Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 55314 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2015, 09:30:46 am »

Bought the PC edition of the game, and, after dropping the settings lower, I got it to around 30 FPS (I think) during battles.  I think it took me at least 10 attempts to beat the first parallel quest Raditz gives you, and even then, by only a sliver of health and a lot of luck.  The gohan portion of that one didn't even show up, as well.  This is gonna be a long game...
Alternatively, put everything you have into Ki Blast Supers and unleash the storm of sure-fire death.

That won't work too well until later...
- You don't start with a ton of Ki
- You don't have a good skill to charge them (unless you're Earthling then you just kite, but you won't get many ultimate finish this way)
- You have no good skill to use it with

Just focus on story missions early on, and don't sweat about ranks. When you get stuck, go back to do parallel missions.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:52 am »

Bought the PC edition of the game, and, after dropping the settings lower, I got it to around 30 FPS (I think) during battles.  I think it took me at least 10 attempts to beat the first parallel quest Raditz gives you, and even then, by only a sliver of health and a lot of luck.  The gohan portion of that one didn't even show up, as well.  This is gonna be a long game...
Alternatively, put everything you have into Ki Blast Supers and unleash the storm of sure-fire death.

- You don't have a good skill to charge them (unless you're Earthling then you just kite, but you won't get many ultimate finish this way)

Just focus on story missions early on, and don't sweat about ranks. When you get stuck, go back to do parallel missions.

Yep. Most enjoyable this way too. I spent a while trying to get ultimate finishes on everything before beating the story, but outlevelling the story makes the fights a lot less epic

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:55 am »

Don't forget that you can use the scouter (even if you don't have one equipped) to look at your enemy's level and a few other stats. If you hit a wall in Story Mode, just level yourself up to match your opponent and it should be a much more interesting fight.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2015, 12:11:28 pm »

Yep. Most enjoyable this way too. I spent a while trying to get ultimate finishes on everything before beating the story, but outlevelling the story makes the fights a lot less epic

Sadly this is true. I obsessed about Z Ratings on all available missions, and getting all the skills and gear to drop, and basically annihilated challenge as a result. You end up with story missions that aren't hard enough, and PQ's that are utter ball breakers.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2015, 03:11:58 pm »

You end up with story missions that aren't hard enough, and PQ's that are utter ball breakers.
To be fair, after beating the game you end up with this regardless :P

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2015, 03:23:55 pm »

You end up with story missions that aren't hard enough, and PQ's that are utter ball breakers.
Except the PQ 52 and PQ 53. Those are insanely easy and give a shit-ton of experience.
._.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2015, 05:56:32 am »

Except the PQ 52 and PQ 53. Those are insanely easy and give a shit-ton of experience.
Which are those? Dragonball finding ones?

Indeed, I do this.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2015, 06:48:24 am »

Which are those? Dragonball finding ones?

In 52 you fight 3 great apes - Nappa, Vegeta and Bardock. When you can unlock 52, you can punch Nappa and Vegeta to death.

In 53 you is the one where you collect 3 dragon balls to clear. On picking up the first Broly will show up together with Videl, Goten, and Trunks (as your allies). With that many allies around, you will have a lot of time to charge ki to strip Broly of his super armor, so even getting ultimate finish is not that difficult.

I beat all PQs a few days ago (Earthling, Basic Attack major, Super Ki Blast minor)... I have Z-rank in a bunch (including 7-star and DLC ones), S and A in others, B and C in a few, and one D (the one where you collect dragon balls vs. Frieza, Cell and Buu). I seem to usually do bad for missions about dragon balls. I suck using that radar, and I often get lost in general (which exit do I use next? Where is it?!).

The ones with two or three Super Saiyans are annoying, but not impossible. The problem is getting high enough scores...

In other news... I am in favor of banning people like these.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:03:41 am by kcwong »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2015, 05:12:59 am »

The disconnect problem rears its ugly head again... now I'm getting kicked from server after 2 or 3 PQs.

Cheaters aplenty, and no activity going on here as well... offline mode for all eternity it is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2015, 11:53:29 am »

Offline is pretty much the only way I play anyway. To me, DBX is primarily a single-player game with occasional multiplayer elements. Like Dark Souls or Elona or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »

Yeah I was kinda underwhelmed by hot it plays in MP. You're so used to spam attacking an opponent anyway that you barely notice the other players.

Really the only benefit to coop seems to be in large team fights you're not stuck with feckless AI who can barely fend off your opponents, let alone hurt them. Which in the end just makes the fight easier, rather than more fun.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2015, 05:12:06 pm »

Is now upset that the only "offline mode" the Xbox version has is "not updating the game"

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:15 pm »

What level were people when they managed to beat Frieza?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2015, 04:44:44 pm »

That PQ from Kid Gohan? I think like.....30ish? Which was overkill by the time I did it. At low 20s, it felt like a tough fight.

I seem to recall I ground for Super Vegeta before I actually beat that fight.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »

That PQ from Kid Gohan? I think like.....30ish? Which was overkill by the time I did it. At low 20s, it felt like a tough fight.

I seem to recall I ground for Super Vegeta before I actually beat that fight.

I meant the story mode defeat of Frieza, first set of 4-5 fights.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29