Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803029 times)

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2535 on: November 05, 2015, 06:27:18 pm »

I have a toolbox, a acetlyene torch, a welder, and welding goggles.  I must be missing something.

Maybe a soldering iron?
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 05, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »

Hacksaw? I would have thought the toolbox takes care of that, but I've seen situations that require the specific tool, not just tool quality.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: November 05, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »

Def dont think I carry the soldering iron on me when I loot.  I keep it in the car door.  Hacksaw is in the toolbox.  But ill bring both when I get back.

Thanks!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 07, 2015, 05:54:13 pm »

Winter is over, and I've spent all of Spring making my armored Command Center.  I intended it as a short-term base, for when I went out for serious business.  Like the labs or far-off things where I could expect to be out for days and need supplies.  But it looks more like an Armored RV than a Base of Operations thus far.  I havent even hooked up the cameras yet and the guns ran out of ammo when I disassembled tankbot.
Spoiler: The Perseverence (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Winter Log (click to show/hide)

And accompanying pics
Spoiler: 05a Raiding for food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 07 Mutations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:04:54 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 08, 2015, 05:45:09 am »

Out of curiosity, does anyone else start acting really quickly when things get all intense? I always start mashing buttons quickly as I move and shoot, as though it actually helps me. And I feel the urge to shoot my revolver as fast as possible.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2540 on: November 08, 2015, 08:17:38 am »

Welcome to Adrenaline
Pop: People under high Stress/Duress
 :P

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:01 am »

Out of curiosity, does anyone else start acting really quickly when things get all intense? I always start mashing buttons quickly as I move and shoot, as though it actually helps me. And I feel the urge to shoot my revolver as fast as possible.

I've done this once without realizing before, when being mobbed by 20 zombies I just mashed the arrow keys until everything was dead.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 08, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »

Quite the opposite, actually. I always freeze up when in great danger, then take very deliberate actions to try and neutralize/avoid the threat. On the other hand, I often find myself mashing things to skip through tedious prompts (like repeated messages of some distant dog/wimpy zombie or crafting interruptions), only to get ganked by some brute/shocker/hulk/shocker brute I didn't notice around the corner.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:55:58 pm by ShinQuickMan »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 08, 2015, 01:02:58 pm »

Im irl triggerhappy, both on a keyboard when firing an underwhlming gun and when shooting a traget.

In brawls Ive learned to 'burst' and then stop to see if I missed something important.  (such as bleeding, ripping, sudden shifts in momentum, etc)
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 08, 2015, 03:13:00 pm »

Just noticed that lava counts as "nearby fire" for cooking. Neat. Guess I'll have to build a base near this lava chasm. Later on. After I can take on the few thousand zombies near it. And it is harder than it sounds to get them trudging through the lava.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 08, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »

Just noticed that lava counts as "nearby fire" for cooking. Neat. Guess I'll have to build a base near this lava chasm. Later on. After I can take on the few thousand zombies near it. And it is harder than it sounds to get them trudging through the lava.

Be aware that it also counts for light...Zed's can see you near lava at night.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 09, 2015, 09:53:59 am »

On the other hand, I often find myself mashing things to skip through tedious prompts (like repeated messages of some distant dog/wimpy zombie or crafting interruptions), only to get ganked by some brute/shocker/hulk/shocker brute I didn't notice around the corner.

Yeah, this happens to me a lot too. Wish there was a way to customise the safe mode a bit more.

An overhaul for safe mode would be nice. Like if you could set it for a certain amount of spaces or only when you are attacked.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 09, 2015, 09:58:35 am »

ptw
Black lives matter.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 09, 2015, 06:57:37 pm »

Does setting monster evolution to 0.00 really turn it off? All I've seen it do is make sure than I get mobbed by feral predators no matter where I go.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 09, 2015, 08:02:24 pm »

Seeing as reducing it speeds up monster evolution, probably not. Could have sworn that reducing the setting slowed it down at one point...
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 451