Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217266 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #645 on: April 28, 2015, 04:55:01 pm »

((Guess I need a new base... ha, sent Rabe a gift: 200 inquistors!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »

Koshu:
-Cultists: hallucinating like crazy from pink dust, 352 cultists, 200 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with excellent defences, has a few spaceship components,
-Inquisitors: 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: mixed PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual
Sigh.

Turn 11 actions:
hallucinating cultists: attempt to develop immunity to Puff-Puff's dust
Koshu and any other cultists: recruit

Edit: see here:
Turn 11 actions:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:55:14 pm by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 28, 2015, 05:44:06 pm »

Recruit more people.
60 cultists: Find a base.
60 cultists: Find dragon blood.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 28, 2015, 05:50:54 pm »

hallucinating cultists: attempt to develop immunity to Puff-Puff's dust
Washing it off might be faster, just saying...

argh, I just realized I accidentally afflicted Anthaju with the effects... I'll just fix that now...

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2015, 05:54:09 pm »

Yeah, actually, we shall try that.

Turn 11 actions:
hallucinating cultists: wash off dust. If that does not take too long, assist with recruiting.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »

Edot: forgot the "violently explode on death" part
i actually just kind of assumed he would considering when he dies the majycks holding him together will probably disappear
turn 10 actions: welp time to go totally batshit insane
ME: HEHEHE BANANANSA HEHEHEHEHHEEEEE I LIKE BANNNANANANANANNSA   (for this roll to go so insane i lose concept of three dimensions considering i have massive eldritch horror pwoers maybe i'l gain the ability to go into other dimension's)
ANY SURVIVING HUMANS I CAN CONTROL: write "to DF carp with love" with the dragon's blood summoning sludge in a ring sacrifice yourself
any thing else i have a control over: DO A JIG HEHEHE BANANANANANANS A BANANANnANANANNAanannNAnaNaNaNnNAnNAnnSNsNDSSSSSssSS JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiJJijijijijijijijiiiiiiiiiGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

Not sure what that all means, but I assume it's something like this:
Going bananas: [5] You successfully go completely batshit crazy. You don't have eldritch powers anymore, but everyone with beards and alcohol feels very uncomfortable for a minute. (completely insane)
Sacrifice: [1] They get scared and run off. Cowards! Who needs them anyway? (-40 cultists)
Dance!: [6] GOEAR tries to dance with its bloblike form, but smashes into a wall and hurts itself (GOEAR is mortally wounded)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 28, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

50 Cultists: Use the guns to finish off gort.
Lightly armed cultists: Guard and get better gear.
100 Cultists: Repair the smeltery and make some more guns.
50 Cultists: Repair anthaju's (The pyramid person if I spelled it wrong) base.
1 Cultist: Gently blow in Puff-puff's general direction (-1 FTW).
40 Recognisable cultists and 50 others: Fix PR and say it's all thunder and lightning guy's fault.
100 Cultists and me: Study orb's properties to find a cheap way to travel through the same dimension and/or a way to make more.
9 Cultists: Do sudoku.
Rest of them and the 10 cultists in high places: Use connections to get nuke then build somthing to launch it at the cloud guy(AND FIRE IT).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:57:44 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 28, 2015, 09:31:11 pm »

Yeah, actually, we shall try that.

Turn 11 actions:
hallucinating cultists: wash off dust. If that does not take too long, assist with recruiting.
Scrub a dub dub: [1] He he, the water looks all sparkly. But what if there are sharks in it? Or mayb- OH GOD ELEPHANTS WITH OCTOPUS HEADS! FLAIL LIKE YOU LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! Oh dear, some people got hurt in the panic... (-150 cultists) ((Panic + heavy weapons = fun))
recruit: [2] Nobody seems to be willing to join you. Must have been all the screaming.

Edit: I really dropped the ball on the inquisitors didn't I?
Inquisitors: Examine this dust, it seems useful
[2] Whoops, turns out it dissolves on contact with iron, should've used a different bowl to collect it...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 29, 2015, 07:34:52 am »

transfer command of anything I have any influence over to rabe on the condition the top priority of use with those resources is to turn me back try to revive frog for a few seconds long enough to get me back to my original
 form
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 29, 2015, 07:44:04 am »

((who is "frog"? And that one... hallucination... doom... boom. Also, my base was destroyed twice, somehow... unless that second time was someone else's.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 29, 2015, 09:57:59 am »

((I'm afraid the trick only works on the same turn he was killed in, his body's gone cold. I'm sure frog's pleased to hear you wanted to save him though...))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 29, 2015, 10:53:23 am »

Research: [5] They find a ritual that enables you to merge two entities into one. It can be done with living or dead creatures, and the result will be living... Of course, if the two entities don't get along, there will be some... inner conflict... Apparently they will just explode if they get into too bad an argument... The ritual requires dragon blood, two entities, and of course, an important symbol to draw in the middle with a paint made from metal powders which is vital to make it work properly... good thing you looked this up before trying to perform it otherwise you might have made some horrible world-ending monstrosity on accident... (ritual of fusion learned)
Of course, if the two entities don't get along, there will be some... inner conflict... Apparently they will just explode if they get into too bad an argument...
Wait, was that supposed to be a bad thing?
Cultists: Recruit! My luck can't be any worse... can it?
Mummies: Replace the guys that died in the inquisitor invasion!
Assassins 25: Collect metal powder and turn it into the required paint!
Rest of em: If we have metal powder paint, Go drag TROG's body to the Tavern Wench Rosabel and do the ritual! If not, go get it!

Since alcohol is a non-ancient invention, and that Tavern Wench is insane Rosabel is peace loving, and Trog wants the destruction of humanity, this should make it so we easily dispatch another crazy horror fairly easily!

Of course this could also go horribly wrong and I apologize in advance for the death Tavern Trog potentially does unto on the world.

((I meant alcohol wasn't an invention during the prehistoric times, when cavemen ruled the earth.

Trog's goal IS different from mine, y'know. But I will change my action anyway, so whatever.))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:58:07 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 29, 2015, 11:20:22 am »

Well no, you did roll a 5, but if two horrors get mixed together they might want to cooperate (unless they like the idea of going explodey)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:07 am »

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/drink.htm
Granted tavern wench may not make it the same way out of the same stuff.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 29, 2015, 12:51:55 pm »

I was actually going to let him do it before telling him that beer was invented before writing to show the value of checking your facts, but sure...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 121