Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 54836 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. (Dragonball Z on the PC.)
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:04 am »

Giant Storm is a good freaking skill. I used it a lot on my female ki-blasting saiyan before I unlocked Special Beam Cannon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2015, 11:39:42 am »

Giant Storm is a good freaking skill. I used it a lot on my female ki-blasting saiyan before I unlocked Special Beam Cannon.

It just got me through Cell's second training vs 3+3 Cell Jrs. Rush into a pack of them and start Giant Storm... and BAM! Lots of Dead Cell Jrs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2015, 07:56:06 pm »

Don't know why it works so well for you guys, when I used it it literally just exploded so far under them it didn't touch em :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38:21 am »

For best results, use it when your target is near the ground. Though to be honest I've never had much trouble with using it in the air either.

Are there any good AoE Super Moves? I want something that can deal with Cell Jrs and Mini Buus without charging up an Ultimate.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2015, 05:20:48 am »

For best results, use it when your target is near the ground. Though to be honest I've never had much trouble with using it in the air either.

Are there any good AoE Super Moves? I want something that can deal with Cell Jrs and Mini Buus without charging up an Ultimate.
Ginyu's Milky Cannon?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2015, 08:06:08 am »

Ginyu's Milky Cannon?

Android 17's Super Electric Strike is super damaging, and can easily tear through blocks. It only hits an arc in front of you though.

I recall there's a move called Giant Bomber or something from Recoome. People said it came out pretty slow and is centered on yourself, but if it hits it's more damaging than Giant Storm.

For Giant Storm, I charge into a pack of enemies. Punch one of them a few times, and start Giant Storm. Nearby enemies would want to swarm you, but you are protected by auto-guard, and the explosion will get all of them. I completed the first Majin Buu mission where you have to fight lots of mini-buus with flying colors just like that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:09:14 am by kcwong »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2015, 08:16:41 am »

Can you play as Raditz?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2015, 08:47:39 am »

Yes

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2015, 11:08:41 am »

I beat Majin saga; found Full Power Charge, bought Energy Drain and Victory Rush.

Now if only I can make a wish to redistribute my points... but I can't seem to find dragon balls anymore. After making one wish (for SSJ4 Goku), farming PQ2 and 12 no longer drops key item and I'm 2 balls to my next wish. Looks like there's some kind of upper cap.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2015, 11:20:49 am »

I managed to find 6 of seven dragon balls from farming PQs, but I received the last one as a gift from...I think it was the game itself?

Anyway, I wished for an Ultimate and got some sort of crazy deathball attack. Not all that useful for my melee-focused Earthling, but amazing on my ki-blasting saiyan.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2015, 01:02:31 am »

I managed to find 6 of seven dragon balls from farming PQs, but I received the last one as a gift from...I think it was the game itself?

Anyway, I wished for an Ultimate and got some sort of crazy deathball attack. Not all that useful for my melee-focused Earthling, but amazing on my ki-blasting saiyan.

I tried to use the anime formula for my Earthling... melee attacks with super ki blasts. My points are Basic Attack, followed by Stamina, Heath, Ki and finally Super Ki Blast.

I use Kid Chi Chi's costume before to further boost my basic attacks, switched to Pilot suit now to have more Ki so that I can make use of Earthling Ki regen and Cell (non-perfect)'s soul to use Giant Storm at the end of every melee chain.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2015, 02:40:23 am »

Pfoo, I've beaten every single quest there is. Now I'm working on getting an ultimate finish for all PQ's. It's not difficult (using a guide), but sometimes the hidden objective just won't show up. I've done certain quests 10+ times before I unlock it. So annoying.
In other news, does anyone play this online on pc? I'd love to give the multiplayer features a try. We could battle or I could help level/beat PQ's. All is fine by me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2015, 02:43:04 am »

I play on PC but I haven't touched online at all. Probably should give it a shot some day...

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2015, 04:31:40 am »

I tried connecting online a few days ago, the servers seem fine now.

They don't load all players present in the area immediately though, so what you will see is as you move from town section to section, you will see an initially empty hub and then as you move players will appear out of thin air. I haven't actually tried playing with anyone though, and is still manually switching to offline just in case.

Not being able to talk is quite annoying... they should've just stick in a disclaimer with an automated mute system, and let us talk freely.

I encountered a few bugs too... one instance of crash to desktop, and an AI Perfect Cell used his melee move and the green effect got stuck, trapping me inside.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2015, 12:13:11 am »

Ginyu's Milky Cannon?

This thing is so fucking good.  Ridiculously fast, big aoe, awesome to end a combo or start one or basically at any time.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29