Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217237 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #750 on: May 23, 2015, 12:02:26 am »

((whoops sorry))
Me: Recruit.
100 slightly healthier cultists: Research an alternative way to get me onto the planet without having to resort to the Cascade.
All other cultists except cancer victims: Get on with your lives. Make friends. Do something useful for society. Even if I never get onto the planet my sentiment can be transferred.
Cancer victims: Stick around, I still need to get the time to heal you properly.
thincake

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2015, 07:01:38 am »

((//is suddenly very afraid.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2015, 07:19:08 am »

Koshu I will summon you in exchange for some favors and an alliance.
Query specifications regarding?

100 slightly healthier cultists: Research an alternative way to get me onto the planet without having to resort to the Cascade.
I can (I presume) share the sacrificial ritual if you cannot find anything better, though I agree that it, like Cascade, is less than satisfactory.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:43 am »

((whoops sorry))
Me: Recruit.
All other cultists except cancer victims: Get on with your lives. Make friends. Do something useful for society. Even if I never get onto the planet my sentiment can be transferred.
Cancer victims: Stick around, I still need to get the time to heal you properly.

MORE CULTISSTZ! [3] You convince more people to join you, but it's a rather meager draw compared to what you could do (+50 cultists)
research: [4] They find a method of summoning that doesn't require an Orb of stalwart, it involves dragon blood, a block of gold, and a bunch of candles made from animal tallow. There's something else written here, apparently it causes weakness in anyone summoned through it. Oh well, it's not like you were planning to fight anything yourself... (learned gold summoning ritual (gold, dragonblood, tallow candles)
Move on: [1] They leave but don't share their knowledge of healing or joy with others, making their presence rather pointless. (-263 cultists, -50 assassin cultists, -15 lightly wounded cultists) ((You may have been a little quick on the draw for that one, this is the kind of thing you save for after you win or lose))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 23, 2015, 08:37:03 am »

"At least they won't have to die for my cause. Those idiots."
((Also I shoulda been more specific, I didn't want them to leave entirely, just do useful things in the meantime while research happened.))
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 23, 2015, 08:39:12 am »

I thought that was a strange command, but who am I to decide what you want :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 23, 2015, 08:40:15 am »

"Yes, I definitely wanted that. Those irresponsible, ungrateful wretches."
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 23, 2015, 09:04:47 am »

negotiate with rabe for my cultists back
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:22:03 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 23, 2015, 02:46:10 pm »

negotiate with rabe for my cultists back

Negotiating with yourself? An interesting plan, to be sure...

Humanity
Attack CARP's... nothing... I guess:
[irrelevant] They attack CARP's nothing. Nothing happens.

Help Tavern wench find the ritual
[6] Your cult gets a bunch of emails about what the ritual is, and it quickly becomes apparent that you can't do it now. It requires quicksilver (mercury) instead of dragon blood and it destroys the Orb of Stability when done. Also, it only summons most of you, so you'll come out injured. Your cultists get frustrated by all the emails and some quit the cult (-50 cultists, learned stability ritual {req mercury, orb of stability, causes injury})

End of Turn 14.
score:
Unescargot (moderately injured): summoned, getting old
-cultists: 420 cultists, 5 high morale empowered moneyed investor cultists, 5 annoyed empowered moneyed investor cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 3 hallucinating veterans, professional journalist hirelings
-Items: book with power swap ritual
-Inquisitors: 115 lightly armed inquisitors, 10 inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors active
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga
--Puff Puff (uninjured): plush toy that looks just like him

Tavern wench:
-cultists: 210 heavily armed cultists
-Items: Precariously perched base, Orb of Stability 1, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, admired by humanity, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury and orb of stability, can sub DB [causes injury]}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(lightly wounded): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned
-cultists: 70 cultists, 30 archaeological cultists
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 5 strong mummy inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion

Koshu: guarding
-Cultists: 152 cultists, 200 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base, has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes
-Inquisitors: 125 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, 500 sacrificial cultists}

Rabe (uninjured): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol
-Cultists: 1155 cultists, 50 armed cultists, 10 hallucinating cultists, 1 old cultists, 40 recognizable cultists, 10 cultists in high places
-Items: has lightly damaged sturdy base with defenses (+lightning rods and 30 gun turrets), metal recycler and shaper set up, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones)
-Inquisitors: gone for now
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, moderately bad PR

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: find old powers again
-Cultists: loneliness
-Items: emptiness
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists
Items: has dragon blood
Inquisitors: inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 23, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »

Recruit.
1/2 of cultists: Find mercury.
Other half: Continue leaderly campaign.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 23, 2015, 05:25:31 pm »

Let's do this.

Me: Flee somewhere, recuperate. Do cloud yoga.
10 investor cultists: Continue getting wealthy.
8 cultists in high places: recruit more people in high places to join my cult.
3 veterans: Write your memoirs.
Jounalist hirelings: Spread the news that Rabe was partially responsible for the killing of 10% of the world's population.
400 cultists: Recruit more generics for my cult, focusing on ones with military training.
20 cultists: Infiltrate Rabe's cult the next time she recruits cultists.
Puff Puff: Blast Kong with powders, kite him to Rabe's base.
Anybody else: Sabatoge Rabe's turrets.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 24, 2015, 08:41:34 am »

I have just heard the Tavern Wench has just researched a way to summon horrors even without the orbs.

I love you and hate you at the same time, and thus I shall now kill you.

50 random cultists: Get recruiting! We need enough manpower to beat up Tavern Wench and co. while still making that banishing ritual.
50 other random cultists: Spread rumors that whatever happened to make Tavern Wench so loved by humanity are lies. Lie yourself if you have to, just reduce her PR. We don't want everyone on our backs after all this.
Me (If PR is reduced enough no one is ACTUALLY gonna do anything if I attack her): I'm feeling a bit peckish. Drunken humans are a good meal, right?
Me (If else): Assist in the recruiting!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 24, 2015, 09:08:54 am »

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  a paRtial ABANANAnbNzsbNASBDNABSNBANDSNSADANSDNASBNANABDNBASNDBANSDBNADNADBNABDNA  asssemble my carp legions on earth lay seige to something i dunno
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:08:10 am by Evonix »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 24, 2015, 09:37:15 am »

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  a paRtial ABANANAnbNzsbNASBDNABSNBANDSNSADANSDNASBNANABDNBASNDBANSDBNADNADBNABDNA  asssemble my carp legions on earth lay seige to something i dunno
carp, I think you're on your brother's account...

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 24, 2015, 01:05:11 pm »

the second time in a row
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 121