Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 55318 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2015, 07:38:30 pm »

...Anyone have an idea of why my Ki Ultimates are only doing scratch damage despite me having 30 in the Ki Super stat, and have a full set of equipment that boosts the Ki Super stat?  Also, how in the world to avoid having my second melee hit knocking the enemy out of range of the rest of my strikes?

My best guess is you have REALLY bad timing and just always hit them when they're blocking...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2015, 07:43:31 pm »

...Anyone have an idea of why my Ki Ultimates are only doing scratch damage despite me having 30 in the Ki Super stat, and have a full set of equipment that boosts the Ki Super stat?  Also, how in the world to avoid having my second melee hit knocking the enemy out of range of the rest of my strikes?

All Ki Ultimates? What race are you playing? I don't recall the Saiyan move set having that problem.

Saiyan using Final Flash.  Dealing less than half an inch of the health bar for a full hit on an enemy 3 levels lower than me.  In fact, I think everything is doing less damage than it should be.

My best guess is you have REALLY bad timing and just always hit them when they're blocking...

It's happening all the time, though.  I've watched it, they are knocked back immediately after the second hit lands, just out of range of the third.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2015, 07:46:27 pm »

despite me having 30 in the Ki Super stat
Well here's your problem.

If you want to use blasts effectively, you need to put ALL YOUR POWAH into Ki Super stat and DO NOT STOP until you reach 100.
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »

Not true. My Ki Blast is probably upper 30s or low 40s, and it decimates. I'm playing the same race using the same moves, and I can't say I've seen either of those problems except sporadically.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:27 pm »

Not true. My Ki Blast is probably upper 30s or low 40s, and it decimates. I'm playing the same race using the same moves, and I can't say I've seen either of those problems except sporadically.
But with 100 in your Ki Blast stat, you'd decimate THREE TIMES FOLD! Your enemy will be decimate three times in row, leaving only 1/1000th sized pieces afterwards...

BTW, have you already fought the PQ 53, the one with Broly, Videl and the Dragon Balls?
._.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

It's happening all the time, though.  I've watched it, they are knocked back immediately after the second hit lands, just out of range of the third.
I meant for the Ultimates. I think the AI is always blocking your ultimates somehow, that would explain the lack of FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

As for the melee thing, I found that just using "quick" attacks all the way instead of switching up with charge attacks makes them stay same range.

Indeed, I do this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:04 pm »

Finally beat all of the Time Patrols! Huzzah!

Think I was level 65 by the time all was said and done. I had to attempt the final mission twice, but only because I had run out of the only healing item I had equipped a few missions ago and forgot to re-assign any new ones. Both Super 17 and Omega Shenron were down, but so was SS4 Gogeta and Baby still had full health while I only had a sliver. The second time went much more smoothly, and Baby died to a single tail grab.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2015, 10:01:22 am »

Ptw
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2015, 05:05:45 pm »

destructo disk is seriously the best move in this game like seriously

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2015, 05:11:40 pm »

destructo disk is seriously the best move in this game like seriously
I found it pretty meh to be honest. Just WAY to slow to be useful. But then I guess they had to give it SOME disadvantage for balance reasons. If it was faithful to the show it would be the most OP move in the universe. All wars and battles would depend solely on who could Destruct more Disks.

Its kinda a testament to how crap Krillin is that he managed not to do anything significant with it.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2015, 05:14:54 pm »

I found the required angle to hit with DD too finnicky. I mean, all Ki Blasts in DBXV are quirky, but DD likes to tilt on its side or w/e which makes it super easy to side-step for the AI, and is impossible to hit with pointed up or down. I liked the damage on it, and how well it combos into other moves. But missing with it constantly (even when the AI doesn't dodge) caused me to go with a fuck off huge Ki Beam instead. Still misses, but a lot less due to how the attack decides to line itself up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:37:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2015, 05:16:53 pm »

His power level was, like, four or something. Apparently that monk training did squat for him. :P
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2015, 05:18:11 pm »

The main thing about it is the way it has a ludicrous stunlock combo while in super saiyan.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2015, 08:45:43 pm »

I always liked Krillin. A perfectly normal human, no saiyan blood, no alien anything, the only thing being outstanding about him was a fairly useless super-kami-guru power boost (or was that just in DBZA?). Just a bit of martial arts training, that somehow ended with the ability to fly and throw destructo-disks.

That's some pretty impressive martial arts training.

Normally you'd think he was like a little bald Superman. Except for the fact that there's aliens and gods and stuff that throw WAY BIGGER ki blasts and hit harder and fly faster (and possibly through time).

Awesome in the sense of "one of the most powerful humans ever". Absolutely hopeless compared to everyone else in the DBZ universe though.

Videl doesn't count (she has saiyen sperm in her vagina).
Uub is Buu.
Yamcha is weaker.
Tien has Chiaotzu sperm in his bum.

Krillin is the closest thing to Superman. He just sucks compared to everything else.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:54:45 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2015, 08:57:38 pm »

The guru power boost was definitely in the original.

And hey, now, Videl could fly way before Gohan went for that.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29