Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217201 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #510 on: April 24, 2015, 07:41:12 am »

OH COD so ive gotten my self into taking massive amounts of actions each turn this'll take forever.
ok
DF carp: HAVDRAGUUL SAGADUUL FADRAGUL ZAGANUUUL FRADEIGOO NADRFOOL FAGDRAGOOL ZAGABOIN VAGLADOO**
50 DF carp cultists: find an orb of stalwart
50 DF carp cultists: find dragon's blood please refrain from drinking it unless you are a bearded alchoholic (if you are why would you be part of my cult)
cult of the plane of infinite carp jester cultists: do more shows get moar cultists.
cult of the plane of infinite carp: eat sandwiches made from the infidels flesh.(mostly tunas tey're jealous of carp)
cult of the holy glub: DESTROY THE INFIDELS WITH FIRE.
cult of the final carp:HAFRAGOR JACUNU LATHFOLAS CAREBEINF THEDYU OUS*.

*roughly translated as" SUMMON THE ELDRITCH LORD CTHULU.
** roughly translated as "sacrifice all the accessible humans to gain the power to dimension hop"if that's not possible then"sacrifice all the accessible humans to gain the power to absorb other horrors and gain their power"
((does human blood work for the summoning circle.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:20:58 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 24, 2015, 07:42:18 am »

OH COD so ive gotten my self into taking massive amounts of actions each turn this'll take forever.
ok
DF carp: get out of this body leave the old carp alive he will make a nice pet.
50 DF carp cultists: find an orb of stalwart
50 DF carp cultists: find dragon's blood please refrain from drinking it unless you are a bearded alchoholic (if you are why would you be part of my cult)
cult of the plane of infinite carp jester cultists: do more shows get moar cultists.
cult of the plane of infinite carp: turn me back before summoning me

sorry have to go i'll do the rest later
sorry about double posting again i'm not sure why my computer is doing this.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:35:39 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 24, 2015, 08:04:13 am »

((Was that double post intentional? If it was, I'm going to focus on attacking you after I'm summoned.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 24, 2015, 09:17:43 am »

"WE KEEP KONG AS BROTHER!!! KONG AND TROG BOTH SMASH ANTHAJU'S UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE IN!!! BUT FIRST WE SHOW OFF!!!"

TROG: HELP KONG SMASH INQUISITORS!!!
Gort: Raid the Nearest Retirement home and turn everybody there into Mummies!
Mummies: Age The Elderly to make more Mummies!
KONG: SMASH INQUISITORS!!!
50 Old Anarchist Cultists: Post Videos of TROG AND KONG SMASHING The Inquisitors on YouTube to Boost Public Opinion of Them!
25 Anarchist Cultists: Use the Smashing Videos to get Cultists to Follow TROG AND KONG!
New Cultists: Get some Military Grade Weapons!

((OK, I Win, Gimme a Trophy.))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2015, 10:10:16 am »

"WE KEEP KONG AS BROTHER!!! KONG AND TROG BOTH SMASH ANTHAJU'S UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE IN!!! BUT FIRST WE SHOW OFF!!!"
KONG AND TROG BOTH SMASH ANTHAJU'S UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE IN!!!
UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 24, 2015, 10:45:09 am »

Gwaaaaaah-
Right
Is it possible to persuade inquisitors to back down?
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 24, 2015, 11:01:06 am »

Gwaaaaaah-
Right
Is it possible to persuade inquisitors to back down?

They're not active right now, but you might want to get yourself summoned before they Orb-block you

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 24, 2015, 11:16:16 am »

All cultists summon me.
Use happiness powers to make them happier.

"Koshu, what would you do if you conquered this planet?"
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 24, 2015, 12:26:32 pm »

I think he wants to go to other planets
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 24, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

ORB: [3] They find an orb, but don't manage to get it into the base. Given their vast numbers, it's amazing that absolutely all of them failed to bring the keys to the base. (found Orb of Stalwart 4)
To clairify: the orb is at our base, just not indoors yet, correct? That is, it is within the fortified outer walls?

MOAR CULTISTS! ALL THE CULTISTS!: [1] Oh dear, those guys don't look friendly at all... (+205 inquisitors) ((Perhaps you should do something about that before someone activates them))
((Question, can I use Telepathy to mind-edit my inquisitors into being loyal to me? (Assuming adequate rolls that is.) That was originally supposed be a explicit effect/side-effect, but you had already quoted the character sheet by the time I realized it was basically completely unclear from the description, and I would rather not waste a turn trying to do something Koshu has (retroactively? -ish?) never been able to do.))
To the first: It is near your base, but outside and exposed. Anyone can use it, and it can be destroyed if some inquisitors (or cultists on a mission) get their grubby hands on it.

