Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6181 6182 [6183] 6184 6185 ... 7956

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4571117 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92730 on: March 26, 2015, 10:15:00 am »

It's a repeat, but there's no sense in building up a new legend to glorify them.  Might as well chalk it up to Pathos and move on.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92731 on: March 26, 2015, 10:28:23 am »

Confirmed: It's Pathos.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92732 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:49 am »

It's always Pathos but which incarnation?

Yea. Pathos is loterally Brahman.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92733 on: March 26, 2015, 10:33:30 am »

I played both Recettear (Yeah, cute little anime girl having a shop. And a grown man is playing it. SUE ME FLORENCE, CAPITALISM HO) and Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves again today.

And every damn time I'm sad because we probably wont see any sequels or even similiar games in the future. I want to play as a Shopkeeper, dammit! And I'm really starved for something like Sang-Froid. The Trapping was sooooo good!

On a more personal matter, spoilered since I dont want to pull anyone down:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92734 on: March 26, 2015, 10:34:45 am »

There's nothing more manly than a little girl going into dangerous dungeons so she can loot them, make it out alive, and sell the swag for massive profit.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92735 on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:08 am »

Well that was weird... Anybody wanna tell me what happened there?

@Saint discussion: IIRC Tiru even studies theology, but yeah, elevating people to sainthood while still alive is not a good idea - even though I'd like to nitpick here and remind Vec that saints usually refused to be crucified the ordinary way, and most were killed by entirely different means. But I guess 'reducing the flame over which the saint is roasted' or something similar does not have the same ring to it...

@Stuebi: It's like that for me as well - it's a perfectly natural reaction, if a bit unusual.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92736 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:50 pm by Vector »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92737 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:55 am »

If he's still around, I don't think St. Christopher would take kindly to being called the 'God of travelers' :P

(I guess you meant 'Patron', right?)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92738 on: March 26, 2015, 11:04:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:44 pm by Vector »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92739 on: March 26, 2015, 11:10:47 am »

Might as well chalk it up to Pathos and move on.
ILY.

All these young kids idolizing grisha5. I respect the great old one.

-Bwargh-
I don't have a problem with it. Nobody came up with inferiority complexes when we suddenly registered Aqizzar as an impromptu member of nobility.
We literally called him the single eminent member of authority in the lower forums.

... that being said there was those people who complained whenever he changed his avatar or acted silly, I'll admit.
But for the most part, everyone found it funny, nobody minded. Nobody meant any harm when the St Tiruin thing came around, nobody is making grand expectations of her, or sweeping the other helpful and positive people on the forums under a rug, but I personally don't want Tiruin to die before announcing that her efforts on this board are appreciated.

Spoiler -Snop-
We who are emotionally unavailable salute you.

On that note... I'm sorry Objective. I knew he was a bad idea for the forums, and saying hurtful things just to cause a reaction, but at the same time I felt like I had to defend his right to say unpopular things... It was really cruel of me. (Yes, this IS gonna be deleted really quickly)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:17:29 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92740 on: March 26, 2015, 11:30:08 am »

@Stuebi: It's like that for me as well - it's a perfectly natural reaction, if a bit unusual.
Are you referring to the bit about a certain shopkeeper girl, or to the spoilered text? I have a definite opinion about the former ("Being ashamed of playing Recettear is not okay."), but the latter is a much more complex (and somewhat related) issue.   

Caroline

• Bay Watcher
  • She was a lot like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #92741 on: March 26, 2015, 11:38:44 am »

And she's definitely not the only super-super-positive person here, like Reverie and Caroline.
I don't know what to react to this.
I'm not that positive!

* Caroline is an electron.

In all seriousness though, Vec is right. There's many great people here, and everyone is allowed to have their strengths and faults. We shouldn't idolize or demonize people- we should just treat them like people.

Or, ya know, we can just accept that it's cool to do girly stuff. Girly is awesome!
^Yep!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92742 on: March 26, 2015, 11:55:40 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:37 pm by Vector »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92743 on: March 26, 2015, 12:13:18 pm »

Erm...
Well, I'd like to write a lenghty response to your post, Vector, not least of all because I think anything less would be a sign of disrespect, but I can't think of much to say.

First of all, allow me to say that I can certainly see where you're coming from. If Tiruins support worked for everyone, psychologists would have started using it on everyone and there would presumably be a lot less people with psychological problems.
Part of being a human is that we're all different, and that definitely applies to what does and doesn't help, be it medication or emotional support. So yes, I can see where you're coming from with this.
I suppose part of the reason I saintify Tiruin is that I haven't really interacted with the other neverending fountains of positivity and help that Bay12 has.
The only one I can think off the top of my head is Caroline...
I've barely talked Reverie, and I've only ever seen Pufferfish around.
And, well...
I honestly don't know how to respond to the truly emotional part, at least, regarding you being tortured. I haven't experienced anything like it, and saying something like 'hugs', especially from someone like me, seems to be, well, cheapening it.
So yeah.
tl;dr: I see where you're coming from, and agree with you on some points, and have no idea how to respond to others.
On a side note: I apologise if a lot of this comes across as me being stupid or not understanding your position. Still 14 here, so I have a lot to learn about life.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:21:26 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Spaces now available to rent, for only $9.99 a month!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92744 on: March 26, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »

I knew that Longinus guy was sketchy. I was thinking he was either 12 years old or a complete idiot.
Pages: 1 ... 6181 6182 [6183] 6184 6185 ... 7956