Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 256025 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 2 (14/15) (1 replacement) - Royalty has Arrived!
« Reply #765 on: November 20, 2014, 12:06:43 am »

Take from it what you will- no amount of misrepresentation of my case will change my mind on this.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 20, 2014, 12:08:23 am »

Take from it what you will- no amount of misrepresentation of my case will change my mind on this.
Very well, frame the case in a way that makes sense to you, proving your point, then.

And I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm actually considering whether or not to cast my ballot for you, because from my perspective your excuses stretch credulity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 20, 2014, 12:13:53 am »

I think both of you are having a town-fight and the scum are just sitting back and quietly lurking through the Day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 20, 2014, 12:18:18 am »

I think both of you are having a town-fight and the scum are just sitting back and quietly lurking through the Day.
As a point of fact, Cheeetar claimed third party.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 20, 2014, 01:20:51 am »

We can't lynch SBC and I'm wary of a Mastahcheese lynch- seems far too easy. I'll take a step back and look through who else was suspicious shortly.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 20, 2014, 01:23:17 am »

Stats homework done.  Time to start dealing with the game again.  Ugh.

Why do you think that it's low effort? I asked him several questions (including that one) about his reads with the implication that they were unclear and lazy.
TheDarkStar: You asked him three questions (and I have no objections to the first two), with one of them being, as I said, little more than a statement of disagreement with flabort.  Why does it come across as low effort?  Allow me to quote myself:
TheDarkStar: This feels half-hearted.  No effort to show what happened, where it was, and how it was scummy.  Without an argument, or even a reference to previous arguments, this is basically just you saying you disagree and asking if this changes flabort's read of SBC.
What did you expect to get from that question?

If cheese flipped scum, who would you be the most suspicious of? if he flipped town? If you feel this question may help scum, feel free to ignore it.
Persus13: I would see Superblackcat (his awkward defender until he was undefendable) and you (your defense of Cheese based on his lack of defenders...) as scummier if cheese flipped scum than if not, with SBC being the top suspect.  A town flip...I don't know.  That would require a thorough examination of the attacks on the guy.

mastah Do you mind outting some part of your role to give us a clearer view to you?
Rolefishing noted, Superblackcat. You've been iffy for a long time, but this kind of rolefishing (just before he gets lynched?) makes you very scummy in my books.
Cheeetar: Interesting that this, after all of SBC's increasingly absurd moves, is what got you to finally vote for SBC.  Pre-lynch urging to reveal role information is not uncommon.  What makes this particular kind of rolefishing scummy?
There are two real possibilities I can see:
4maskwolf was knowingly irresponsible (he knew he didn't know what the hell it did, but did it anyway without any discussion or sticking around to see what would happen)- scummy
4maskwolf did it knowing he'd screw over the lynch- scummy
Is scum more likely than town to act recklessly?  (I doubt it)  Why?

Let's just say that you should think VERY carefully and choose to lynch whoever the majority wants to lynch today.
Basically, I'm just assuring that you side with the town.  Sorry it had to be you.
4maskwolf: Interesting conflation of the majority and the town.  How safe do you feel in treating the judgment of the majority as the judgment of town?  Also, do you know anything about what the nuke does?

Proposal:  Let's just drop the hammer on Persus13 and spare some poor soul the agony of having to replace in and read over this gigantic clusterfuck.
Shakerag: How about we choose not to waste this day on killing someone for needing a replacement?

Vector: Interesting.  What makes you see it as a town-fight?

Cheetar, TDS is still my second scum pick, but they aren't on the same side I don't think. if mastah comes up mafia, probably Persus.
SBC: I've seen you vaguely touch on the reasons for the former scumpick, but I don't remember you doing so for Persus.  Why would you see Persus as scum if cheese was scum?

Jim Groovester: Under what circumstances would you override SBC's lynch choice?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 20, 2014, 05:00:37 am »

Do Y'all mind if I put my vote back on mastahcheese?

I don't mind. In fact, I want to see mastahcheese (finally) lynched.

You're scummy for asking though.

Jim controls everything in the end anyways.

I'll just let this quote stand for itself.

We can't lynch SBC and I'm wary of a Mastahcheese lynch- seems far too easy. I'll take a step back and look through who else was suspicious shortly.

Can we just kill scummy people without overthinking it right now?

Jim Groovester: Under what circumstances would you override SBC's lynch choice?

Mostly if I don't agree with his choice. Since he seems to lack the spine to choose for himself I don't see this being too much of an issue.

If he picks a target I think is scummy then all's okay. If he picks a target somebody else thinks is scummy then it will depend on how good I think the arguments are against that target. For example, if SBC chooses mastahcheese, then I'd be okay with that. If he chooses 4maskwolf, I wouldn't be okay with that because I don't find Cheeetar's arguments convincing. If he picks anybody I think is probably town then I'll be using the adamantine hammer.

Before the end of the day TolyK asked for a list of which hammer to use on every player in the game, so there's no way SBC can pull a fast one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 20, 2014, 05:32:12 am »

Toaster: Who do you think is scummy at the moment?
Zombie Urist: As above.

mastah Do you mind outting some part of your role to give us a clearer view to you?
Rolefishing noted, Superblackcat. You've been iffy for a long time, but this kind of rolefishing (just before he gets lynched?) makes you very scummy in my books.
Cheeetar: Interesting that this, after all of SBC's increasingly absurd moves, is what got you to finally vote for SBC.  Pre-lynch urging to reveal role information is not uncommon.  What makes this particular kind of rolefishing scummy?

His timid, passive 'well how about you just tell us your role and we won't lynch you maybe?' stuff, especially after his defense of Mastahcheese and subsequent immediate reversal all added up to make him very scummy in my eyes- more so than Mastahcheese.

There are two real possibilities I can see:
4maskwolf was knowingly irresponsible (he knew he didn't know what the hell it did, but did it anyway without any discussion or sticking around to see what would happen)- scummy
4maskwolf did it knowing he'd screw over the lynch- scummy
Is scum more likely than town to act recklessly?  (I doubt it)  Why?

This is a bit of a stretch, but here's my reasoning: An ability with unknown effects likely screws with somebody- it wouldn't be purely beneficial in a bastard mod. Scum would be able to fire and forget without worrying as much about the consequences as town- less chance of friendly fire, so to speak. Generating chaos is more pro-scum than pro-town.

Can we just kill scummy people without overthinking it right now?

Sure.
Jim: What information do you expect to gain from Mastahcheese's death if he's scum, third party, or town?
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 20, 2014, 06:06:20 am »

Err currently the only person that have a vote on them is Persus so I guess I vote Persus...

I think the lack of night leads to lack of information which leads to declining amount of conversation? I dont feels like there is much going on in the last few page I read, havent read the pages before that though...
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 20, 2014, 06:07:19 am »

unvote cuss that vote is pretty pointless....

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 20, 2014, 06:07:57 am »

You're voting for Persus because that's the only person with a vote on them?

I'd much rather lynch Varee than Mastahcheese.
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 20, 2014, 06:11:29 am »

like the other crazy stuff I do, i kinda need to do it not that I have a choice ....

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 20, 2014, 06:16:37 am »

Do you mean to say that your role requires you to vote in that way?
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 20, 2014, 08:43:53 am »

Not directly but in a way it is...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 20, 2014, 08:44:56 am »

I'm very stupid and can't understand you clearly- would you please explain as simply as possible for me why you vote in the way you vote?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101