Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 800022 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2520 on: November 03, 2015, 04:43:54 pm »

How do I scroll down when I view an item in my inventory.  Say a gun with several mods that scroll off the screen or a huge book full of crafting recipes.
Quoting since I want to know the answer to this too.

-------

I just discovered that grass is able to catch fire on it's own without any items in the tile.  A cooking fire outside of my house very rapidly started spreading to adjacent tiles while making scrambled eggs.  Seems I tossed a bit too much garbage and it got up to a light red fire level and started spreading.

Fortunately despite not having a fire extinguisher I remembered some cool behavior from probably a year ago and started throwing water on the spreading fire.   And....it actually worked.  I guess the cata devs thought of everything.  The water either weakened the fires or put them out entirely.

Good job devs :)
IIRC, < > [ ]  and PgUp PgDn are used for scrolling in different screens.
It's not/wasn't really consistent, but one of those sets of keys was responsive in almost all cases. (Viewing an item on 'e' pickup was an exception I think.)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 03, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »

Theres a reason why one uses brazier and/or build a fire ring... Or pulling up grass...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 03, 2015, 04:58:49 pm »

Well now since I lack a firepit or any other way to contain an outdoor fire it's just surrounded by water.   Does the trick for now :P

(Also seems the fire spreads to raw dirt as well.  I cut all the grass around it and it still spread.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:02:53 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: November 03, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »

Odd. I suggest using smaller fires with less fuel, they spread far less.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 03, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »

On the road you can get away with lighting bushes and small trees.

At home, You should dig pits, and keep any loose flammable things away.

The game spawns a firepit by putting rocks around a bush.  I wonder if that would work?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 03, 2015, 06:32:52 pm »

The game spawns a firepit by putting rocks around a bush.  I wonder if that would work?
That's just old-school decorative code from back before actual firepits (which I believe exist now, maybe? can't seem to remember) were coded in. It doesn't actually do anything.

Odd. I suggest using smaller fires with less fuel, they spread far less.
This is almost certainly the problem; the idea in the code is basically that if a fire is burning large enough (ala bonfire) then it will "spill over" into nearby tiles, regardless of what the tiles are. This is also why if two houses are close together, but still have a gap between them of asphalt or whatever, the second house can still go up in flames just from it's proximity to the first house.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 03, 2015, 10:52:36 pm »

But big fires are awesome!  And actually last long enough for me to cook more than 1 or two things without having to go back to get more fuel...

Moot point anyway now.  I made a stone shovel and dug an actual firepit, as well as found a survivor mess kit and some lamp oil.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 04, 2015, 12:58:03 pm »

So, About those spawns.  It seems the game moved the wanderers to my vehicle, and they spawnd while I was out looting for a specific set of books?

Because I got back and there was incredibly minor damage done to it for having been surrounded.  And That crowd wasn't there when I left, there's only a fire department nearby.

Im trying to set up a set of rules for spawning, because.  I had to juke and juve them from the car so I could get in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2528 on: November 04, 2015, 03:02:33 pm »

All this talk of fires reminds how terrible they used to be, setting a fire in a house and having the walls neatly burn down while the roof and floor just sit there in a void.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 04, 2015, 05:47:22 pm »

So, About those spawns.  It seems the game moved the wanderers to my vehicle, and they spawnd while I was out looting for a specific set of books?

As far as I know, wandering spawns gravitate towards sounds(a single gunshot or a car engine can bring them from quite a distance in my experience), but the zombies will spawn only within a certain distance. My guess is somewhere between 3-5 maptiles of your character.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 04, 2015, 08:12:39 pm »

Fall ended with a some chick with a shotgun trying to murder me as I chopped 2x4s for my chosen house with her shotgun.  By the time I pulled my .45 I had like 70 pain.  I lit a molativ and that gave me the needed time to grab a nearby rifle and finish her as she ran off in flames.  Dick move.

I seem to have a . . . problem.  I found an artifact

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pedit:

Also, Ive begun experimenting with using power, which I typically haven't done outside my vehicles light source and the occassional burner.  What can/should I be trying to do with my shopping carts mounted with solar panels?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:14:26 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 04, 2015, 09:10:54 pm »

Pedit:

Also, Ive begun experimenting with using power, which I typically haven't done outside my vehicles light source and the occassional burner.  What can/should I be trying to do with my shopping carts mounted with solar panels?

A recharging station can allow you stash electronics with rechargable battery mods for recharging. You can a lot of other tools, such as a vehicle welding rig or forge as well.

As for that artifact... I dunno. The wiki, though outdated, may have better information. I try to stay away from those things.

Spoiler: By the way (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 05, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »

Spoiler: ^^ (click to show/hide)
Also most survivor notes seem half-insane, so I would only put so much faith in them.

I completed my 2nd season, and am halfway through winter.  I have made this house my home.
Spoiler: Season 02, Autumn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 01 Bandits (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 05 Manhacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 06 A prisoner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  013 Spider-Loot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  014 Vengeful Assult (click to show/hide)

Also, an NPC has gotten stuck on a garbage can, trying to path into a shed I made.  She just sits there, wielding her knife as I run to and fro emptying out Rivtech rifles and their requisite ammo.

I killed Tankbot.  How do I dissaemble him if he's so big I can't pick him up?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:00:25 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 05, 2015, 04:15:42 pm »

If you have the needed tools you should be some l able to {B}utcher it. It takes quite some time though.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:07:24 pm by Rince Wind »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 05, 2015, 04:54:34 pm »

I have a toolbox, a acetlyene torch, a welder, and welding goggles.  I must be missing something.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 451