Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 218053 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #795 on: June 13, 2015, 06:00:01 am »

Try and cure the cultists with cancer again.
200 cultists: Find sufficient amounts of gold for the ritual. Do not steal anything. If it's someone else's, we'll have to buy it later.
Everyone else: Do assorted good deeds. Make some people happy.
thincake

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 13, 2015, 07:10:52 am »

Oh wait.
350 cultists: Assault Ajanthu!
100 trained cultists: Protect me from harm.
Journalists: boost my PR!

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 13, 2015, 09:30:51 am »

The status sheet was not updated.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 13, 2015, 10:48:47 am »

The status sheet was not updated.
What status sheet? The inventory changes between turns not within turns...

Try and cure the cultists with cancer again.
200 cultists: Find sufficient amounts of gold for the ritual. Do not steal anything. If it's someone else's, we'll have to buy it later.
Everyone else: Do assorted good deeds. Make some people happy.
CURE: [4] You finally use your powers to cure the tumors in your peons' bodies. Good thing too, they were starting to look a little weak from the affliction. (cancer cultists cured)
GOLD: [5] They find  a small block of gold sitting on their doorstep. What a strange coincidence. It should be plenty for the ritual. (gained gold block)
PR: [2] They decide to take a vacation and spend time with their families instead.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 13, 2015, 10:52:13 am »

((That is the most heartwarming result for a roll of 2 I have ever seen.))
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 13, 2015, 07:43:35 pm »

the "carp life" motto gave me an idea
Me: recruit fisherman promise lake and rivers teaming with carp on condition they don't eat me
Any recruited cultists: OBTAIN PUFF-PUFF PLUSH™
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:04:35 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 14, 2015, 07:04:49 am »

Turn 16 actions:

80 empowered cultists: continue research (edit: focusing on rituals)
100 cultists heavily armed: guard base
100 cultists heavily armed: fortify base
Koshu and 152 cultists: recruit
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:06:32 am by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 14, 2015, 09:31:06 am »

Turn 16 actions:

80 empowered cultists: continue research (edit: focusing on rituals)
100 cultists heavily armed: guard base
100 cultists heavily armed: fortify base
Koshu and 152 cultists: recruit
research: [5] They find two rituals, one that drops a rain of fire on someone, at the low low price of all your dragon blood and some thermite, and one that summons oranges that only requires you to draw a ritual circle of chalk. Apparently not all rituals are created equal. (learned ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, learned summon oranges {req chalk})
guard: [4] They take up patrols and watch for trouble. (100 heavily armed cultists guarding)
fortify: [1] They fuck up the fortification so badly that all cultists now have to roll to dodge spikes every time they leave the base. (deadly reverse spike traps added)
recruit: [6] Apparently handing out haterade at the recruitment drive was a bad idea. You still convince some poor souls to help you out though (+227 cultists, +182 inquisitors, Koshu no longer guarding)

((That's everyone I think, I'll end the turn in a few hours))

Whoops, forgot these guys:
Inquisitors: set traps around Koshu's base
[4] They dig out some pitfall traps and deadfall traps outside your guards' patrols. Seems going outside is going to be a dangerous activity now. (outside of base booby trapped)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 14, 2015, 08:26:41 pm »

Humanity
Attack CARP's... nothing... I guess:
[irrelevant] They attack CARP's nothing. Nothing happens.

Puff puff recovers.
End of Turn 17.
score:
Unescargot (moderately wounded): summoned, getting old, hiding
-cultists: 450 cultists, 10 infiltrator cultists (infiltrating Rabe), 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 10 wealthy cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 100 trained cultists, 3 hallucinating veterans, professional journalist hirelings, limited connection to president, all disheartened
-Items: veteran memoirs
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, 10 inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, know where you're hiding, inquisitors active
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga
--Puff Puff (uninjured): plush toy that looks just like him

Tavern wench:
-cultists: 35 heavily armed cultists, 35 poisoned heavily armed cultists, 25 cultists, 25 poisoned cultists
-Items: Swelteringly hot base in the desert, Orb of Stability 1, has dragon blood, partially gathered mercury
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately good PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(lightly wounded): hallucinating

Anthaju(moderately wounded): summoned
-cultists: 25 cultists, 30 archaeological cultists
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 379 cultists, 100 heavily armed cultists, 100 heavily armed cultists guarding, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with deadly reverse spike traps and surrounded by booby traps, has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes
-Inquisitors: 125 armed inquisitors, 182 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

Rabe (uninjured): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol
-Cultists: 1210 cultists, 30 cultists (guarding), 50 hallucinating armed cultists, 10 contagious hallucinating cultists, 1 old cultists (guarding for Puff puff), 25 recognizable cultists, 15 hallucinating recognizable cultists
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (+lightning rods and 20 gun turrets), has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has book with power swap ritual
-Inquisitors: 200 inquisitors
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, moderately bad PR, founded Miskatonic University, researched Orb of Stalwart, requested Koshu's permission to summon him

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: find old powers again
-Cultists: loneliness
-Items: emptiness
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 300 cultists, 100 slightly healthier cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block
Inquisitors: inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 15, 2015, 02:44:01 am »

Koshu: guarding
-Cultists: 152 cultists, 100 heavily armed cultists, 100 heavily armed cultists guarding, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with deadly reverse spike traps and surrounded by booby traps, has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes
-Inquisitors: 125 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

You missed my new cultists. And that Koshu is no longer guarding. And my new inquisitors, though I would not object if those disappeared for no in-character reason.
And probably some other things, actually, I am not sure.

