Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: N00B Succession Fort  (Read 20524 times)

DarkPygmy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: N00B Succession Fort
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2015, 10:32:33 pm »

NJW, I would be honored to have the privilege to help man such a fort as this one.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2015, 03:13:37 am »

Adding you now.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2015, 03:01:52 am »

Ah, tonnot? Any updates?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2015, 04:27:04 pm »

Ahh, it's the first of Felsite, and I've grown to like what is going to either be my new home, or my tomb. I've only just arrived, and the first impression was... smelly. There were corpses littered all around the entrance, it was quite horrifying, really.

Then someone says it's my turn.

As soon as I have time to think about what he said, I start getting messages, the first of which is likely the most trivial.

I see the military, and even in our age, we still have a mediocre one at best. I shall fix this.

Okay, I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to deal with problems as they arise.

THE WALLS ARE CORPSES. I-I'm just hallucinating, right? Yeah, I'm hallucinating.

And so we have a giant layer of stone carved away, just so someone can leave their name in the ground. Amazing. I feel like I can make this better somehow.

MUCH better...

Solon Betaniden was the one to do the task. I'll just blame it on him if bad things happen.

What makes them think that this is an appropriate shortcut to their worksite!?

Okay, I restricted the area from traffic, so that the lava may flow!

Oh my, It seems that I can no longer watch lava flow. IT IS TIME TO FIGHT!

While goblins and trolls start coming in, the military races from the depths of the fortress to defend their home!

Aban Missodel, Hammerlord is the first to the fight, effortlessly dodging and blocking incoming attacks, and felling trolls within three hits! These goblins don't stand a chance!

Even as the goblins don't land any hits, even a dwarf like him can't fight forever. He is becoming over exerted, and has no backup!

After slaying over 15 goblins single-handedly, a devastating wound has been wrought by the hammer-lord's own mistake. His revenge is painful.

But even through crippling wounds and over-exertion, he fights on, killing any goblin that dares come near!

He crawls around the chaos he just brought upon the goblins, finishing any that he left unconcious, rather than dead.

But there comes a time, when even heroes fall.

A goblin with a pike finished the job, rarely able to pass the dwarven armor, he finally found the pike piercing the X kakapo leather cap X, and put the beard into a sleep, of which he never woke from.

It is only now that the rest of the soldiers have gathered their equipment, to retaliate against the goblin forces.

AND HERE ENDS PART ONE
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2015, 04:36:52 pm »

Fantastic! I reckon we should put this fort in for the dwarven archaeology thread, when this turn finishes.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »

Fantastic! I reckon we should put this fort in for the dwarven archaeology thread, when this turn finishes.
There's not really much special with this fort, aside from that signature I'm filling with magma. Everything is like an average fort, just more messy.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

drago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »

Well written ton.

Enjoy reading it, like how i enjoy reading boatsmurdered☺

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2015, 02:19:03 pm »

i figured out why the walls are made of corpses. tell you later! :P
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

My engravings? The screenshot you showed was just the engravings I put frikkin' everywhere.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2015, 04:45:56 pm »

some of them were my ebgravings >:(

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2015, 03:06:28 pm »

Yeah, I didn't know they were engravings, going in. The phoebus pack looks much different than it did in 34.11
Meow.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2015, 02:52:49 am »

ah well, problem solved. those were engravings and im not a mass murderer

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2015, 10:35:52 am »

Gwolfski may not be a mass murderer, but I hope this world doesn't have an equivalent to the Geneva Conventions...

Ribbonfree

• Bay Watcher
  • we 【=◈︿◈=】 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »

Gwolfski may not be a mass murderer, but I hope this world doesn't have an equivalent to the Geneva Conventions...

As fucking if. Every fortress and it's grandmother tries to flood the world with infinite [deadly liquid of your choice], that's hardly friendly to other sentient beings.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2015, 06:23:19 pm »

Or, alternatively, sacrifice infinite [LIQUID OF CHOICE] to the underworld.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21