Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Through the Maelstrom OOC (Taking Players [4/?] and Races [1/5]!)  (Read 9342 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Rex Invictus, stuff like my rogue's kit and any food I buy don't count towards my weight since I can put them on the ship, right?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rex Invictus, stuff like my rogue's kit and any food I buy don't count towards my weight since I can put them on the ship, right?

I'm willing to accept that.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions:

- What does BP mean in the upgrades book for the Tinker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/interjection-games/tinker/invention-book) ?
- Do we need materials to build the basic body of an automaton? If so, what do you recommend me use?
- What are the material requirements for installing upgrades?
- Also, what are the saves for the Tinker?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:43:15 pm by Pencil_Art »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions:

- What does BP mean in the upgrades book for the Tinker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/interjection-games/tinker/invention-book) ?
- Do we need materials to build the basic body of an automaton? If so, what do you recommend me use?

BP is the number of inventions you can have at each level, basically:
Blueprints: A blueprint is a schematic containing a number of inventions. A tinker begins play with a single blueprint, plus additional blueprints equal to his Intelligence modifier / 3, rounded down, minimum 0. Each blueprint can contain a number of inventions whose build point (BP) total is equal to or less than the tinker's class level. At 5th and every 5 levels thereafter, the tinker receives an additional blueprint, for a total of 5 blueprints at 20th level.

Yes, but assume you're using base steel for now since everything else is far out of your price range.

Depends on the upgrade.

Saves are listed on the top of the class table itself, your's are: Fort: +0, Ref: +2, Will: +0

P.S. Your stats are a little bit higher than they should be. :p Use this. The cost of moving a stat from 10 to 11 is not the same as moving it from 17 to 18 (10 to 11 is 1 point, 17 to 18 is 4 points).

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions:

Thanks. I have to go now, and I'll fix them later.
BP is the number of inventions you can have at each level, basically:
Blueprints: A blueprint is a schematic containing a number of inventions. A tinker begins play with a single blueprint, plus additional blueprints equal to his Intelligence modifier / 3, rounded down, minimum 0. Each blueprint can contain a number of inventions whose build point (BP) total is equal to or less than the tinker's class level. At 5th and every 5 levels thereafter, the tinker receives an additional blueprint, for a total of 5 blueprints at 20th level.

Yes, but assume you're using base steel for now since everything else is far out of your price range.

Depends on the upgrade.

Saves are listed on the top of the class table itself, your's are: Fort: +0, Ref: +2, Will: +0

P.S. Your stats are a little bit higher than they should be. :p Use this. The cost of moving a stat from 10 to 11 is not the same as moving it from 17 to 18 (10 to 11 is 1 point, 17 to 18 is 4 points).

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recommend you use Myth-Weavers for your character sheet. It does autofill for you so you don't have to worry about a lot of the stuff.

Like this is a chassis I just quickly filled out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:28:12 am by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile

Question: What domains does my rightful god and master, Krakor, grant his humble servant? Need to know for blessings and (later) channeling.
Also his alignment.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:13:04 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Domains: Artifice, Earth, Protection, Rune, Strength

Take from any of those for variant channeling and you have access to all the subdomains.

He doesn't have an alignment, choose as you will.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile

KK, I don't remember if I posted this, but I switched it to the sheets alpha anyways, so here's Shard, warpriest of Krakor. I still need to do some shopping, but the major things are all ready.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I cannot find the costs for steel or any other metal in it's raw form, and I can't find the upgrade costs either. I can find the costs for special materials, though (way too expensive. Would love to make a Living Metal automaton :D). Also how many skills and/or feats do we start with?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:50:08 am by Pencil_Art »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I cannot find the costs for steel or any other metal in it's raw form, and I can't find the upgrade costs either. I can find the costs for special materials, though (way too expensive. Would love to make a Living Metal automaton :D). Also how many skills and/or feats do we start with?

Ok here it is

Pound of Iron (and possibly steel): 1sp
Pound of Copper: 5sp
Pound of Gold: 50g (Note: I don't know if gold exists and even if it did its usefulness as currency might be significantly diminished)
Pound of Mithril: 500g
Pound of Adamantine: 300g (before you wonder why... Remember Mithril is super light)
Pound of Glass: 1gp

But here are the metals if you want to look yourself.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/ue-more-gear-4#table-trade-goods

I just need a story and my character's role on the ship.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks.

I still need to know:

- How many skills/feats we start with
- How many materials different size automatons require
- If we need just a base material and nothing else except upgrades and power source
- and what I need to install upgrades

That should be it. Thanks everyone for helping me with this.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Skill points are based off your class. Tinker has 4 + Int modifier. So if you're a tinker with an int modifier of +2 (an int of 14 or 15) then you have 6 skill points per level. Humans get a bonus skill point per level, too. You can put a max number of points into any one skill equal to your level.
- You get a feat at every even level. Humans get a bonus feat. So if you're human then you have 2, if not then 1.
- Assume that your first level automaton is free including upgrades, since you're restricted to blueprints anyway, but that it's just baseline for building materials.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since no one is available to fill it...

I guess I'll pick Captain.

Not the ideal situation (especially since my gimmick is freedom of movement), but someone needs to do it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:11:27 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7