Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419451 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4665 on: February 19, 2015, 11:06:20 pm »

Yeah, thanks for what you did Kilojoule! Sorry it got too big for you, but that just shows your success!

Also, I might "borrow" ideas from Ye Gods in the future, if that's alright with you...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: February 19, 2015, 11:24:09 pm »

It was my birthday today... :'(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: February 19, 2015, 11:37:09 pm »

I don't think I can continue running YG any more now with an interval short of over half a week. It's gotten to the point where I can't write an update in less than 6-8 hours, and I need that time for various significant things. I apologize for letting you all down and really wish it could have continued with the interesting creations, plans, and worlds going around. Spin-offs, clones, and other such things are permitted and unrestricted with or without attribution and need not involve requests for permission of any kind.

I wish I'd been more careful from the start with making sure it would remain scalable and rapid well past T100 or so with around 20 players, but this was really not the case. Unless a better idea comes up, I will have to suspend this iteration indefinitely after the next tick update or so. I'll write up or polish current book requests and send them out regardless of what happens.

I had a lot of fun. Thanks for all the work you put in. I sincerely hope you run another game again or I get to play with (or against you) in another game sometime in the future.

We all know Grauel was winning right? ;)

Edit:

Seriously, this game was one of the main things anchoring me to this forum. I'll probably be much less active until I find something new. :-\
It really was a blast! :)

Loved all the players too!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:39:43 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: February 20, 2015, 12:58:37 am »

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Thank you all for the experience, and sure, playing other games with you would be very fun.

A few revelations:
Cim's ultimate secret goal was to set everything in stasis for complete control of the Bubble.
It was Cim who killed Fusil the second time by cursing his funny hat to attract his and Tykki's attacks to hit himself instead of their intended targets.
Cim created a ring that couldn't exist but could still project psymental attacks. After all, nothing could harm Tykki.
In game terms, Cim had attained level 1 knowledge and experience in Essence and Motion.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: February 20, 2015, 01:06:16 am »

It was Cim who killed Fusil the second time by cursing his funny hat to attract his and Tykki's attacks to hit himself instead of their intended targets.
It seems a retcon is in order, then. Fusil never actually had a funny hate - we just thought he had one. (It was that guy who was blessed so everyone would believe his lies.) In effect, you would've ended up trying to curse nothing but your own perception. But wait, didn't Fusil die in that big explosion during the Second Crusade?

EDIT: Also, KJP made a tiny little error (just a few seconds difference) which ultimately led to every single one of Yaos' deaths. (Maybe.) I could literally just call out KJP's mistake and everything in the past month or two would be immediately retconned into non-existence.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:09:37 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4670 on: February 20, 2015, 01:09:31 am »

Question Kilojoule, could I get an info dump of everything that happened in the game, if it isn't too much work for you...
I would really appreciate a list of all the creations at least. Please?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: February 20, 2015, 01:10:06 am »

Keep out the stuff that Yaos and Malakath were involved in, please.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: February 20, 2015, 01:15:39 am »

It seems a retcon is in order, then. Fusil never actually had a funny hate - we just thought he had one. (It was that guy who was blessed so everyone would believe his lies.) In effect, you would've ended up trying to curse nothing but your own perception. But wait, didn't Fusil die in that big explosion during the Second Crusade?
It's complicated. As soon as Cim noticed Fusil doesn't mind the hat, it changed the original illusion to be invisible, placed a real hat suspectible to enchantment on Fusil and made it seem illusory. With Fortuna's help, Cim cursed Fusil to attract attacks, but made the curse stick on the hat. No, I can't remember if Fusil died in the explosion. Either way, I was talking about the latest death.

Another revelation: Cim's moustache was similarly not-really-illusory and enchanted to repel projectiles. That's why it was so powerful in the snowball fight.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: February 20, 2015, 01:21:59 am »

Hold on, how did Cim notice the illusion hat was a fake to begin with? Wasn't Fusil inside the sun when he died? What would enchanting his to to attract his attacks do when he's inside a star? He can't exactly shoot things, after all.

