Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 799952 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #795 on: April 22, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

Wow. You made an anti-zombie vehicle that is also somehow four times as nerdy as a Segway.
Congratulations.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:02 pm »

"They see me ridin'
My segway
I know in my heart they think I'm white
Just white and nerday~"

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 22, 2015, 01:39:14 pm »

Probably my best round so far on the multiplayer server. Although to be fair, I chosed the ambushed survivor start so I did start with a bunch of skills and gear and such.

At the four day mark and I've killed a couple of T-rexes with a crossbow. Pretty nicely kitted out, although I am missing a few tools. Unforunately, I am way out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm trying to build up enough sealed stomachs to carry a large amount of water so I can travel from here.

I need to get the tools to get working on a damn vehicle of some sort.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 22, 2015, 04:37:18 pm »

thanks for the tips, i added survival mod to give me some early crafting options.  A lot i guess depends on the RNG at start, first up i got killed early second survived to day 2, might create a custom character to give m a better survival chance.

I guess staying in one place isnt a good idea, cant get wood form trees etc so cant build the starting bunker, guess i could disassemble some of the storage cupboards etc.  What this game needs i the ability to build a series of interconnected bases that one could run back and forward slowly expanding ones footprint ( then i leans towards a survival 4x of sorts)

Still development is ongoing just need to find some axes-saws around a starting area so i can build

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 22, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »

Earlier I asked about fungaloids and was to just avoid them. So I did. Now, however, they are surrounding my shelter. Any way to eliminate them efficiently? Every time I kill one, three to four seem to pop out. I have a revolver, broadsword and lighter when it comes to weapons.

EDIT: There appear to be, at least, slightly over 100 300 fungaloids. I'm torn between fighting with the sword and antifungals or just burning down the forest while holing up in the tiny surface part of the shelter.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:14:22 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 22, 2015, 06:14:12 pm »

Earlier I asked about fungaloids and was to just avoid them. So I did. Now, however, they are surrounding my shelter. Any way to eliminate them efficiently? Every time I kill one, three to four seem to pop out. I have a revolver, broadsword and lighter when it comes to weapons.

EDIT: There appear to be, at least, slightly over 100 fungaloids. I'm torn between fighting with the sword and antifungals or just burning down the forest while holing up in the tiny surface part of the shelter.

Fire. Fire is your friend. Napalm the forest!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 22, 2015, 06:26:35 pm »

Apparently fire can burn solid rock, filling my hidey hole with thick smoke. It seems I have a problem.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:04 pm »

Apparently fire can burn solid rock, filling my hidey hole with thick smoke. It seems I have a problem.

I once burned down the inside of a military bunker
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 22, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »

I once burned down the inside of a military bunker
It started raining. It put out all fires... except the rock fires. I guess I will just gen a new world after committing suicide with this character. The loss of my bunker is too much for me to bear.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 22, 2015, 07:17:30 pm »

How hard would it be for someone to add in a new buildable construction? Like a simple grave marker or something you could inscribe? Coming across all sorts of bodies from other players on the multiplayer server. I think it would be neat to put up a little grave marker for them. Just something simple, like two sticks or such.

I've just been leaving engraved sticks where there bodies lay.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 22, 2015, 07:29:23 pm »

How hard would it be for someone to add in a new buildable construction? Like a simple grave marker or something you could inscribe? Coming across all sorts of bodies from other players on the multiplayer server. I think it would be neat to put up a little grave marker for them. Just something simple, like two sticks or such.

You could build a sign. Three sticks (well, two by fours), six nails.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 22, 2015, 07:36:14 pm »

You could build a sign. Three sticks (well, two by fours), six nails.

Oh neat, sorry, I must of missed that in the construction menu. That'll work out nicely.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »

Haven't played this in a while, never was really good at it. Tips for a beginner?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:31 pm »

Tips for a beginner?

Two. Words.

KNIFE SPEAR

Although Karate/Krav Maga work pretty well too, KNIFE SPEAR is the best starting weapon. I've heard some kind of new-fangled "Spear with forks in" is also apparently pretty good, so you may want to investigate that as well.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 22, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »

I know everyone here proclaims KNIFE SPEAR from the bottom of their dark hearts, but my successful runs always seem to use crowbar or STEEL CHAIN.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 451