To the recruiting: you can indeed recruit from your inquisitors, but it is MUCH less effective than recruiting people neutral to you, since they already hate you. You'll get half hiring rates at best and your cultists can't help. Such is the danger of sending hundreds of cultists to recruit. Not to mention that if you fuck it up your cultists might join the inquisition instead of the other way around.

Ahem.
Me: Attack the carp cult with lightning bolts!
100 cultists: Get that orb at my fortress door inside! (( I assume the orb is at the door, after all if it wasn't there then they wouldn't be trying to open the door.)) In the event the orb is not at the door, get the orb into my fortress.
80 cultists: Gather dragon's blood. Under no circumstances should you drink it.
50 cultists: Research banishment rituals that can be used to banish summoned horrors back to where they came from.
5 wealthy cultists: Fund the research of banishment rituals, you don't have to do the research yourself.
5 other wealthy cultists: Recruit some politicians to join my cult.
Journalist hires: Assault the carp thing some more on ihatecarp.com!
2 veterans: Make sure my cultists gathering dragon's blood don't drink it.

"Soon I shall be summoned!"
((Oh god, the actions! So many actions!))
Assault on carp-an: [1] Damn, these lightning bolts are really hard to aim (-100 cultists)
Moving: [2] *Slip* What the? Who covered this thing in grease?
Gather the awesome koolaid mix dragon blood: [3] They collect a bit, but not enough... (dragon blood partially gathered)
"Go home" ritual: [1] They find the perfect ritual for banishing horrors back to the abyss! ("banishing" ritual found)
Lobbying: [5] They convince (well, pay off) a bunch of politicians to help you (gain 5 cultists in high places).
Badmouthing: [4] They make carp seem like a huge jerkoff (carp is now detested by humanity)

300 Cultists with help from TROG's inquisitors and other TROG haters: Buy tons of potassium nitrate, sulfur and charcoal (or acquire them in other ways...) then mix them up into gunpowder with metal scrap for shrapnel far away from anything important and far from any explosives already made then transport(practically everybody has a car these days.) the bags to orb of stalwart 1 (Or whichever I have access to.) and pile the gunpowder close.

50 Cultists with instruction from me: Follow the others with some landmines and dragons blood(If the idiots drank it all get some more from the egipt dude and tell him to get far away)bury the landmines (If you don't have landmines set up remote detonators or a fuse cord to detonate when he appears.) in the middle of the summoning circle and summon Trogdor The Primal (unless the others haven't brought the other explosives) then RUN(Or walk away casually wearing sunglasses as a mushroom cloud rises up and bits of TROG fall down...                                      photo OP!).

50 Cultists: Stand guard with guns for if TROG somehow survives.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Gunpowder R us: [4] They work like clockwork and deliver explosives to the inquisitors and cover the Orb of Stalwart in explosives (Trog's inquisitors have explosives, Orb of Stalwart 1 rigged to blow up)
Summoning: [4] They can't summon Trog because they don't know his language and he's already been summoned, but they summon you and carry you away as they blow up the Orb, screwing over everyone else who needed it. (summoned, Orb of Stalwart 1 destroyed)
Guard: [4] They stand guard over your base because if Trog's going to hit anywhere it'll probably be there.

Improve PR.
Cultists: Search for the artifacts.
PR: [6] You summon booze and snacks for crowds of people. They get rowdy and you are blamed for the damage. (moderately bad PR)
Search: [6] One of your cultists finds a funny mask. It sticks to his face and won't come off. He lets loose a laugh, fell and terrible. (-1 cultist, gained Crux the Mad) ((vagueness is my best weapon in this game, in case you can't tell))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Armed Inquisitors: kill the cultists
[6] TO THE SLAUGHTER! They charge into battle with righteous fervor and butcher your cultists to the last, but they are not without losses. It was pretty brutal, let's just leave it at that. You gain a little PR due to pity after reports of the tragedy spread. (-65 cultists, -50 recognizable cultists, -60 lightly armed inquisitors, PR now mixed) ((And that's why you don't let inquisitors get this much of an advantage, sorry))
Inquisitors in high places: recruit
[2] They have a busy schedule and can't fit more pep rallies into it, maybe later
Other inquisitors: train for battle
[5] They train with their best and manage to get some pretty impressive (80 inquisitors now well trained)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:11 pm »

25 Cultists: Turn on and manage the smeltery.
Me and 175 Cultists: Go on an arrival tour to recruit, maybe if theres any musicians they can pick up some instruments from the forge to make a marching band.
25 Cultists: Get my inquisitors arrested before they can make trouble.
100 Cultists: Steal last orb of stalwart and transport it back to the bunker(Invite kosu's cultists so they can perform the summoning.).
50 Cultists(kitten party): Try to get into high places.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:32:14 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 24, 2015, 02:33:06 pm »

KONG AND TROG BOTH SMASH ANTHAJU'S UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE IN!!!
UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE

((Pardon me Sl4cker, Just getting into Character. Also, Is the picture a reference? If so I'd appreciate a Link of some kind. Evonix, Good idea with the Explosives, Although I doubt anything short of a Nuclear Arsenal is going to save those Inquisitors at this point. In other news: I sense that Kong's going to be quite some trouble in a few turns...))