Question for Stirk: Were you really going to make a new character or were you just trying to trick us until Fusil could revive?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: February 20, 2015, 01:30:00 am »

Hold on, how did Cim notice the illusion hat was a fake to begin with?
Was that even necessary? Turning a hat invisible and replacing it with your own with similar properties doesn't really need one to know the whole truth. Probably the disappearing when not looked at, though.

Wasn't Fusil inside the sun when he died?
Yes, but the sun couldn't have done that much damage.

What would enchanting his to to attract his attacks do when he's inside a star? He can't exactly shoot things, after all.
Maybe not him, but Tykki still could. The curse specifically named Tykki's attacks to hit Fusil as well.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4675 on: February 20, 2015, 02:23:02 am »

Comic not loading: Strangely enough, the same thing happens after having restarted. I guess having it on cache masked some sort of no-hotlinking policy or something.
Ecci, god of Love and Children: This would have been both highly amusing and disturbing...
Andres and KJP being the same person: I doubt I'd have enough confidence to aggrieve anyone else were this the case. :P
Only Chrome and Firefox open: Strange that links, "IE6," "Safari," "Firefox," Firefox, "Chrome," Chromium, and lynx aren't mentioned along with the dozen instances of alsamixer and urxvt...
Flora post: Will be added to T111, then. Sorry about interrupting it with closing down the game after the work put in.
T110 taking >7h: PMs took up probably about 4 hours if I remember correctly, but integrating all the information after reading through IC and PMs (i.e. votes, suckerstabs, collabs, &c.) took only a bit more than an hour.
Ghizher's magic: Maybe it falls under Eldritch? It's more of a descriptivist kind of thing and only really significant for prices. We didn't get to see much of it (I think).
The Romans: What have they ever done for us?  :P Besides the sanitation, medicine, education, irrigation, public health, roads, freshwater system, baths, public order, and peace?
Lawmode: It was a bit like an urgent stamp for proposals having to do with punishing or litigation in general. Now, it also has extra rules to make it slightly faster.
Using ideas from YG: Feel free! Even using the current instance's setting would probably be fine (it would probably be better if the fog of secrecy and intrigue lifts, but that's unlikely to happen completely).
Andres' birthday: Happy birthday! (I note the awkwardness of my timing; it's difficult to reconcile an expectation to wish happy birthdays to those whose birthdays are immediately known with an announcement of the death of a game and apologize for that as well.)
Grauel winning: There wasn't really any explicit win condition other than "survive to the end," but Grauel did figure out some important things.
Resumption: It's a bit late for a resumption now, with the revelations of a few of  Cim's various activities.
Tiny little error leading to Yaos dying: I don't think it was close to every single one of the deaths. Three other tiny little errors (which may or may not have caused a rather vocal reaction) also kept Yaos from dying twice (no counting mistake), so consider yourself relatively lucky as far as tiny little errors go. Additionally, many if not most of you (pl.) have probably seen by now that I take a rather utilitarian approach to managing the players, so retcons affecting too many others are not likely to be applied (a few weeks of >10 players' work vs. 1 player = >99% no).
Infodump of creations: I can do that, yes. If you've enabled keeping sent messages, it may be easier for you to track down secret creations and record them, but I'll be sure to browse and collect IC stuff for everyone (if a bit slowly). Of course, these will not be published without the creators' permission.
Leaving out Yaos/Malakath stuff: I don't really see why, but I guess that means ~4% less work for the creationlist miniproject.

I hope I can get around to working on a more stable and scalable game (maybe just a single-entity SG with a bit less conflict to avoid YG's effectively O(nČ) time? Maybe an updated YG with improvements and optimizations?) in the next few weeks, but it seems sad to discard months/weeks of player development and intricate plots. Running a game was surprisingly helpful in keeping me from descending into stress-induced madness (at least before it started getting very slow), and I have to thank you all for keeping it going.

