Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 802992 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4485 on: February 06, 2017, 09:01:58 am »

How many versions of dope wars are on google play?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: February 06, 2017, 09:12:30 am »

Content Rating
PEGI 18
Drugs, Strong Language, Criminal Technique Instructions
No mention of violence or sexual content, interestingly enough.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:47 am »

Criminal Technique Instruction?  In Cata?  I mean you can make meth, but you learn no more about it than Breaking Bad.  You get lockpicks, but only in the most abstract ways (Oblivion is more accurate) and lockpicking isn't even illegal in itself.  I guess it's just general "This is the most accurate tag."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:42 am »

Content Rating
PEGI 18
Drugs, Strong Language, Criminal Technique Instructions
No mention of violence or sexual content, interestingly enough.
That is quite interesting; it must be a matter of different thresholds for different rating schemes.  ESRB doesn't care about criminal technique instructions, but you bet your bippy it cares about sex, drugs, and rock and roll gratuitous violins violence.
Content Rating
Adults only 18+
Violence, Blood and Gore, Sexual Content, Use of Drugs, Strong Language

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: February 06, 2017, 11:07:32 am »

Criminal Technique Instruction?  In Cata?  I mean you can make meth, but you learn no more about it than Breaking Bad.  You get lockpicks, but only in the most abstract ways (Oblivion is more accurate) and lockpicking isn't even illegal in itself.  I guess it's just general "This is the most accurate tag."
I have a feeling it might be more about the explosives than the drugs. Cata does include shopping lists for stuff like Molotov cocktails and nail bombs, even if it doesn't tell you exactly how to make them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:09:47 am by IcyTea31 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: February 06, 2017, 11:40:18 am »

I have a feeling it might be more about the explosives than the drugs. Cata does include shopping lists for stuff like Molotov cocktails and nail bombs, even if it doesn't tell you exactly how to make them.

The list of games with bombs and actually blowing up other players in multiplayer is long on google play. There's even an app to use in airsoft games so players can disarm a bomb.

Google play obviously advocates bombing human beings.
/snark

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: February 06, 2017, 12:57:42 pm »

Using and defusing bombs is quite different from building them. How many games are there that involve bombmaking but don't have a high age restriction?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: February 06, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »

Not really different. You're setting up a timer and interface in the airsoft apps, which has more to it for the purpose of bomb building than Cata has.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: February 06, 2017, 01:31:29 pm »

which has more to it for the purpose of bomb building than Cata has.
Not really. I'm unsure if it's in one of the expanded weapon mods or vanilla, but, for example, there are definitely recipes that involve hexamine, the in-game description of which says it's not only readily available(for camp stoves and such), but used in military-grade explosives(IRL it's used in RDX). And your character can learn to make pretty destructive bombs using a fairly convincing set of materials. I didn't even know how simple these kinds of things were myself(in retrospect to how hard I thought it was) until I played this game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4494 on: February 06, 2017, 01:38:15 pm »

Hoo boy, I hope PEGI doesn't ever see Children of a Dead Earth.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: February 06, 2017, 02:27:17 pm »

Molotov cocktails are hardly that complex a concept though. :V

As for other things, well. It doesn't really teach you the actual chemical processes for them, but technically that sort of thing is available on wikipedia.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: February 06, 2017, 04:21:11 pm »

Kinda wondering about how DDA got an Ao rating. 
Source? I couldn't find anything on Google, and wasn't aware niche freeware games like this even get official ratings.
It's from the official listing on Google Play's store.  Google determines ratings for its online store using self-submitted questionnaires which automatically generate a rating based on the answers.

EDIT:
Reading up, I'm actually surprised this game even got in.  One of the flat-out verboten content issues is illegal activities, and the explicit list includes "depicting or encouraging the use or sale of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco by minors."  Given that you can play a coked-up preschooler as death on roller blades...
Clearly, the schoolchildren you can play as have simply been held back multiple times until the age of 18. Completely legal and safe. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: February 06, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »

Clearly, the schoolchildren you can play as have simply been held back multiple times until the age of 18. Completely legal and safe. :P

Even when your starting Intelligence stat is 20?
(Assuming 8 is the adult average)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: February 06, 2017, 05:24:17 pm »

Even when your starting Intelligence stat is 20?
(Assuming 8 is the adult average)

Maybe they're just shockingly lazy.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: February 06, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

Given that Cataclysm is supposedly centered in New England, which is in the US, and the school system in the US is designed to best work with the average with only small afterthoughts given to those below or above the curve, your hyperintelligent child may well have just been neglected by the system and is now a dysfunctional manchild stuck in remedial school.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 451