Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803013 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4065 on: November 05, 2016, 07:01:36 am »

Just play the experimental version. We all do.

MauritianStruggle

• Escaped Lunatic
  • An old guard returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: November 05, 2016, 07:12:35 am »

Just play the experimental version. We all do.

Well, I figured that. It's just it seems odd nothing has come out properly in over a year.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: November 05, 2016, 07:21:12 am »

And 2 days later everyone who knows the game more than casually is back at playing the next experimental for the new features and bugfixes.
I think they should just rename the different versions, as has been proposed before, to make it more obvious that the experimental is not a bugridden, prone to crash version of the game.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: November 05, 2016, 09:00:33 am »

'Daily release' is the same thing as experimental, but sounds more sanitary.

You know.  PTSD sounds more sanitary than battle fatigue.  Battle fatigue sounds better than shell shock.  Etc
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: November 05, 2016, 10:12:46 am »

I was going to say that lately I've been playing the experimental builds and that they didn't seem any more bugged or crashy and the "official release" versions.

But then I started up the experimental version I downloaded earlier today and dropping in windows made items disappear into nonexistance.
Love, scriver~

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 05, 2016, 10:19:05 am »

I was going to say that lately I've been playing the experimental builds and that they didn't seem any more bugged or crashy and the "official release" versions.

But then I started up the experimental version I downloaded earlier today and dropping in windows made items disappear into nonexistance.

Bring it up in the forum and it's likely to be fixed before the day is over.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 05, 2016, 10:57:57 am »

Nah, I don't feel like registering and I haven't deleted the older version, so I just use that.
Love, scriver~

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: November 05, 2016, 12:45:33 pm »

Is anyone else completely unable to interact with vehicles? The only thing it will let me do is rename and label them. It won't even let me try to do things and then tell me why I can't. The options are just all dim and do nothing. Which really sucks because I need materials and I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere.

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 05, 2016, 12:50:00 pm »

Hey Pisskop, glad to see someone adding new locations! 
For Necropolis/IWton I tried using generic roads to path through it but I didn't like all of the specials that spawned in the streets, hated how roads didn't connect to custom parking lots, and wasn't sure if sewers would try to overlap the stuff at z-1.  I also hate the "randomly generated" houses that still pop up so it was easier to just fill everything with hard coded buildings.  I can't remember how the code works but you may have to do something special to prevent generic zombies from spawning and attacking your special monsters.

I heard that mugling or coolthulhu was actively working to finally get .D out so I've been poking around the forums for the past few days.  Last time I was around I heard I shouldn't be working on the NPC quest stuff because it was all getting stripped and redone... also that multi-z buildings were in the near future so I was holding off till that became a thing.  It seems the "image" of the final game has changed a good deal, things like the nutrition system and magazines were in the "never happening" category last time.  Actual trading at the refugee center/commune got completely hamstrung when faction currency got shot down in favor of item-for-item bartering and all items in shop inventory needing to be held by NPCs (who should also now manage all of the needs the player does).  I'll have to see what they think.

Was thinking about adding a new building and stuff in December to attract a bit more attention/potential new contributors to the release.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: November 15, 2016, 12:56:06 am »

Checked out the latest experimental as of a bit over a week ago. I figured that they would have moved a lot of the innate weapon techniques into a relevant martial art by now instead of still having rapiers just let you parry and precision strike things right off the bat.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 15, 2016, 05:41:04 am »

why?

i have never taken a martial art at chargen.

and since when is place a weapon between an attacker and you a specific MA?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 15, 2016, 06:15:37 am »

Congrats on the long and positive article on RPS.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: November 15, 2016, 09:56:30 am »

Congrats on the long and positive article on RPS.

"The experimental build is recommended"

Yes. Damn right it is.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: November 15, 2016, 05:59:13 pm »

why?

i have never taken a martial art at chargen.

and since when is place a weapon between an attacker and you a specific MA?
In that case, nearly every object large enough to provide coverage when held should have the ability to block. It's really not that difficult to get a decent weapon and escape from town on the first day anyways unless you up the spawn to at least 10 and turn on fast zombies, which is kind of the point here.

Edit: It's not really about the basic block anyways, which as you said, just about anyone should be able to do as a basic reflex. It's parrying and precision strikes that are a bit more advanced and might need a specific martial art or minimum skill level to perform.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:32:27 pm by duckman »

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: November 15, 2016, 06:32:50 pm »

Incredibly basic question due to incredible non-intuitiveness on the game's part: how do I navigate the Settings categories (General, Inteface, Graphics, etc.) on the main menu?

Bafflingly enough, Left and Right don't change category, but rather individual options.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 451