Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217198 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1035 on: August 23, 2015, 10:06:35 pm »

((What rain spell? I forgot to record it if you got one))
it's on page 32.
A link would be more helpful, I don't know if we have the same posts-per-page

100 cultist: get in the subs and go into the ocean.
collect more submarine parts.

((i wondr where my cult is maybe sitting around in little clearings of dense tijaunian bushes by the sea? also if i had say this as my turn "ME: revive tavern wench with a strategy... (i need to get over my antiholisim i drink too much coffee because i think it cancels the effects of alchohol contamination))" and rolled a 5 would you come up with some explanation of how i revived her or woud you just say i can't do that))
((I would say you can't do that because that's too much leeway. I was willing to give alternate summoning rituals since it made the game more interesting to give alternate objectives to the players and the orbs of stalwart got destroyed before most of the horrors got summoned but we have to end this game at some point. If I let you guys start raising each other from the dead we'll never move on.))
Escape to the sea!: [3] They launch the submarines but forgot to fuel them up, so they're just floating in the shallow bay. (Submarines acting as boats)
MORE SUBMARINES!: [6] They go into such a fervor over the submarine parts that they carve each other's bones and flesh into submersible parts. It is actually pretty gruesome, you may want to look away. On the bright side, there's plenty of parts to carry the rest of your cult into the sea... (Organic submarine parts obtained, -25 cultists)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 24, 2015, 10:24:37 am »

ME:Recroot
100 cultists: assemble some organic submarines with the organic submarine parts
25 cultist: start up the subs in the bay

Lunar orb lolz: [4] You make a single carp in the center of a Lunar Orb of Stalwart. The carp seems to be frozen in place due to still being encased in crystal. (Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it)
Have we (and/or just CARP) located the Lunar Orb of Stalwart?
good point have i located the lunar orb of stalwart because i put a carp in it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:26:59 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 24, 2015, 11:00:11 am »

Lunar orb lolz: [4] You make a single carp in the center of a Lunar Orb of Stalwart. The carp seems to be frozen in place due to still being encased in crystal. (Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it)
Have we (and/or just CARP) located the Lunar Orb of Stalwart?
good point have i located the lunar orb of stalwart because i put a carp in it.
No, you just guessed really well. You would still have to get your cultists to the moon before one of the other horrors gives your inquisitors the secrets to purging your influence...

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 24, 2015, 12:48:44 pm »

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 24, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »

Stop the plauge: [4] They head for the chapel and pop the heads off a bunch of zombies to keep them from pursuing fleeing civilians and bringing another horde later. They are careful not to get infected themselves. (-75 zombies,-25 wounded zombies)
Dragonblood: [4] They find more dragon lilies and distill the dragonblood post haste. (dragonblood acquired)
PR: [4] They finally convince people to start doing favors for you. Righteous monolith, these people are hard to impress! (now loved by humanity)
Recruit: [6] You and your peons get more peons, though it appears your inquisition slipped an extra message onto the fliers you're handing out. You can feel otherworldly forces starting to breathe down your stony neck with this many followers. (+575 cultists, +530 inquisitors)

Half of Inquisitors: operate siege equipment
[5] Their shots are dead on and they quickly cull the crowded herd of cultists. Your followers manage to scatter after a few shots, but the casualties are high. (-500 cultists)
Half of inquisitors: steal dragonblood
[5] They slip in and take all the dragonblood. They water it down and add some conventional pesticides making potent poison instead of just dumping it out. (100 inquisitors now assassins, lose dragonblood)
Yay! Also, dammit!
The cultist limit is 3000, right?
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 24, 2015, 01:49:46 pm »

Stop the plauge: [4] They head for the chapel and pop the heads off a bunch of zombies to keep them from pursuing fleeing civilians and bringing another horde later. They are careful not to get infected themselves. (-75 zombies,-25 wounded zombies)
Dragonblood: [4] They find more dragon lilies and distill the dragonblood post haste. (dragonblood acquired)
PR: [4] They finally convince people to start doing favors for you. Righteous monolith, these people are hard to impress! (now loved by humanity)
Recruit: [6] You and your peons get more peons, though it appears your inquisition slipped an extra message onto the fliers you're handing out. You can feel otherworldly forces starting to breathe down your stony neck with this many followers. (+575 cultists, +530 inquisitors)