Also, summoning oranges is actually a quite useful ritual, especially if all it requires is chalk, since it provides food and drink (orange juice).
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 15, 2015, 09:52:35 am »

Koshu: guarding
-Cultists: 152 cultists, 100 heavily armed cultists, 100 heavily armed cultists guarding, 80 empowered cultists
-Inquisitors: 125 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

You missed my new cultists. And that Koshu is no longer guarding. And my new inquisitors, though I would not object if those disappeared for no in-character reason.
And probably some other things, actually, I am not sure.

Also, summoning oranges is actually a quite useful ritual, especially if all it requires is chalk, since it provides food and drink (orange juice).
Whoops, must've missed that part of the turn on accident. Fixed now.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 21, 2015, 06:58:38 pm »

50 armed hallucinating cultists + 10 contages hallucinating cultists + 15 hallucinating recognizable cultists: go wash off in Unescargot's rain.
100 Cultists: Get dragon's blood.
100 Cultists: Send the book(Make a few copies first) to miskatonic University to study, once you have done that collect materials for the ritual.
500 Cultists: Construct weapons using molds and elbow grease.
200 Cultists and recognisable cultists: fix and improve pr.
300 Cultists and me: Recrute.
10 Cultists: buy some chalk.

hey koshu can I learn about oranges?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:00:38 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 21, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »

50 armed hallucinating cultists + 10 contages hallucinating cultists + 15 hallucinating recognizable cultists: go wash off in Unescargot's rain.
100 Cultists: Get dragon's blood.
100 Cultists: Send the book(Make a few copies first) to miskatonic University to study, once you have done that collect materials for the ritual.
500 Cultists: Construct weapons using molds and elbow grease.
200 Cultists and recognisable cultists: fix and improve pr.
300 Cultists and me: Recrute.
10 Cultists: buy some chalk.

Wash: [irrelevant] What rain? ((The irony is, this would've been fine if you hadn't specified that it was in Unescargot's nonexistent rain))
Get dragon blood: [2] They bumble around for a few hours and find nothing.
Copy and send book: [3] They send the book off the the university with no instructions and without making any copies. They take the rest of the day off. Nice one, guys. (book of power swap ritual sent to Miskatonic University)
FORGE: [5] They make weapons of war and arm themselves. Elbow grease is not a real resource, but they'll say they used some if it makes you feel better. (500 cultists heavily armed)
PR: [5] They do an excellent job boosting your reputation, though first they get you out of the hole (PR now good)
REKRUUT: [5] You and your merry band of men bring many more to the party. You get the feeling if you get to 3000 cultists something bad will happen. Such as spontaneous conflagration. (+1000 cultists)
chlk: [3] They buy some chalk, the colorful stuff they use at playgrounds. Might work for some rituals, but if you're planning anything heavy you'd better get some of the regular stuff (colorful chalk acquired).

Hallucinogen: spread
[4] It gets all over the base, several more cultists get covered in the powder (100 more cultists hallucinating, 30 guards hallucinating)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 21, 2015, 09:21:12 pm »

Well, that went better than expected.

Now, what was that again about killing me?

Me: Transform 50 of my guys into Egyptian reapers!
Bringers of death x30: Initiate Happy Fun Fun Murder Time Rebooted! On Unescargot, of course.
Twenty Creeper Reapers: Join guys in guarding me!
5: Uhm.. recruit, I suppose.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 21, 2015, 11:06:18 pm »

Well, that went better than expected.

Now, what was that again about killing me?

Me: Transform 50 of my guys into Egyptian reapers!
Bringers of death x30: Initiate Happy Fun Fun Murder Time Rebooted! On Unescargot, of course.
Twenty Creeper Reapers: Join guys in guarding me!
5: Uhm.. recruit, I suppose.
Reapers: [6] You transform them into accursed husks delivering people from this mortal plane. Naturally, some of them think you've overstayed your welcome in the world of the living (30 cultists now reapers, 20 cultists now inquisitorial reapers)
Happy fun murder time (with 20 reapers): [3] Not knowing where Unescargot is, they fly into battle on the wings of death (metaphorical flight) and tear apart several of Unescargot's cultists before being driven away (Unescargot loses 40 cultists, -10 reapers) ((Scary as they are, these guys are basically lightly armed cultists since nobody else uses soul-targeting abilities))
guard: [1] They decide to pay a visit to the nearest cemetery to help the lost souls find their way home instead. Some of them don't come back. (-5 reapers)
recruut: [5] They do a phenomenal job of finding more people, especially given how few of them there are (+50 cultists).

Inquisitors: attack Anthaju
[5] They crush your bones and anchor your soul to the underworld. You can feel yourself fading from the world as both your physical body fails and your soul is dragged away (mortally wounded).

((Seems the killing is being done just fine without him))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 121