Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803010 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »

Paint the area with a spraycan or with a marker?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2015, 02:01:04 am »

So is it possible to make an obvious sign or signal?  Something to point out a nearby minefield.  In case I miss the Ps when driving.

Any good ideas?
...Hilariously, when I drove my custom vehicle over one (with the front being much like a 4-wheeled ATV, but with a reinforced windshield and giant wheels [big wheels = more speed!]), I ran over many, many mines. Suffered...no damage at all xD

m > N > Minefield!
Map, notes, "Minefield!"?

As I'm pretty unsure how to spot a minefield on the minimap unless you're traversing a commonly used route, unless you blow up the mines by proximity molotovs.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2015, 07:04:58 am »

how dissasemble a seat for take the spring?

Is it in your inventory or not?

No

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2015, 07:44:32 am »

if its not on the ground, you may not have successfully retrieved it from the disassemble
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2015, 08:15:10 am »

So is it possible to make an obvious sign or signal?  Something to point out a nearby minefield.  In case I miss the Ps when driving.

Any good ideas?
...Hilariously, when I drove my custom vehicle over one (with the front being much like a 4-wheeled ATV, but with a reinforced windshield and giant wheels [big wheels = more speed!]), I ran over many, many mines. Suffered...no damage at all xD

m > N > Minefield!

As I'm pretty unsure how to spot a minefield on the minimap unless you're traversing a commonly used route, unless you blow up the mines by proximity molotovs.
Arent wide tires mine immune?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2015, 08:31:04 am »

Any good ideas?

m > N > Minefield!

Arent wide tires mine immune?

Nope.

@ teoleo: Stand on the square the seat is in and press Shift+B. If the seat is still in the vehicle, you'll need to remove it first.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2015, 10:20:54 am »

If your tires missed the mines then they won't explode, I think.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2015, 04:21:05 pm »

Since Note icons show up in the minimap now I've taken to just making a colored icon with notes when I spot a vehicle hazard.

M For landmines.  # For Wreckage or Road barricades. R For the last known location of ridiculously dangerous things like Tank Drones  A few T in places that I've been where trifflid queens were active to avoid 'road groves'. 

They all do very well and serve as both an obvious big red warning sign and a reminder of exactly what kind of threat it is.  Even out of the corner of your eye something big and red showing up on the minimap (where that color is otherwise almost nonexistent) is a big heads up.

I also use other symbols as well Green or yellow % depending on weather the mobs are alive or not for bodies.  A big capital C for cars out in the sticks or notable cars in cities color usually dependent on what it's good for. Red if it's just notable for being in the way.  A yellow X for looted houses, a Red ! for places like houses with spider nests or wasp hives, a blue $ for places that I was not able to loot for some reason...  Lots of info can be placed just with colored symbols, before even writing notes on them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:28:10 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2015, 04:32:37 pm »

Capital E on the main map will gray out the selected tile, usually used for ones you've explored.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2015, 05:16:16 pm »

Capital E on the main map will gray out the selected tile, usually used for ones you've explored.
Yes, if you use Shift+e on a map tile for buildings you have already looted it makes very easy to tell them apart at a glance without having a city filled with notes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2015, 09:53:28 pm »

Hunh.  I was raiding a grocery store in the dark and I suddenly exploded into flame.  I may or may not have accidently activated an incendiery grenade in my pocket.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2015, 10:06:06 pm »

@jocan:
Wide tires were trap immune for a while, but it wasn't intended but was instead was due to a hard coded thing somebody forgot to update. Once we noticed the problem it was updated with a more robust system that "fixed" the problem (and stopped wide tires from being trap immune).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2015, 10:18:55 pm »

Ahhh well it could have explain why he didnt blow up when running over the mines, then he was crazy lucky.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2015, 01:19:29 am »

Ahhh well it could have explain why he didnt blow up when running over the mines, then he was crazy lucky.
Made me surprised.
Oh! And that thing was of a really further-back-in version of Cata. Unsure nowadays because I'm busy even finding a nice military vehicle to...repurpose.
Also she, if you mean me.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 19, 2015, 05:22:44 am »

Also she, if you mean me.

STOP CONFUSING TIRUINS GENITAL PERSUASION PEOPLE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 451