Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 256078 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - Improvised Flashbang
« Reply #555 on: November 15, 2014, 03:21:12 pm »

Also, Jack, I'm sorry about not telling that joke you asked, I'm drawing a blank. :p
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 15, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »

flabort: could you also answer these questions while you're at it:

Would you be so kind as to say what that overreaction is, exactly?  What reaction to the abysmal GA vote would you consider to not be an overreaction from the person you linked GA to?

Why do you read MC, SBC, and Shakerag as town?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 15, 2014, 03:22:58 pm »

Also, Jack, I'm sorry about not telling that joke you asked, I'm drawing a blank. :p
It's okay.  I didn't expect a joke.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 15, 2014, 03:26:21 pm »

Also, please answer these questions:
flabort: Would you be so kind as to say what that overreaction is, exactly?  And, for that matter, what your evidence was against your real suspects at the time of your 4mask/GA/me votes?  What reaction to the abysmal GA vote would you consider to not be an overreaction from the person you linked GA to?

Would you be so kind as to say what that overreaction is, exactly?  What reaction to the abysmal GA vote would you consider to not be an overreaction from the person you linked GA to?

:P

<3 4mask

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 15, 2014, 03:34:27 pm »

Why do you read MC, SBC, and Shakerag as town?
The overreaction was the...damn my tired brain, the post that I thought was the reaction was before the... Damnit! I apologize, unvote all. I can't read at all right now, apparently.
I don't know what wouldn't have been an over reaction, because at the time I declared it an overreaction I thought he had voted in response to me, but it was the other way around (So, flabort's brain, how did YOUR vote get there?!). I was going to say "not an OMGUS", but he didn't, soo......

As for why those three are townish, MC because a gambit does not imply scum, because I love gambits, and because I was too tired to actually back-read anymore. SBC because I haven't seen much scummy activity at all, and Shakerag because I was tired of writing neutral or null or anything noncommital. Blarg.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 15, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »

As for why those three are townish, MC because a gambit does not imply scum, because I love gambits, and because I was too tired to actually back-read anymore. SBC because I haven't seen much scummy activity at all, and Shakerag because I was tired of writing neutral or null or anything noncommital. Blarg.

1. Why does MC's gambit not imply scum? Why was it a "townish" action?
2. SBC has had some scummy activity including his odd defense of and subsequent attack on cheese. Does this change your read of him?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 15, 2014, 09:14:21 pm »

So wait... you read Shakerag as town merely because you didn't want to be seen having too many null reads? Flabort...
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 15, 2014, 10:56:22 pm »

So wait... you read Shakerag as town merely because you didn't want to be seen having too many null reads? Flabort...

1. Why does MC's gambit not imply scum? Why was it a "townish" action?
2. SBC has had some scummy activity including his odd defense of and subsequent attack on cheese. Does this change your read of him?

These, but especially Cheeetar's point. Along with your apparent laziness in voting (you don't have a secondary target after your unvote?) and your persistent attempts to ask the town to back up your opinions, I'd like to see you hang, flabort.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 16, 2014, 12:02:24 am »

Quickpost!
Err...Jack, how does this elevate Flabort to Fingering? Or...make sense that way (with semantics)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 16, 2014, 12:44:07 am »

Here's a partial list of reads.

Jack - Noble. Pretty standard play. Probably town.
TheDarkStar - Has been asking good questions and
Varee - Actioned 2 people at the start of the day, which IMO is a pretty stupid thing to do. Also claimed that his ability targets at random. Other play has been mediocre. Claimed third party, probably third party. Probably not benign though...
Flabort - Likes gambits. Has a santa role. Trying to lynch Jack just because he's a noble is kinda strange. Recent posts have been pretty weak. Scummy.
Jim - Made some good points on mastahcheese before Toaster pulled the trigger.
Mastahcheese - Did an interesting gambit. Not sure how effective it was but I guess I can see his motivations. Not sure if realized Toaster is the hammerer. Kinda town?
Cheetar - Claimed third party with no wincon, and his apathetic play seems to agree with his lack of wincon. I guess he can just keep trying to get that role Jim has.

zombie urist: Varee and Cheeetar have claimed third party roles, yes.  Flabort too.
Where did Flabort claim third?

If GayArchea is going to be replaced, I'll unvote. I'll post more either tonight or tomorrow, but I plan on rereading the thread, paying special attention to TDS, flabort, and Toaster.
This never happened! >:(

Shakerag:  Who do you suspect and why?  Answer before your weekend AWOL.
Suspect for what exactly?  This game isn't straightforward you might have noticed.
Usually that question means who do you suspect is scum, or at least non-town. Even if this is a bastard game (its "only" semi-bastard) there's still likely a non-town faction.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 16, 2014, 01:38:29 am »

Where did Flabort claim third?
zombie urist: Here.