"HA! WANNABE PHARAOH TUTANKHAMUN'S REIGN WILL BE JUST AS SHORT! HECK, MY CLUB WOULD PROBABLY IMPROVE IT! HAHA, ME FUNNY!!! SILLY CUBE THINKS FLUTES AND TUBAS WILL SAVE HIM FROM TROG?!? RAGH!!!"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 24, 2015, 02:42:01 pm »

Whoops, missed one
Anthaju(uninjured): summoned, 175 cultists, 75 armed trained cultists, 75 assassin cultists (in jail), has a pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, has dragon blood, allies with Rabe via diplomatic power, has weighed Unescargot, can get poison easily, 5 slow strong mummy inquisitors
Well, it seems some of us here are getting ready to be summoned. Except I WON'T LET YOU.
125 cultists: Activate Koshu's inquisitors by making it look like a giant meteor falling to earth!
50 cultists: Activate Smiley or whatever her name is' inquisitors!
Murder party IV: Raid Koshu's base! Destroy their orb and steal their dragon blood! Kill anyone who gets in the way.
Assassins minus 25: Poison Trog's guys!
25 Assassins: Disguise yourselves and sell some of the poison in the black market!
Me: Weigh the soul of the Trog!

Getting aggressive I see...
Activate inquisitors: [5] You get your cultists to send out letters to Smiley and Koshu's inquisitors telling them to get moving, along with telling them where their cults are situated. The letters get delivered and the party is beginning. (Rosabel and Koshu's inquisitors activate)
THE PARTY IS NOW: [6] They bash themselves against the door to the fortified walls repeatedly, while having heavy things dropped on them. Many of them die before they realize they can just smash the orb that's sitting outside and be done with it. Somewhere in the distance they hear the lamentation of two horrors screaming in fury (Orb of Stalwart 4 destroyed, -50 cultists)
POISON: [2] Trog's guys aren't allergic to peanuts, so your peanut oil-based poison didn't work. In the future, subtlety takes a backseat to effectiveness.
Selling out: [6] They sell a bunch of poison to the other horror's cults. Now everyone can get poison easily. You do make some money though. (poison now available for all, gained money)
Weigh: [5] Oh... oh my... you think it would be better not to say what you saw in that soul to polite company... This calls for SPECIAL treatment... (TROG now afflicted by 10 plagues of egypt)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 24, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

"OWIE! STUPID LOCUSTS! ME HIT BACK!!!"

TROG: Use Earth-Shaping Abilities to Destroy The Nile River and Flood Egypt.
Gort: Raid the Nearest Retirement home and turn everybody there into Mummies and use The Ancient Weapons ability on the Military Grade Weapons!
Mummies: AGE Anthaju's Cult!
KONG: SMASH ANTHAJU!!!
25 Old Anarchist Cultists: Post Videos of TROG AND KONG SMASHING and Flooding Egypt on YouTube to Boost Public Opinion of Them!
25 Anarchist Cultists and 25 Old Anarchist Cultists: Use the Flood Videos to show TROG'S POWER and Gather Followers!
New Cultists: Get some Military Grade Weapons!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 24, 2015, 02:55:50 pm »

((..... oh come on.))

Me: Recruit more generics.
30 cultists: Recruit more generics.
80 cultists: Get the blasted Orb of Stalwart at our fortress door inside dangit!
5 wealthy cultists: Hire some herbalists, botanists, explorers, and guides (all as one group) to gather dragon's blood and bring it back to our fortress.
5 other wealthy cultists: Secretly fund Koshu's inquisitors, buy them weapons, armor, vehicles, whatnot.
5 politician cultists: Recruit more politicians to join our cult! ((I have a master plan involving politicians and wealthy people.))
Journalist hires: Write negative articles about Koshu's cult!
2 veterans... Talk to some of your veteran buddies and convince them to join our cult.
Anybody I may have missed: Post comments on ihatecarp.com about the carp plague and whatnot.

((I don't trust that banishing ritual... lets test it out on Koshu or carp one of these days.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 121