Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803131 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3330 on: May 12, 2016, 04:50:22 pm »

God dang it. Just managed to build a good looking (and working) boat when the friggin game crashes when trying to hit a zombie. And of course I dont have the stupid save while sleeping option on.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: May 12, 2016, 05:03:34 pm »

After a long time, decomposing zombies become "decomposed blobs", pretty much just a blob with a pile of bones it it. It spits bone shards at you.

There is a blob zombie of some kind, if I recall. Killing it causes it to split into smaller blobs.

EDIT: Built a generator in my underground base from wood frames and salvaged engine parts. Added a 7.5kw generator and a storage battery for electricity generation and storage, and a floodlight to, you know, light the basement up. Now I no longer have to rely on this silly atomic nightlight that somehow neutralizes my night vision, and I can read my mountain of books in the safety of my basement where nothing ever attacks me. The nightlight doesn't provide enough light to properly read like that.

...I did forget that exhaust ventilation is a thing, though. Luckily the smoke buildup isn't too bad, and I always wear a dust mask.

Foodwise, I've got over 100 pieces of granola and over 100 pieces of dehydrated vegetables, plus a similarly large pile of wheat, barley, and oats. I probably could have grown more sugar beets, but oh well. I have an aluminum keg and a funnel on the surface, so water is not a problem. It's the 3rd of autumn. Winter is coming.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:18:24 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: May 12, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »

Ever look at a light at night? It ruins yer night vision.
Highly Opinionated Fool

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: May 12, 2016, 09:31:04 pm »

After a long time, decomposing zombies become "decomposed blobs", pretty much just a blob with a pile of bones it it. It spits bone shards at you.
>no meat

There is a blob zombie of some kind, if I recall. Killing it causes it to split into smaller blobs.

EDIT: Built a generator in my underground base from wood frames and salvaged engine parts. Added a 7.5kw generator and a storage battery for electricity generation and storage, and a floodlight to, you know, light the basement up. Now I no longer have to rely on this silly atomic nightlight that somehow neutralizes my night vision, and I can read my mountain of books in the safety of my basement where nothing ever attacks me. The nightlight doesn't provide enough light to properly read like that.

...I did forget that exhaust ventilation is a thing, though. Luckily the smoke buildup isn't too bad, and I always wear a dust mask.

Foodwise, I've got over 100 pieces of granola and over 100 pieces of dehydrated vegetables, plus a similarly large pile of wheat, barley, and oats. I probably could have grown more sugar beets, but oh well. I have an aluminum keg and a funnel on the surface, so water is not a problem. It's the 3rd of autumn. Winter is coming.
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: May 12, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »

i dont suppose anyone would  be interested in designing triffid grove topside?

ive dumped an example and blank mapgen sheet here.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: May 13, 2016, 05:36:26 am »

Looks like a place I'd like to rob visit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: May 13, 2016, 05:42:42 am »

Isn't that the...basement-themed map where you find a seemingly dead soldier person and a machine gun along with a lot of boxes and crates?

Really wish the Wiki was updated with info like these. It makes for nice detail and background information.

Also I remember I asked Willfor about this but...due to my silly persistence in really wanting to edit stuff, isn't there a way to edit bionics? :X I just want to make a personal mod that doesn't let it sound like 'BODY IMPLANTS' and more like 'technological advanced weapon systems' and such. And/or just edit the descriptive details.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: May 13, 2016, 09:01:17 am »

Yes, indeed, that is one of those.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: May 13, 2016, 09:22:28 am »

Also I remember I asked Willfor about this but...due to my silly persistence in really wanting to edit stuff, isn't there a way to edit bionics? :X I just want to make a personal mod that doesn't let it sound like 'BODY IMPLANTS' and more like 'technological advanced weapon systems' and such. And/or just edit the descriptive details.
There is a bionics.json file within the data folder where you can edit simple things such as description and power cost. Editing effects will require modding source files.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: May 13, 2016, 04:14:49 pm »

Hello, guys. I've finally stopped dying, driving around in my Cube Van, with a Military Cargo truck if I need. Any advice on how to obtain 25 plutonium cells for the Free Merchants? I also have to somehow assassinate a guy with a double-barreled shotgun and another guy with throwing knives next to him for the Old Guard.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »

Hello, guys. I've finally stopped dying, driving around in my Cube Van, with a Military Cargo truck if I need. Any advice on how to obtain 25 plutonium cells for the Free Merchants? I also have to somehow assassinate a guy with a double-barreled shotgun and another guy with throwing knives next to him for the Old Guard.

Plutonium is military grade stuff, and uncommon at that.

You can find small amounts in atomic stuff, like night lights and lamps and minireactors in rare cars.
  You can find them in rat-infested caves, and you can find them in military ammo storehouses.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: May 13, 2016, 05:38:30 pm »

Cool. Even though the Free Merchants have nothing but money to give me at this point, I still want to follow the quest trail.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: May 13, 2016, 06:12:28 pm »

Hmm, I have two refugee centers I have the location of. One close by, and one far away. The latter was one the shelter computer led a previous character in the same world to, and I don't recall checking the console in the evac shelter for this character. Will either one have the associated NPCs?

Then again, the farm outpost was close to the previous character's start point... and so was a slime pit.

EDIT: I just got a message after waking up "Getting out of bed doesn't seem too hard today. You could get used to this!"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:18:24 pm by Akura »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: May 13, 2016, 06:33:42 pm »

Good living does have its advantages.

In my experience, the game will probably show you a new farm outpost for that quest, but I dont know about a second refugee center. Dident even know that was possible.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 451