Quickpost!
Err...Jack, how does this elevate Flabort to Fingering? Or...make sense that way (with semantics)
Tiruin: That's Cheeetar you're talking to, not me.

flabort: And, for that matter, what your evidence was against your real suspects at the time of your 4mask/GA/me votes?
Flabort: ...Answer.
As for why those three are townish, MC because a gambit does not imply scum, because I love gambits, and because I was too tired to actually back-read anymore.
So, just to be clear, you see Cheese as townish not because of anything about his specific play or his specific gambit, but because gambits are not exclusive to scum and you think gambits are the greatest things ever.  Nothing that points towards him being town, or even indicates you've examined his play, whatsoever.  Just a banal generality about gambits and a personal quirk that has no connection to Cheese's alignment.  Is there anything you see that justifies a Cheese town read?  Perhaps something about his specific actions in this game (which, when stating reads, may be worth commenting on at least at some point)?

I get the impression that your Shakerag read isn't the only bit of bullshit in your reads.

TheDarkStar: This feels half-hearted.  No effort to show what happened, where it was, and how it was scummy.  Without an argument, or even a reference to previous arguments, this is basically just you saying you disagree and asking if this changes flabort's read of SBC.  Why the low effort?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:59 am »

colors and shit

Can you offer me a compelling reason why you shouldn't be lynched? You don't seem to be doing much of anything at all.

Jim: The wincon I sent you is optional, I think. Fulfill that wincon AND win in any other way to win TWICE. Unless TolyK didn't really mean it that way, and he DID mean it was mandatory. It doesn't say it is.

I clarified with TolyK.

It is mandatory.

So, again, thanks for that.

I, uh...
Made it impossible for me to complete one of my secondary wincons. Unless I die. Dangit.

And how do you think I feel about getting the same wincon?

Good job, bro. Doing a really good job there.

4mask, 4mask, 4mask, I got my votes via those gifts; Jim and Vector will have their votes back tomorrow, but for today I have them. If I hadn't given that other role to Jim as well, I would have four votes. I can only take 1 vote per gift.

You bastard.

Remember the part of the game where you were like 'Jim whys random bullshit got you down you should be the instigator of bullshit' and I was like 'no random bullshit is still going to happen to me' and then this happens.

TheDarkStar - Has been asking good questions and

And what, zombie urist?

And what??

You can't leave me hanging like this!

These, but especially Cheeetar's point. Along with your apparent laziness in voting (you don't have a secondary target after your unvote?) and your persistent attempts to ask the town to back up your opinions, I'd like to see you hang, flabort.

Why are you switching your vote to flabort? I mean, yes, I know your reasons, they're right there, but why flabort over mastahcheese?

In my estimation mastahcheese is far scummier. He's also been lurking.

FAKEEDIT: Actually now that I'm catching up with the thread I'm starting to come to the same conclusion.

Just out of curiosity, did you get a genie-related wincon like I did and which flabort gave himself?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 16, 2014, 02:41:32 am »

I forgot! :o
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 16, 2014, 03:06:15 am »

Just out of curiosity, did you get a genie-related wincon like I did and which flabort gave himself?

No, I did not.

Mastahcheese behaved oddly on the way to making a very poor and extremely attention-getting decision but Flabort is scum on a downward spiral. He's cracked after a day of scummy indecision and town-leading and general bullshit.

I initially voted Mastahcheese for being scummy, but that was intentional and immediately subsided at the end of the gambit. I still want to know why he thought it was a good idea to shoot Toaster at the beginning of the game, but I'm more concerned with SuperBlackCat's bizarre flip-flopping on him (and somehow knowing that Jack AT is town?) and Flabort's everything else.

Also, this is the person who knowingly took away my vote:

Vector wants to be a cop. This may be an anti-town wanting to look like town, but I think it's more indicative that Vector may be town-aligned. Her(?) later revision is an indication that she has a town or neutral read on me; meaning, she trusts me more than Toaster does. It also indicates that she is somewhat creative and can't stand being bland; I think this means if she does make a scum slip, it will be easy to see, and I don't see any yet. I trust that she is town aligned.

Vector, Tiruin, GayArchaea Not enough posts to read at all.

I feel like the "not enough posts to read at all" here is another nod to playing by consensus. There were equally few posts before, when Flabort decided I was town over wanting to be copped, but on post of everyone else's reads his point of view has radically shifted.

He also still hasn't answered my question regarding Varee:

I feel like out of all the players in this game Varee is the easiest for me to read.

I am very interested in this, since Varee has posted nothing but bullshit this entire game. What's your read?

Varee Wacky post restriction, still reading "Varee", AKA WTF-does-that-mean

Another direct contradiction on reads, and another sudden reversal on a strong factual statement about himself and his own opinions. This is really enough for me to be pretty sure he's making everything up. So yeah, scum down to the bottom.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 16, 2014, 04:26:34 am »

Quickpost!
Tiruin: That's Cheeetar you're talking to, not me.
>.>
Every game, I manage to confuse you two.
Spoiler: Even if this matters (click to show/hide)

...And really, now I'm posting in, sorry for the lapse of lacking Tiruin here.
Also hi Vector. Missed you ._.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 101