Half of Inquisitors: operate siege equipment
[5] Their shots are dead on and they quickly cull the crowded herd of cultists. Your followers manage to scatter after a few shots, but the casualties are high. (-500 cultists)
Half of inquisitors: steal dragonblood
[5] They slip in and take all the dragonblood. They water it down and add some conventional pesticides making potent poison instead of just dumping it out. (100 inquisitors now assassins, lose dragonblood)
Yay! Also, dammit!
The cultist limit is 3000, right?
Yes, the warning was because you're getting close... well, were getting close until you lost 500 cultists to mortar fire...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149212.msg6182437#msg6182437
here's a link to the rain spell.

Ah, so it is... I'll edit the inventory to show it shortly.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 25, 2015, 09:20:05 pm »

Me and 100 cultists: retreat to the hidden bunker then heal me.
Robot: kill inquisitors, if you fail light the inquisitor base on fire on your way out.
20 cultists: man turrets, keep an eye out for any inquisitors trying to use an ignite mortals spell, actually before you go to the turrets see if the inquisitors left any runes and materials around the base then remove them if they did.
K.I.:Move to aerospace and get ready to go to the lunar orb of stalwart, it's just too risky to carry on in weapons development with people having such a low opinion of us.
80 cultists and 10 recognisable cultists: Improve PR.
100 cultists: recrute.
Has descended into madness

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 26, 2015, 01:10:39 am »

And, because reality does not like me, I am probably not going to have internet access for the next week or more (possibly multiple months). So I am just going to quit now, rather than annoying everyone with missed (and thus delayed) turns.

Turn Dammit, I was actually doing good too:
all cultists, satellite, and all my rituals: go join Rosabel; she is probably the most likely to actually keep you alive.
((Note to Adragis029: beware of cultist limit. You are likely less than 500 people away from it now.))
Koshu: sulk.

Turn Henceforth:
Koshu: if summoned, go hide somewhere in the Kuiper belt.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 26, 2015, 09:23:29 am »

anybody want to force rabe or koshu to 3000 cultist's?
like a few people recruiting on koshu or rabe's part.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:48 am »

Me and 100 cultists: retreat to the hidden bunker then heal me.
Robot: kill inquisitors, if you fail light the inquisitor base on fire on your way out.
20 cultists: man turrets, keep an eye out for any inquisitors trying to use an ignite mortals spell, actually before you go to the turrets see if the inquisitors left any runes and materials around the base then remove them if they did.
K.I.:Move to aerospace and get ready to go to the lunar orb of stalwart, it's just too risky to carry on in weapons development with people having such a low opinion of us.
80 cultists and 10 recognisable cultists: Improve PR.
100 cultists: recrute.

Hide!: [2] They are panicking over your bleeding, battered body and can't help. They don't even pick you up and carry you to the bunker because they're flipping out too hard.
Murder!: [5] It slaughters all the inquisitors and burns their mansion to the ground. Then it puts on some giant sunglasses and walks away from the fire in true tough guy fashion. (-199 inquisitors, inquisitor base destroyed)
Guard: [1] They run for the hills instead of trying to protect you. (-20 cultists)
PR: [5] For what it's worth, they manage to convince people you're not actually the new antichrist. (Now very bad PR)
Recruit: [5] They find more people down on their luck and willing to join you. (+100 cultists)

KI: [1] They fail to build a spaceship and instead sell a bunch of weapons to all your enemies. Backstabbing jerks! (everyone else's normal cultists now armed)

anybody want to force rabe or koshu to 3000 cultist's?
like a few people recruiting on koshu or rabe's part.
Koshu is much closer after the recent cullings among Rabe's crew, but if he's giving all his stuff to Rosabel she may well the problem...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 26, 2015, 01:28:41 pm »

Humanity
Help Rosabel: Fight the zombie horde!
[4] They gun down the horde, getting rid of the remaining zombies. Hopefully there won't be any more. (-30 zombies)

Vacuum up Puff puff
[2] They can't seem to get a vacuum nearby. Must be the locale.

Give Koshu more Dragon blood
[2] It gets lost in the mail.

