Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 54837 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2015, 05:24:50 pm »

Definitely lower than what I stated for the PQ.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2015, 05:51:25 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:21:55 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2015, 06:22:21 pm »

I should mention, that fight really taught me about positioning. Frieza (at whatever AI/script point that makes him basically have Super Armor and perfect blocking), if you can engage your opponent off their flank you have a much better chance of dealing some real damage, and you're less likely to eat a counter attack. That's why whenever I Dragon Rush at an opponent, I zig zag right at the end. If you DR right at them, they will turn to face your attack, but you can exploit the timing gap in their facing by hitting them with an attack as you're DR, so there is no gap between you DRing and them taking damage, so they are rarely able to block. They can however still teleport and/or dash. But never DR straight at a boss to engage them, the ones intended to be hard will just wreck your shit.

That said, I still ended up Ki Blast attack spamming Frieza in the end, at which point he was just as squishy as your average opponent.

I wonder if it just has something to do with your raw attack power vs. some internal level on the opponent. Like if your Basic Attacks are <30, Frieza will not stagger to any Basic Attack. And if it's >30, he staggers as you're used to seeing.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2015, 06:34:47 pm »

What level were people when they managed to beat Frieza?

I'm like 20 or so and just finished wiping him out. The PQ still mega-trashed me, though. Gonna go get Kaioken and try again >:[

Got Kaioken x20?  I'm trying to level grind that in Parallel Quest 09, and having someone else along would be really helpful.  Admittedly, I'm not able to go online in the game for another 3 hours due to a class, but after that...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2015, 06:40:54 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:21:32 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2015, 06:50:42 pm »

Could be fun! I've got the world's shittiest net, but if it's up around then... What info do we need to hook up... ?

You gotta locate each other as players in DBZ and make them a "Favorite" by viewing their profile, then one of you needs to start a Team and add the other from their Favorites Menu. Even doing that I was having problems, possibly because I'm stupid, but Sirus was able to get it to work.

If you're Steam friends I think you can use Steam's invite to game feature when you're at character selection in the Online PQ match.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »

Could be fun! I've got the world's shittiest net, but if it's up around then... What info do we need to hook up... ?

My steam username is Zanzetkuken, character is a grey-skinned Saiyan named Carbon at level 20.  That might be enough information to find me in-game.  Might be helpful to have similar information from you.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:36 pm »

Yeah to the people grinding for Kaioken...don't. Seriously its NOT the power boost it is in the show, its only about as effective as the fighting pose that ups your attack, so its really only useful for certain builds. And that's the X20 version!

As for the when you beat Frieza thing, I beat him the first time around 20ish? The story one at least, PQ is noticeably harder.
With the build I'm using now I could probably do so at level 1 :P Seriously, awesome build is awesome.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2015, 09:00:50 pm »

Yeah to the people grinding for Kaioken...don't. Seriously its NOT the power boost it is in the show, its only about as effective as the fighting pose that ups your attack, so its really only useful for certain builds. And that's the X20 version!

20x nixes all drain of stamina outside of itself, and boosts both melee and ki supers by several percent.  Here's some numbers someone found..

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2015, 11:07:25 pm »

If you're having a problem dealing with a single overpowered boss, try spamming throws. They're unblockable.
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2015, 12:09:14 am »

If you're having a problem dealing with a single overpowered boss, try spamming throws. They're unblockable.

I know, but I'm trying to play though the fight without them.  Granted, that led to my previous fight, where, at the start, within five seconds from the start, I targeted Frieza, rushed towards him to attack to build up Ki, and was promptly grabbed by his tail and thrown off to the side, after which Frieza kept on punching me into the ground.  What happens to Gohan here is pretty nearly the same thing as what occurred to me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2015, 12:25:51 am »

Unblockable. Not undodgeable. I'm not even talking teleport dodge.

In my first couple fights against that Frieza PQ (where you don't get allies), I got on to the idea of throwing him, and almost beat him until enough mistakes/unavoidable attacks cost me. So I was like, "Alright, this is gonna work, I have my technique down now." Restart the mission, get a throw or two off...

And Frieza just starts side stepping me, like crazy. I send throw after throw back to back to try and snag him, and he sidesteps right as it is about to connect. I'm side-stepping, then trying to throw, and he sidesteps me again. And the second I lay off because I just can't keep up the pace, he nails me.

I've never had that experience since, and cheesed 1v1 fights that way when anything else is just too risky to try. I dunno if that's just a trait of jerk PQ mission AI, or what. But I was completely dumbfounded, and totally pissed off. I didn't come back until I got Super Vegeta and I turned his ass into a smoking crater on a dying planet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2015, 05:19:05 am »

20x nixes all drain of stamina outside of itself, and boosts both melee and ki supers by several percent.  Here's some numbers someone found..
X20 never stopped stamina drain for me! It always makes me pay full price for every teleport. Is this from the new update? The one I can't get because then I would be forced to have a constant online connection that never wavers in the slightest to play the game?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:14 pm »

I've been watching DBZ Kai on Toonami for a couple months now, and now I really want to play this game, but I can't because of my brother's intense irrational hate for any kind of anime, or pretty much anything from Japan. I can watch the show without him knowing because it's on after he goes to bed (the filthy casual) but I can't hide games from him because he insists on barging into my room like an asshole to see what I'm doing every five seconds.

But anyway, that quickly turned into me ranting. Is there anything bad about this game that might make me not want to get it? Or is it just as amazing as they say?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2015, 12:58:00 pm »

But anyway, that quickly turned into me ranting. Is there anything bad about this game that might make me not want to get it? Or is it just as amazing as they say?

I'd argue it presents well, delivers the fun but it doesn't have the legs for really long-term gameplay. You'll beat the story, beat the PQs, get the Dragonballs, collect the Time Shards or w/e and you're pretty much done. I haven't done online mp battles but....from a SP/Coop standpoint, the game definitely has its limits.

I would maybe recommend waiting for it to go on sale, but it could be months before they decided to let the price drop. Unless you're like a huge fan DBZ, gameplay is just casual enough to make you question the $60 price tag.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29