Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 17889 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »

Intro:

In an ideal world all members of a mech squad would go through training together. That way they would learn how to fight as a cohesive unit. However a pilot needs around 9 months to learn how to operate their mech effectively whereas a giant robot takes on average 6 months to construct. As such all nations in the Great War eventually found themselves with an acute shortage of trained pilots, and so a scramble to find replacements took place, with retired veterans, military-minded mechanics and similar folks all being drafted into the mech force. Thus squads formed early in the Great War were known as 'Mixed Nuts', for they contained pilots from wildly different backgrounds, training and experience.

The 25th is one of these 'Mixed Nuts' squads, and it is a sign of how quickly it was formed that most of you have not met each other until this day, July the 15th, 1904. A few hours ago the majority of you were in the half-ruined metropolis of Dirst, where you had spent several days doing nothing as you waited for your assignments to come in. But eventually your orders to join the newly formed 25th did arrive, and so you headed north along a half-ruined highway to your new assignment at Calignac Base.

The village of Calignac was a peaceful place before the war, and its inhabitants were content to tend to their paddies of rice and fields of vegetables like their ancestors before them. After the invasion most of them fled their homes, and since then the Terralban military established a base by the village due to its position along a major highway. Yet little fighting has taken place around the base, for the major Terralban offensive has been directed along the coasts instead of the less favourable terrain inland. Thus the newly formed 23rd, 24th and 25th mech squads were posted to Calignac Base, allowing the more experienced 7th and 12th to be rotated back to the front lines.

With very little fanfare the general staff at Calignac Base accepts your documents, assigns you a place to sleep, and hands over appropriate equipment for your new posting as mech pilots for the 25th. Sergeant Tonya Aurelio and Corporal Sean Hosier also receive folders packed to the brim with important documents for their role as officers, such as requisition documents, pilot assignments, and the radio frequencies and codes currently used at the base. They also receive a large manila envelope from the Executive Officer before being dismissed.

OOC Thread

Spoiler: Calignac Base (click to show/hide)

((The first mission will be up on Monday or Tuesday depending on my schedule, so use this time to introduce your characters and get to know each other a bit. I’m going to assume that nobody wants to get bogged down in bureaucratic stuff, so it’ll be handled in the background. Thus Tonya Aurelio and Sean Hosier technically don’t have to do anything to prepare for the first mission as that kind of stuff handled automatically, but I would prefer it if you organized everyone under your command into two fireteams, one for each officer to command in battle. However anything above and beyond that will definitely be appreciated.

Let me know if I missed anything, or if there's any piece of information that you want to know. I'm sure that I left something out somewhere.))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:35:40 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:14:19 pm »

Lionan hangs around the living quarters, situating his things.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 05:39:12 pm »

Tonya is hanging about. You know, chilling out, wearing shorts and a tank top.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 05:45:08 pm »

Averus is standing up, organizing his belongings. He is wearing military uniform. He quietly grumbles about how bad the defensive line around the base is, taking care not to let anyone hear.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 06:05:17 pm »

Meanwhile, a small-looking, black-haired girl in a white shawl seems to be wandering around the living area.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 06:08:43 pm »

"What's with the shawl, if I may ask?"
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 06:15:40 pm »

The girl looks at him.
"Huh?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 06:16:53 pm »

"Sorry, um. I was just wondering what you were wearing that for."
He gestures to the shawl.
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »

Averus looks up. Then he looks down again, deciding to just eavesdrop rather than pay his full attention to the conversation.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:48 pm »

"Sorry, um. I was just wondering what you were wearing that for."
He gestures to the shawl.
"Oh, this?"
The girl chuckles casually.
"It's just a reminder of home, is all."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 06:19:18 pm »

He nods.
"Sorry to be so forward. I'm Lionan."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 06:19:51 pm »

"I'm Iris." She smiles sweetly at him, extending her hand. "Nice to meet you, Lionan."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 06:25:48 pm »

He takes it.
His grip is as firm as his butt.

"Likewise."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 06:27:21 pm »

"So, Lionan, do you know where the mech base is? I was hoping to have a look at them before we get to pilot them."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 06:28:51 pm »

Lionan shrugs.

"I'm not sure where it's located, but I heard it had a set of giant tanks in the back. Want to go look for it?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27