Rabe bleeds out on the floor of his base while his cultists panic. (Rabe is DEAD)
End of Turn Lemon.
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old
-cultists: regrets
-Items: veteran memoirs, charm of tunneling ((buried in the gut of an invisible monster))
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, hated by humanity, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}
--Puff Puff (uninjured): plush toy that looks just like him, 50 armed cultists

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken]
-cultists: 175 armed cultists
-Items: base in the desert (breached), has dragon blood, has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1
-Inquisitors: 25 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population
--"Wine and beer with Tavern Wench" talk show: lukewarm ratings

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 1970 cultists, 85 heavily armed cultists (guarding)
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 trained armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 1287 inquisitors, 100 inquisitor assassins, have siege weapons, inquisitors activated
-Other: loved by humanity, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Rabe (DEAD): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, experiencing minor hallucinations (1/6 chance of failing to perform personal actions)
-Cultists: 330 cultists, 10 recognizable cultists
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (20 gun turrets), has bricks and concrete, knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker
-Inquisitors: know ritual of ignite mortals {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, have gasoline
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, very bad PR,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, shamed by cookie-Cthulhu
--Kitten Industries: 311 cultists, 15 recognizable cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), heavily armed giant death robot (2 physique, 2 power, can launch missiles), has materials for starfruit jelly, covered in enhance poison wards

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 125 armed cultists
-Items: Delicious sandwiches, a bunch of submarines being used as boats, organic submarine parts a shallow ditch
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly, knows rain dance {req 50 cultists}
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel (uninjured): summoned
Cultists: 476 armed mad cultists, 50 plagued armed cultists, 25 armed assassin cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has Grand cathedral base, has chalice of healing, injured people in chapel, has surgical tools and first aid kits
Inquisitors: 5 inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2, know ritual of warming {req whiskey}, inquisitors activated
Other: adored by humanity, community improved, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows location of sick and injured, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles}, has zombie vaccine

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net, Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 26, 2015, 03:48:55 pm »

Puff puff and his 50 cultists: Explain that you are not Unescargot and thus humanity shouldn't be going after you!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 26, 2015, 06:52:03 pm »

Puff puff and his 50 cultists: Explain that you are not Unescargot and thus humanity shouldn't be going after you!
[1] They try to tell them that you're not associated with that jackass who kept throwing lightning everywhere but they won't listen. They accidentally let word get out of where they're hiding to your inquisitors. (inquisitors activated)

And, because reality does not like me, I am probably not going to have internet access for the next week or more (possibly multiple months). So I am just going to quit now, rather than annoying everyone with missed (and thus delayed) turns.

Turn Dammit, I was actually doing good too:
all cultists, satellite, and all my rituals: go join Rosabel; she is probably the most likely to actually keep you alive.
((Note to Adragis029: beware of cultist limit. You are likely less than 500 people away from it now.))
Koshu: sulk.

Turn Henceforth:
Koshu: if summoned, go hide somewhere in the Kuiper belt.

Move out: [1] Half of them don't make it past the siege, but with few options they press on regardless. The records of some of the rituals are destroyed in the fighting. (985 armed cultists and 43 heavily armed cultists transferred to Rosabel, -985 armed cultists, -42 heavily armed cultists, ignite mortal ritual and sacrificial summoning ritual transferred to Rosabel, rain of fire ritual lost) ((looks like that's not a problem now))
Sulk: [1] You are unable to sulk and give yourself a headache trying. (headache acquired)

Inquisitors: pursue the cultists
[6] They follow the cultists closely and join with the inquisitors of Rosabel. They must leave behind their weapons and siege equipment to maintain pace, and some get left behind (1212 inquisitors and 80 trained inquisitors transferred to Rosabel, -250 inquisitors, inquisitors lose weapons)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 27, 2015, 01:47:34 am »

Half of cultists: Start a rave, and recruit.
Other half: Get sommeliers to be guest stars on new episodes.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:24 pm »

Half of cultists: Start a rave, and recruit.
Other half: Get sommeliers to be guest stars on new episodes.
Rave of recruiting: [2] They had the neon lights set up and everything but nobody showed up.
Sommelier power: [2] They can't find any wine professionals in the area. Damn, looks like it's just another boring broadcast this turn.

Inquisitors: set up a rival show called "Booze: the magic poison"
[3] Well, they get the air time but they quickly run out of things to talk about and their first broadcast never really picks up in viewer count. ("Booze the magic poison" show created)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 121