Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803182 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4095 on: November 17, 2016, 08:50:13 am »

Do make note that pisskop is developing their own mod, with it's own balancing...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: November 17, 2016, 09:59:22 am »

yea mab sorry.  its changed recently from0.C

the expies are harder
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: November 17, 2016, 11:42:26 am »

It's been a long long time since i haven't played, so decided to give a try to the latest experimental to see the changes. Set up a random character, then changed the start scenario to the mall one that i had fun with last time i played, got some bonus point apparently out of it.

But i'm puzzled at the character creation, if i leave 4 points unused, i can start playing, but if i spend all the points so i have 0 left unused, the games tell that i have too many traits point used ?

Spoiler: for the pics (click to show/hide)

I don't remember that happening long time ago when i played, so is there some new game mechanic there that i don't know about, or is that simply a bug ?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: November 17, 2016, 12:23:42 pm »

You're used to using one pool, but in that you're using the separate pools option that stops you from using extra points from one category on another.

Go back to the points tab and choose one pool, or take some points out of the categories you went over on. Basically, make the red numbers not red anymore.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: November 17, 2016, 01:38:13 pm »

Also, you have some leftover skill points you can use.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: November 17, 2016, 02:06:12 pm »

But if i remove points until the number not red, i will have then 4 points available that will then not be distributed and will be discarded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That seems rather odd to me.

EDIT : ah i see now what you meant with multiple pool, didn't checked the "Points" category with the different pools options
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:19:47 pm by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:12 pm »

Its how multipool works.

you can spend skill points or trait points.  Stat points are more valuable.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: November 17, 2016, 02:21:00 pm »

Thanks, i set the pool option to "single" and there's no more problem as i can use all points regardless of them being stats/traits/etc..., as it used to be before.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: November 17, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »

They finally got a debuff for making people visible using flashlights!  No more flashlight flicking around hordes.
PKs DF Mod!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: November 18, 2016, 06:30:29 pm »

Damn. So I started a Priest character, got lucky enough to find intact basic power armor in a military surplus shop, and shortly afterwards I run into a mi-go (sort of mirelurk-like crabman). I engage it with my hatchet, and it persistently hits me in the head, completely ignoring the power armor. It killed me before long. Is this just a quirk of this creature species or do enemies simply ignore too-armoured body parts?

Well, I just read some and apparently the mi-go is just great at melee. Tough luck. Will have to be more careful next time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: November 18, 2016, 06:50:43 pm »

The Mi-Go's claws are surgically sharp with the strength, speed, and precision allowing it to essentially perform surgery on you mid combat.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: November 18, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »

Was the power armor actually powered*? If not, it causes significant encumbrance if I recall. This would reduce your melee abilities to crap.

*I don't remember the exact requirements. Either an active UPS, or a Power Armor Interface bionic(along with bionic power), I think.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: November 18, 2016, 08:07:04 pm »

Hmmm, hit a bug in the refugee center. I accepted a quest from the old guard rep to kill some bandits. It popped up with an error saying it couldn't load something about the quest. I hit spacebar to continue and a bandit pops up right in the same room with me. Cue me getting headshotted with a crossbow bolt. I somehow managed to win that fight with just a single bar left of head, torso, and both arms. Ouch.

Easy to find bandit, I guess, and I got the reward from the quest but....that sucked. Almost lost a very promising character there.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: November 18, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

Was the power armor actually powered*? If not, it causes significant encumbrance if I recall. This would reduce your melee abilities to crap.

*I don't remember the exact requirements. Either an active UPS, or a Power Armor Interface bionic(along with bionic power), I think.

No, it wasn't powered, so it was essentially like a suit of plate armour. Bulky but still quite protective. Except against a far superior opponent (i.e. that damn mi-go).

Now, just lost my second Priest character. I was doing fairly okay for a few game hours, and had my first driving experience. Ran over a bunch of zombies before running into a diesel pump I was trying to park beside. The explosion wounded me and damaged my SWAT truck to some extent. I then drove off to another gas station since the original one's diesel pumps were both bust. But then this time I parked too far away. Zombies surrounded the truck, and I ran for it but a spitter zed landed a pool of acid right at my feet. Lost speed and got overwhelmed, my guy's chewed body eventually melting in acid.

I know I'm supposed to stay out of towns during daytime, but I need the food and a number of items to get going, and there's not much to do in the wilderness if you're a total n00b.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:41:08 pm by Greenbane »
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 451