Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419427 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4335 on: February 08, 2015, 03:57:34 am »

...It is in fact incredibly easy to be polite and incredibly cutting at the same time. Look at any rich kid archetype, or rivals of powerful houses in any number of genres; politeness is required. Niceness, is not.

Polite =/= Good, for damn sure. One of my quotes for old character was "Yes I may be going to kill you, but that doesn't mean I can't be polite about it!" (Affable Evil? Remember that?)

I thought you were going to say something about how can someone be nice without being polite. To which I can also firmly say that when you're standing up for someone else who's getting bullied, you usually aren't being 'polite' to the bully. Or if you compliment someone in an inappropriate way whilst totally oblivious.

But no, since part of being a good person generally involves kindness towards others, it's rather difficult to be a good person if you aren't nice to people. Those who deserve such kindness, anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: February 08, 2015, 04:01:14 am »

The Hovori, Wani, and Gasbags have been added to the bestiary, conveniently located as the first post on page 100. Are there any other races I've missed?
You've missed the maiming moles :x

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: February 08, 2015, 04:47:49 am »

...It is in fact incredibly easy to be polite and incredibly cutting at the same time. Look at any rich kid archetype, or rivals of powerful houses in any number of genres; politeness is required. Niceness, is not.

Polite =/= Good, for damn sure. One of my quotes for old character was "Yes I may be going to kill you, but that doesn't mean I can't be polite about it!" (Affable Evil? Remember that?)
Excellent point, however, my point relied more on the fact that politeness generally means being nice (it's polite to be nice - see: white lies). Looking back, there wasn't much reason in me using that argument.

I thought you were going to say something about how can someone be nice without being polite. To which I can also firmly say that when you're standing up for someone else who's getting bullied, you usually aren't being 'polite' to the bully. Or if you compliment someone in an inappropriate way whilst totally oblivious.

But no, since part of being a good person generally involves kindness towards others, it's rather difficult to be a good person if you aren't nice to people. Those who deserve such kindness, anyway.
But you're not being nice to the bully, are you? You're still being good even if you're not being nice to the bully.

Difficult but not impossible.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: February 08, 2015, 11:41:27 am »

For the record, neither is Stirk 100% correct all of the time. None of us are. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Several grains if from Andres, Stirk, or IcyTea. Andres because he seems to perceive the game differently than the rest of us, Stirk for a similar reason but also because his machinations and manipulations extend even to the OOC, he is that nefarious, and IcyTea because he knows exactly what is going on...and why would he have any reason to tell the rest of us?

Oh, yeah, and I'm included in that bunch, but that's because I like to make things seem more dramatic and interesting than they are.

Me? Manipulative in OOC? Aren't you the one trying to convince the Newby of some strange things, while I am actually giving him information on the game? If anything, you would be the one trying to manipulate him.

I was talking about OOC, Andres.

So was he  ::).

Then why don't you try it some time? Neither you or TGOE has ever been particularly cutting or particularly polite. Really, you haven't been even a little bit of either even once.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: February 08, 2015, 11:49:04 am »

Why? I have no real reason to be either particularly cutting or particularly polite. And I mean exactly what you're doing now when I say you're manipulative; you always try to paint yourself as the victim; Boohoo, woe is me, I don't get to make death threats anymore without being punished for it. Censorship!((sidenote: pretty sure when someone sends a death threat in real life ans gets tossed in jail for it, it's not considered censorship))

As I told him, he should take everything I say with some salt too. Get some thicker skin, jeez, Stirk.

And no he wasn't. As evidenced by the 'my mistake' bit.

You're being nice to someone, though, is my point, Andres. And I would argue that it would take conscious efforr to be Good without being nice, at which point I would make the contention that you aren't good, simply neutral with good leanings. Sorta like Batman, though that has more to do with his neuroses and refusing to kill the Joker even though he damn well knows it'll save many more people's lives.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: February 08, 2015, 12:00:09 pm »

Why? I have no real reason to be either particularly cutting or particularly polite. And I mean exactly what you're doing now when I say you're manipulative; you always try to paint yourself as the victim; Boohoo, woe is me, I don't get to make death threats anymore without being punished for it. Censorship!((sidenote: pretty sure when someone sends a death threat in real life ans gets tossed in jail for it, it's not considered censorship))

You claim to be, did you not?

Why is it so strange to you that Darruth gets genuinely pissed at these things and has his own rants about them? Polite=/=nice.

This is a claim that TGOE is polite, a falsehood. Neither is he cutting. Why lie to poor Andres?

Maybe if a random person makes a threat to another person, when a leader of a powerful country makes a threat to the leader of a weaker country it is "diplomacy". A word I am sure you are completely unfamiliar with?

As I told him, he should take everything I say with some salt too. Get some thicker skin, jeez, Stirk.

It was almost like...I was joking or something. But no! That couldn't be it! The all-powerful and mighty Rolepgygeek would never miss a joke! What with his massive intellect, the mere child who can design robots better then experts even with no training or real knowlage of robotics? He could never miss something that obviose! The face meant nothing, obviously, it was just there for decoration and wasn't indicating anything.

And I am the one who needs thicker skin?

Looking back, you threatened (As in me, not my character) to :

Due to unrelated events in real life, seeing Fusil's speech, which I am struggling to refrain from saying anything else about, is currently making me want to break shit even more than I already do for various reasons.

Please don't say it's 'because you're right', Stirk. If you do, and I come back to see it, I will have to spam KJP's inbox with requests to boot you from the game, in order to avoid getting the thread locked by the amount of flame that will spew from my mouth. I'm in that sort of anger where I'm capable of holding it all inside, right now. But anything that irritates me a little gets multiplied ten-thousand fold.

