Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You are a Game Developer <4/4> (Now with Non-Player Interactions)  (Read 5943 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Game Developer <0/4>
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »

Ok, I guess I'm in!

Donald creates the Strategy Board game genera! This genera of board game will have the base mechanic of having several pawns on a colorfull piece of cardboard, and moving them in specific ways to defeat your opponent. Along with this genera, he created the game World Order, where the goal is to dominate your opponant by either militaristic or democratic means. It is set in the pre-war era of the 1970's, where several ccountries are vying for power!

-$1000
-$500

Current situation:

Resources
  $8500

Expenses
  Apartment        -500/turn
  Total Expenses: -500/turn

Total Profit         -500/turn

Current Actions Left:          0

Games Released:         0

Current Game Development:
   World Order

((I hope I did that right... Also, do I have to roll a d20, or do you?))

EDIT:((I reread the genera creation spoiler and I missed stuff, so  its added in now...))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:59:10 pm by Peradon »
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Game Developer <4/4>
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 08:19:07 pm »

((I hope I did that right... Also, do I have to roll a d20, or do you?))

(All you need to do is post your action, and maybe some RP about your character's thoughts.  I deal with everything else.)

(Also, just to make sure it is understood, if you are a player, don't look at other player's reports.

End of Month 1

News

"Several new companies have appeared in a variety of industries this month.  The fate to befall these growing companies and corporations is currently uncertain, but economists are predicting a staggering growth in the economy as a side-effect.  In the entertainment industry alone, five major studios have been created for television alone, along with three movie studios, six radio stations, and seven that refer to themselves as 'gaming' companies.

These 'gaming' companies go by the name of 'Snowstorm Games', 'Komodo LLC', 'Excaliber Industries', 'Psychotic Rampage Incorporated', 'United Tilers', 'Dunician Legion', and 'Seeker Corps'.  When spoken to, the owner of FOG studios, Vin Malvio, said that the ideas brought in by these younglings will likely not go all too far, and people would return to the traditional form of entertainment.

In other news, the rhino population around New Guiness is steadily raising to previously unknown levels..."

Snowstorm Games

Spoiler: Employees (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Development Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Financial Report (click to show/hide)

Excaliber Industries

Psychotic Rampage Incorporated

Dunician Legion

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:30:12 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 09:12:35 pm »

Crazy Dave attempts to market "The Mushroom Torture" To Retail Stores at 15.99 dollars.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 01:34:46 am »

((Wait... So, my development of Strategy genera failed? I dont see it in my genera, nor do I see the game that I made... I think you mixed me up with another company....))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 02:32:52 am »

((Wait... So, my development of Strategy genera failed? I dont see it in my genera, nor do I see the game that I made... I think you mixed me up with another company....))

(It's fixed now.)

(Also, Playergamer, since you forgot to specify a game name, yours was given the default 'Unnamed Game'.  It's too late to change it at this point.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:53 am »

Donald adds a mechanic to World Order. The new mechanic features a board with pawns. The players pawns are placed every round on a specific feature of the board. At the end of a round, each player gets one card per pawn they placed. (For example, player A has two pawns placed on a feature. At the end of the round, he gets two cards that correspond with that feature.) A turn consists of a player placing only one pawn. A round ends when all pawns are placed. A feature can only hold 3 pawns.

((Man... I must have rolled badly on the implementation of that mechanic....))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 12:36:05 pm »

(Oh come on!  It's only the first turn!  Where are half the people?)

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »

Jack adds a mechanic to Wizard Battler 1. The mechanic is that different magic has a chance of giving a status effect. Fire: Burning, Electric:Stunned, Ice:Frozen.
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 06:22:08 pm »

(Just need playergamer now.)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:38 pm »

Add a new mechanic to the game: Targets shoot back at the end of the player turn.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 09:07:53 pm »

(Note: Additional mechanics are limited to one sentence per action, though a second may be used to clarify points (ex. Lord Goat defining what the effect for each type of magic is).  Further sentences past the limit will be cut.)

End of Month 2

News

"...thank you for that report on the weather, Andrainov.

In other news, the first two games are going to be coming soon, one each from the companies 'Seeker Corps' and 'Psychotic Rampage Incorporated'.  Seeker Corps is releasing what they term an 'item find' game called 'Seeker'.  It is expected to be priced around ten dollars.  The other game is one that has started to come under a lot of controversy for its name, 'Mushroom Torture'.  With the end of the War of Independence, this game is coming under fire for its apparent belligerent disregard for being so apparently uncaring about the usage of Torture by the Dark Emperor, especially as it is being released under a genre called 'Comedy', the name of the company not helping its case.  This is leading to a growing movement against the 'gaming' industry, a movement being supported by several major companies, with Vin Malvio being one of the more vocal supporters.

We go now to one of the protests occurring in one of the few chains that decided to pick up the game..."

Snowstorm Games

Excaliber Industries

Psychotic Rampage Incorporated

Dunician Legion

Non-player Interaction Opportunities

(People who aren't playing as a company are able to write something akin to a short story that can affect the game.  Players cannot write these.  Amount of opportunities is variable depending upon the turn.  Most can only be taken once, but later on there will be some subjects that can be written about more than once.  These will be indicated by a counter before the description.  These may be claimed, but if there isn't at least some basic idea put up (you can flesh out the detail more afterwards) within three hours, the claim is invalidated.)

Spoiler: Opportunities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:32:47 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:53 pm »

Jack attempts to get the local newspaper to run ads for wizard battler 1
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 09:50:08 pm »

PTW
This will be violent video games all over again.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 10:29:27 pm »

" I'm here live at the Protest against selling the video game 'Mushroom Torture' where the crowd is chanting 'We are free, let us be, no more torture fo-or me!' "

The camera moves from focusing on the reporter over to the store's door as it opens.

" It seems a man is coming out to discus the current situation....He is beginning to speak to another man who appears to be the group's leader...wait, oh my, the man that exited the store has just been stabbed, I say again, stabbed, by the group's leader."

The reporter gasps loudly, and the camera continues to focus on the group.

" I have just received information that he was the store manager trying to calm the situation down. Most of the group has scattered since he was stabbed, but there are a few who are starting to break into the store."

A man with a large muscular physique starts rushing at the camera yelling " We don't need anyone else to see this! "

" Greg, watch out! "

Camera goes blank...

(Should I flesh this out more, I read short, so this is short while delivering a point. Also, some people would be pretty upset if a video game featured torture right after they just obtained their freedom from an oppressive government that used it regularly.)

(Edit, If the store manager lives or dies is up to you, in my head he was just incapacitated.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:44:34 pm by Terra162 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Game Developer <4/4> (Now with Non-Player Interactions)
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:43 pm »

Jack attempts to get the local newspaper to run ads for wizard battler 1

(Trying to build hype?)

PTW
This will be violent video games all over again.

(Depending on how the Non-player Interaction 'Protest' goes, could be worse.)

Edit: Ninja'd

(Should I flesh this out more, I read short, so this is short while delivering a point. Also, some people would be pretty upset if a video game featured torture right after they just obtained their freedom from an oppressive government that used it regularly.)

(That will do.  You can add detail, if you want to, but the idea has been gotten across.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:34:37 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4