Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 107884 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Five: 6/13 Remain
« Reply #810 on: January 27, 2015, 11:07:31 pm »

...damn it.

Unvote.

As much as I hate it, TDS is right. The idea of origami shooting his scumbuddy, then claiming some very obtuse role that even includes incriminating abilities just doesn't add up, and doesn't sound like a gambit that anyone would think to pull off.

If we believe Origami is telling the truth about being a survivor, and believe that DA is actually a cop, and that TDS is town, then that leave Deathsword, Comrade Shamrock, and myself as the possibilities of being scum. (and hopefully the last scum.)

Well, I've technically already claimed earlier, as I'm a vanilla soldier. And now I really wish I had some power to let me do something about this situation.

Bluh, I need to think on this.
This still makes me chuckle. Hehe
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

Oh, I forgot to mention:

I, 4maskwolf of the Bay12 forums, hereby name origamiscienceguy as my spiritual successor on this board!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what does that mean (sorry, this is my first game I don't know much)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what does that mean (sorry, this is my first game I don't know much)
Hehehe

Does someone want to explain to him what this means?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

...damn it.

Unvote.

As much as I hate it, TDS is right. The idea of origami shooting his scumbuddy, then claiming some very obtuse role that even includes incriminating abilities just doesn't add up, and doesn't sound like a gambit that anyone would think to pull off.

If we believe Origami is telling the truth about being a survivor, and believe that DA is actually a cop, and that TDS is town, then that leave Deathsword, Comrade Shamrock, and myself as the possibilities of being scum. (and hopefully the last scum.)

Well, I've technically already claimed earlier, as I'm a vanilla soldier. And now I really wish I had some power to let me do something about this situation.

Bluh, I need to think on this.
This still makes me chuckle. Hehe
It never occurred to me that you wouldn't know who the other scum are! :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf

i am sorry about making you seem like a bad PM

I did it to have an excuse for delaying information on my role  :-[

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf

i am sorry about making you seem like a bad PM

I did it to have an excuse for delaying information on my role  :-[
Lolz it's fine, don't worry about it.

That should have been a red flag, or at least a point of questioning for other players, though.  For a mod to forget such an important piece of info and then the player not to request it should have indicated that something was off.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You played an EXTREMELY good game here, OSG. And now that this game is over I can actually use it as meta evidence. ;) Bwahahaha!

I hope I didn't rant too hard at Flabort in deadchat. I knew he was scum, and I was kicking myself ALL game for not shooting him when I totally could have.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes, the next time I claim Jack Of All Trades, you can be almost certain I am lying  :)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, origamiscienceguy, it's part reference and part praise.  The reference is the... striking similarities to CYOM2's last day.  In that game, I proposed a plan that was too good to be true, everybody totally bought it, and then SOMEBODY killed me on a suspicion.  I was also playing without backup, since I bussed BOTH of my scumbuddies to maintain the charade.  In this game, you killed a "scumbuddy", made a preposterous roleclaim, had everyone believe it, and then lost because one person doubted you and got you lynched by themselves.  The praise is that HOLY SHIT, that almost worked.  Refuge in audacity to the extreme.  That gambit earns you a lot of respect from me, and that's saying something, since I am probably the most notoriously gambit-happy player in this forum.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

next time, could you give a 10-minute warning though?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

next time, could you give a 10-minute warning though?
I wasn't home when the day ended.  My "shut up" post was the first thing I could post.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, origamiscienceguy, it's part reference and part praise.  The reference is the... striking similarities to CYOM2's last day.  In that game, I proposed a plan that was too good to be true, everybody totally bought it, and then SOMEBODY killed me on a suspicion.  I was also playing without backup, since I bussed BOTH of my scumbuddies to maintain the charade.  In this game, you killed a "scumbuddy", made a preposterous roleclaim, had everyone believe it, and then lost because one person doubted you and got you lynched by themselves.  The praise is that HOLY SHIT, that almost worked.  Refuge in audacity to the extreme.  That gambit earns you a lot of respect from me, and that's saying something, since I am probably the most notoriously gambit-happy player in this forum.

Yet another amazing game that got me gimped/killed by the town and made me unable to participate. :P

Your scumplay in that game impresses me to this day, 4maskwolf.

@Time limits: I'm in support of the mod posting half and hour to an hour before the deadline is hit so that people don't have to edit out posts.

Alternatively, allowing for twilight posts may not be so bad an idea, as long as people don't talk after flips.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Okay, origamiscienceguy, it's part reference and part praise.  The reference is the... striking similarities to CYOM2's last day.  In that game, I proposed a plan that was too good to be true, everybody totally bought it, and then SOMEBODY killed me on a suspicion. 
:p :p :p

In other news, totally got it right with more than two thirds of my theories. :)
Either way, gg and holy crap was the RNG having fun with the lookouts (only one action out of 3-4 thrice?!)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mastahcheese, did you believe me or not?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57