Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 53156 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Farming Village Bloodline (One Free Spot!)
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2014, 10:22:20 pm »

Hurrah for usefulness!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 10:28:38 pm »

First thing's first. 

We need a townhall.  A nice, defensible building where we can have the trade depo and feast hall (purely for celebrations, of course.  Villagers would much rather eat in their own humble abodes).  We should have plenty of wood for that, I think.  This ancient wood will fell easily and turn into sturdy wooden walls.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:30:22 pm by evictedSaint »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 10:38:45 pm »

First thing's first. 

We need a townhall.  A nice, defensible building where we can have the trade depo and feast hall (purely for celebrations, of course.  Villagers would much rather eat in their own humble abodes).

Town hall sounds a little public servicey comrade. That's always my first move but I call it a Tavern under the boarding industry. A nice dining hall and beds for everyone until personal housing gets built. Prevents wild animals or an early tantrum spiral from wiping everyone out in the first month.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2014, 10:49:06 pm »

Hey ES-- Posted the result of a few hours of MSPaintering on the previous page. Not my best work, but you can do whatever you like with it.

I vote "Village Pub"-- We need to give it a name though. Something bombastic and provocative. It would provide a good structure to put the brewery complex inside later.

In light of the "Tax Evasion" theme, maybe something like "The Shafted Taxman", or "The Bastard Publican"-- -- Scratch that-- "The Pilfering Publican"

"Urist got hammered by the Pilfering Publican again."  It works on so many levels.

But we could always go full bombastic and do something like "The Snatchy Goblin."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:55:28 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:31 pm »

Broseph:  I didn't get any feedback on Dastot's vocation, other than the characterset image.  Is that a farmer/brewer/herbalist?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »

Broseph:  I didn't get any feedback on Dastot's vocation, other than the characterset image.  Is that a farmer/brewer/herbalist?
I mentioned it in the first journal entry but it was herbalist/potter. It should have been farmer/herbalist but it isn't because I am an ass and changed one profession set without changing the other so we have no farmer and two potters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2014, 11:18:20 pm »

Hmm....  Well, That could make an interesting story to think about. 

"Look, I just know what things you can pick that you can eat damnit, that doesn't mean I know how to grow the damned things!"

LOL

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 11:19:23 pm »

I vote "Village Pub"-- We need to give it a name though. Something bombastic and provocative. It would provide a good structure to put the brewery complex inside later.

The Bawdy Saint
The Rusty Coin
The Silver Crow
The Dungeon and Dragon
The Prancing Elf
The Tipsy Dragon
The Deeper Mug
The King's Reprieve  (because we're escaping the king's taxes)
The Pissing Dog
The Don't Go Inn
The Loading Bar
The Hawk Blocker (named after our first overseer, Koreg Hawkblockades) (my personal vote)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks sweet!  I was gonna give her another art attempt, after I was SURE that we wouldn't be starting over again. >_<
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:23:18 pm by evictedSaint »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 11:24:01 pm »

You should totally draw pisskop. "It's so great when everyone just gets along" *looks sadly over the hellhole.*

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nevertaxed-Koreg First Year
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 11:26:14 pm »

Second Journal Entry of Koreg Hawkblockades

(there is a bloody thumbprint at the top of the page and the script is more awkward than usual)

I awoke this morning with the impression that a forest giant was storming the fortr [this has been furiously scratched out] village. HugoLuman has worked with frankly upsetting efficiency. I am not schooled in wood but I suspect that in the past two weeks we have gathered as much as we can make immediate use of. She can fell and divide up a massive tree over the course of an hour or two. Blisters and splinters are the order of the day as the woman instructed us all in the basics of assembling a wooden structure and we all pitched in to create the framework of an inn to provide a public space to meet, dine, and sleep.
   I'll need to assign someone to manage it, but I'll worry about that once it's built. For these fleeting hours of peace I prefer to busy myself over lighter subjects, such as what to call this place of respite after it's built. I think “The SilverPlum” would read well on a sign but this may be an issue to discuss with the group. I'm quite looking forward to summer when the trees bloom. I'm not moved by the sight of pretty flowers but I was shocked today to discover that some of these massive trunks are plum trees. The largest plum tree I've ever seen was nearly forty feet tall, some of these specimens are over ninety. I suspect that dwarves have never tasted the fruit of these great trees. I fancy that one day Nevertaxed may be known for it's unique cultivars of plum and the casks of sweet plum wine and tart plum cider. The giant approaches again. Time to put in the floor of the tavern. 

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 11:34:33 pm »

You should totally draw pisskop. "It's so great when everyone just gets along" *looks sadly over the hellhole.*

I only have the built-in touchpad in this woefully underpowered laptop. I have much better control with an actual mouse. I am not at home, since I am staying at my sister's place for a while while I help her get everything ready for her baby girl that's due some time next month. Pretty soon I will be lending my airbrush to the task of decorating the little girl's room.  Already did umpteen bazillion loads of laundry and the like.  Gotta clean the catlitter still, and I already steam cleaned the basement carpet. (Her husband doesnt help her with the chores, and she's gotten rather too big to be doing all the housework herself, and had gotten behind.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 11:37:50 pm »

I only have the built-in touchpad in this woefully underpowered laptop. I have much better control with an actual mouse. I am not at home, since I am staying at my sister's place for a while while I help her get everything ready for her baby girl that's due some time next month. Pretty soon I will be lending my airbrush to the task of decorating the little girl's room.  Already did umpteen bazillion loads of laundry and the like.  Gotta clean the catlitter still, and I already steam cleaned the basement carpet. (Her husband doesnt help her with the chores, and she's gotten rather too big to be doing all the housework herself, and had gotten behind.)
Well, was more talking to ES. But congratulations on the impending niece/nephew!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:24 pm »

I'll probably draw all starting 7, if this bloodline goes on long enough.

Should we put up a poll for the Inn name?  I vote for "The Hawk Blocker" in honor of our glorious founder.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:43:28 pm by evictedSaint »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 11:49:01 pm »

"The Lucky Loophole"
"The Pickled Plum"
"The Five-Star FreeHold Inn"

Just some more ideas

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »

Multitasking.  Thats why I picked a doctor.  Hes meant to do whatever the first year.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54