Thanks for all the thanks and have fun in whatever you play. :)

$$$Response
60K Humans: 2E

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: February 20, 2015, 02:46:26 am »

Maybe an updated YG with improvements and optimizations?
Oh gods above yes! YG was already super special awesome and now it's going to be improved? This entirely makes up for the cancellation of the current one! Birthday saved! :D But seriously, it's been a blast playing. You're a great GM and I'd love to be a part of whatever other game you make.

If there's one thing I regret, it's failing to bring Yaos back to life. Kinda. I don't really know if it would've been in-character for Malakath to pursue that goal. (She hasn't even started.) If she did, I think we would've seen Yaos again in about a week or two.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: February 20, 2015, 03:04:55 am »

I'll reveal a few interesting things about Grauel for kicks.

Grauel wanted to eat some Null as his big goal but never planned to eat the Bubble.

The only god Grauel wanted dead was the dragon that hated him for being green. That's also the only one he killed. He was however the first one who ever drained a sleeping god. He didn't kill any though (besides the one I just mentioned) and didn't plan to. It was somewhat amusing when someone copied him and took it further. I looked into it and got some serious clues but then lost interest.

Grauel tracked down the one responsible for the Gruen Plague and managed to have spies follow the Lich to a temple of a certain god who may or may not have controlled her. Never really acted on the info because I stopped caring.

Hmm... I think the Devourer had upwards of 100 essence invested in it by the end. I used it for combat like twice.

Grauel probably had one of the largest if not the largest private army out of all the gods. It never saw action. Not counting the Human - Gruen War. Most of the army was built after that.

Grauel was the first one to cause a time shudder. It was mostly for experimentation and he didn't alter anything. He used the ability one other time to test a technique that was supposed to not cause shudders. He was not responsible for any of the other shudders outside of the first one and possibly the last one. The last one coincided with Grauel creating a time stabilizer to prevent anyone from using time warping again because I figured it was too dangerous. Again, it was funny seeing someone copy Grauel ;).

Not even I am totally aware where all my essence income came from but I did invest very large amounts into various projects to make my followers like me more and to gain more followers. I invested much more in the Gruen than it would appear publicly. I probably put in more than some of you did with your angels.

Grauel was (to my knowledge) the one who first looked into the idea of reviving dead gods in an attempt to gain "immortality". The mechanics for it weren't publicly written until after I displayed interest anyway.

Grauel did talk with the Null but only early on in the game in exchange for some knowledge. Most of this was later perfected in my attempt to eventually go Null hunting. For example, I could travel through the Void with less than a 1% risk of paradox each time I left the Bubble. I almost had it down to nothing. Also, the time warping abilities came out of that initial knowledge with a lot of research time invested.

Edit:

If other players aren't going to have all their actions revealed, I'll pass on that as well. It gets complicated when I consider how many times I helped other gods create things or taught them how to create / do things. I deliberately left those things out above to be respectful. My character was by nature a little too intertwined with several others for me to make everything public if everyone doesn't want everything to be public.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:35:24 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #4678 on: February 20, 2015, 09:21:34 am »

Darruth had half a dozen angels created specifically to spy on people.

And they were damn effective, too, when I used them.

Ultimate goal was to make everything perfectly Good, then leave and do the same to a new Bubble. Rinse, Repeat. Probably eventually become a Null if he gathered enough power this way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #4679 on: February 20, 2015, 09:42:29 am »

Darruth had half a dozen angels created specifically to spy on people.

And they were damn effective, too, when I used them.

Ultimate goal was to make everything perfectly Good, then leave and do the same to a new Bubble. Rinse, Repeat. Probably eventually become a Null if he gathered enough power this way.
Effective indeed; Cim got suspicious and swept for spies multiple times, but it never found anything.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 350