I assume that Holocaust scholars are more frightened about it then a layman. It is one thing to hear that Fusil has a hundred lead-shooting implements on him at all time and can destroy a city with his word, it is another to see him demonstrate his power repeatedly.

(Here is the quote I was talking about:
Common sense upgrades: I'd prefer if the creators added it on their own. They're the ones who would typically get the nonsense prayers anyway.
)

Actually, I was under the impression that most gods knew about mana. That whole situation was a mistake on my part as a player. It would've been resolved sooner but KJP thought I was intentionally spreading false knowledge about mana. To be fair, though, I can understand why.

What made you think that?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:16:28 am by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: January 17, 2015, 05:25:24 am »

Organized crime? Unorganized crime? Genocides? Unpleasant things are unpleasant at a glance, but their true scale can only be seen by knowing more about them. I assume that Holocaust scholars are more frightened about it then a layman. It is one thing to hear that Fusil has a hundred lead-shooting implements on him at all time and can destroy a city with his word, it is another to see him demonstrate his power repeatedly.
Except we haven't actually seen Fusil destroy any cities and stuff. All we've seen is him argue a lot and threaten to blow up cities and stuff. That stuff works in an arc. Yes you get more frightened as you learn about them but given infinite time you will eventually get used to it.

(Here is the quote I was talking about:
Common sense upgrades: I'd prefer if the creators added it on their own. They're the ones who would typically get the nonsense prayers anyway.
)
I'm aware of what he said. It's interesting to note he didn't flat-out state that all sapients haven't been given a blanket upgrade.

What made you think that?
I don't know.

Sorry for the late reply on the discussions page on TVT. Didn't know it was in use. :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: January 17, 2015, 05:28:36 am »

Except we haven't actually seen Fusil destroy any cities and stuff. All we've seen is him argue a lot and threaten to blow up cities and stuff. That stuff works in an arc. Yes you get more frightened as you learn about them but given infinite time you will eventually get used to it.

At the very least, they saw me nuke an essence dragon. I definitely did something that would tell the Angels it is a bad idea to openly insult me. "Getting used to" doesn't mean "Getting stupid with"...

I don't see your point.

...That means we didn't give the common sense boost to everyone like you think we did?

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 350