Of course, you'll probably take that as an invitation or a challenge. I'm asking you right now not too.

Yes, that shows your leather-like skin. Threatening to spam poor innocent KJB for no more reason than the fact you can't tell reality from fiction. Is your real life name Hypocrites? Or do you not get the irony of this situation? 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: February 08, 2015, 12:20:52 pm »

Oh, no, you misunderstood me. That wasn't a threat. That was simply stating a fact; if you had decided to be a dick, I would have been unable to handle it calmly.

Not when it's not true? I don't usually focus on me being a victim or whatever, usually I focus on the other guy being a dick, regardless of who their dickery is focused on, if I notice it.

Unfortunately, sarcasm and joking doesn't translate well in a text medium. In fact, I can still see nothing in the original post you made to suggest that you were joking.

And yeah, I'm a hypocrite, because a. I'm different from my character b. everyone's a hypocrite, what matters is what you're a hypocrite for, and c. because Fusil threatening to kill anyone who doesn't do what he says and me saying that if you decide to be a dick to me when I'm already supremely pissed I'll try and get KJP to ban you are different things. One is in response to something. The other is not.

But they aren't countries, and even if they were, trade sanctions and the like for countries that threaten nuclear war(COUGHBESTKOREACOUGH) are rather common things, when things like the UN have a spine. Punishment, for threats. So no, diplomacy only in the most technical sense of the word, typically with 'gunboat' immediately before it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: February 08, 2015, 12:36:48 pm »

Oh, no, you misunderstood me. That wasn't a threat. That was simply stating a fact; if you had decided to be a dick, I would have been unable to handle it calmly.

I wonder if Fusil could use this one? "It wasn't a threat. I was simply stating a fact; if you had decided to annoy me, I would have been unable to handle to calmly"...Nah, it is too utterly stupid for anyone to believe. Even I would have to vote "imprison" on that one!

Not when it's not true? I don't usually focus on me being a victim or whatever, usually I focus on the other guy being a dick, regardless of who their dickery is focused on, if I notice it.

Hmm. I have no idea what this could possibly be in response to. It really does not fit at all, logically or emotionally, with anything I have said. Is he claiming not to be a hypocrite, because when he is showing his thin skin while crying, complaining, and generally being immature at an in-character comment he isn't trying to be a victim? Was that what he was saying? It is like I am trying to decipher hieroglyphics! Or moody poetry. Bad moody poetry. You should really use quotes more, it helps clear things up.

And yeah, I'm a hypocrite, because a. I'm different from my character b. everyone's a hypocrite, what matters is what you're a hypocrite for, and c. because Fusil threatening to kill anyone who doesn't do what he says and me saying that if you decide to be a dick to me when I'm already supremely pissed I'll try and get KJP to ban you are different things. One is in response to something. The other is not.

Did RPG misunderstand what I said again? No! Impossible! It was so clear that even a moron or an idiot would understand what I had said! There is no way a true genius, a child protegee like RPG could ever make such a simple mistake. He must have understood it perfectly well. But why would his reply be so off then? Is he testing me? Did I not understand what I had written? That must be it! In my incompetence, I must have stated something completely different from what I wanted to say, silly me!

I will have to try again, to avoid insulting RPG's massive intellect. What I had attempted to say is that you are a hypocrite for saying that I, Stirk, have "thin skin" when your skin is thinner then tissue paper. Did I say it right this time, Oh Mighty RPG?

1. How does being different from your character make you a hypocrite? That is literally the point of having a character.
2. Lies.
3. Yes, it is. Fusil threatening to kill everyone is something he does. An integral part of his character. A flaw in a fictional character. You getting angry at something Fusil, a fictional character, says is a sad and pathetic thing. A flaw in a real person, a really pathetic one at that. The flaw is pathetic, not the person. Although...

But they aren't countries, and even if they were, trade sanctions and the like for countries that threaten nuclear war(COUGHBESTKOREACOUGH) are rather common things, when things like the UN have a spine. Punishment, for threats. So no, diplomacy only in the most technical sense of the word, typically with 'gunboat' immediately before it.

Are we not countries? We get a "tax" from the people under us, in return for services and defense, have power over our people, and generally act exactly as a country would. The metaphor is valid. Do you remember the Cold War? Threats are a form of diplomacy. The USSR and the USA threatened each other constantly. Realpolitik at its finest.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: February 08, 2015, 12:38:13 pm »

RPG, I had hoped that you already understood that these discusions go nowhere. How abaut you instead discuss how evryone was fine with coccaine snow but are freaking out over weed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: February 08, 2015, 12:42:05 pm »

RPG, I had hoped that you already understood that these discusions go nowhere. How abaut you instead discuss how evryone was fine with coccaine snow but are freaking out over weed.

It appears to be something Stirk does with RPG, but that's the troll/trollee (what?) relationship. Stirk wouldn't goad on RPG if he didn't respond, 'cause that's what makes it funny.

To Stirk anyways. I always find those kinds of conversations grating, all the moreso because RPG is genuinely getting upset and feels the need to respond, which just makes it worse.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: February 08, 2015, 12:45:28 pm »

My response to Stirk, since Dreamer's right.

I was never actually fine with the cocaine myself, I just can't really do anything about it.

Pot I'm more okay with than cocaine. Though the rest of you are silly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: February 08, 2015, 12:48:14 pm »

I believe that's the first time that's ever happened to me, RPG
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: February 08, 2015, 12:52:39 pm »

:P Always glad to be of help in experiencing new things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: February 08, 2015, 12:54:28 pm »

:P Always glad to be of help in experiencing new things.
Thanks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: February 08, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »

I hope this thread doesn't devolve into petty insults. :-\
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 350