Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217251 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1440 on: December 11, 2015, 07:44:10 pm »

50: Get the rest of the dragon blood.
60: Acquire a warehouse in any way possible; somewhere we can hide the summoning ingredients.
40: Acquire weaponry.
55: Train yourselves in use of said weaponry.
40 & Me: Continue the recruitment program.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 11, 2015, 07:51:15 pm »

Daragon : Last minute recruiment drive, focusing of militias.
Cult: Commence the summoning ritual.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 11, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »

Psycho leader1: take 30 other Psychos and hunt down other cults
Psycho leader2: take 30 other Psychos and attack anyone you suspect of having an orb of Stalwart
Psycho leader3: take 35 other Psychos and kill people who are annoying
I: attempt to convince the fisherman's followers to join my cult
Grave keepers: gather dragons blood
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 11, 2015, 08:42:41 pm »

me: try to make a peace treaty with the leader of the little fishes. we can be summoned together and be best buds
Cultists: offer peace and lodging to the leader of the fishes and the fishes. (hey we built those thatch roofed huts right?)

Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 11, 2015, 10:34:56 pm »

Speedo Man and 22 cultists: Tell my followers how to summon me. (or if by some magical magic, they already know, have them get on with it!)
Leader 1 and 50 cultists: Start making defences around the orb I have. can't have it getting rolled off without me!
Leader 2 and 50 cultists: continue practicing oratory, this time with an audience!
Leader 3 and 100 cultists: go out and contribute to the community. yes, they're cultists, but they're still members of society!
Leader 4 with 100 cultists: Scavenge for makeshift weapons and armor to use/train with. we need to start making a military to protect the orb.
Leader 5: Pretend to help leader 3, but continue procrastinating.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:40:14 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:48 pm »

Quarken and 63 normal cultists: Recruit more of Daragon's cultists to join your own cult!
100 scholar cultists: do research to locate some dragon's blood.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 11, 2015, 11:56:20 pm »

Vol-Kriit: recruit
25 cultists: find an orb of stalwart,set up a base around it
10 cultists: Trash inquisitors PR, accuse them of discriminating against the verbally-impaired
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 12, 2015, 04:53:11 am »

Convert inquisitors.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 12, 2015, 06:54:44 am »

20 normal cultists and myself: Recruit.
President: Deliver speech about the importance of religious freedom in these trying times.
All else: Search for dragon blood.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 12, 2015, 01:37:09 pm »

50: Get the rest of the dragon blood.
60: Acquire a warehouse in any way possible; somewhere we can hide the summoning ingredients.
40: Acquire weaponry.
55: Train yourselves in use of said weaponry.
40 & Me: Continue the recruitment program.

DB: [no roll] They collect the last of the dragon blood needed for the ritual (now have dragon blood)
Warehouse: [1] They try to set up shop in a military base and get shot on sight. (-50 cultists)
Weapons: [3] They don't get any real weapons, but they find some pipes and boards with a decent weight to them. (improvised weapons acquired)
Train: [4] They practice with their swinging arms. Someone's gonna regret making you mad. (40 cultists now warriors)
Recruit: [6] You and your little minnows bait the water for more fishies to join. Seems a few turtles got caught on the hooks as well. (+115 cultists, +65 inquisitors)

Daragon : Last minute recruiment drive, focusing of militias.
Cult: Commence the summoning ritual.

recruit: [4] You manage to find some people with skills prepackaged, but with that kind of specificity you left behind a few perfectly good candidates. (+25 militia cultists)
Summon: [5] They perform the ritual, summoning you from a world beyond worlds. They had enough time to bring a new friend along too. (summoned, also summoned Saragon)
Spoiler: Saragon (click to show/hide)

Psycho leader1: take 30 other Psychos and hunt down other cults
Psycho leader2: take 30 other Psychos and attack anyone you suspect of having an orb of Stalwart
Psycho leader3: take 35 other Psychos and kill people who are annoying
I: attempt to convince the fisherman's followers to join my cult
Grave keepers: gather dragons blood

Cult hunt: [5-5 > 6] They charge recklessly into battle against [7] KZ Jello's cult and slaughter with no regard for their own safety. The irony is that without the encouragement of their leader, they probably would've gotten away with no casualties and more kills. (-30 psycho cultists, KZ Jello loses 30 cultists)
Steal orb: [3] They attack [1] Daragon's cult, but withdraw early after they realize there's a bunch of militia guys marching in. (-15 psycho cultists, Daragon loses 15 cultists)
Murder party fun time: [1] Looks like your Uriah gambit worked, they ran off and got themselves slaughtered by challenging everyone at once. (-35 psychos, -1 overzealous leader)
Steal cultists: [2] Seems those idiots love being called fishies. They will rot with all the rest.
DB: [no roll] They finish gathering dragon blood

me: try to make a peace treaty with the leader of the little fishes. we can be summoned together and be best buds
Cultists: offer peace and lodging to the leader of the fishes and the fishes. (hey we built those thatch roofed huts right?)

Diplomacy: [6] You make a treaty with the Cosmic fisherman to have him summon you then work together afterwards. However, your aggressive negotiation strategy backfires, coming off as a threat. The cosmic fisherman briefly considers using his cosmic rod to pull you into a black hole before he gets summoned out of spite, but decides against it. (now Fisherman thinks you're a jerk, and is able to summon you)
Offer: [6] They offer housing to the fisherman's cult, only realizing too late that they never got around to building the huts because they were too busy with the boardwalk. (tensions high with Fisherman's cult)

Speedo Man and 22 cultists: Tell my followers how to summon me. (or if by some magical magic, they already know, have them get on with it!)
Leader 1 and 50 cultists: Start making defences around the orb I have. can't have it getting rolled off without me!
Leader 2 and 50 cultists: continue practicing oratory, this time with an audience!
Leader 3 and 100 cultists: go out and contribute to the community. yes, they're cultists, but they're still members of society!
Leader 4 with 100 cultists: Scavenge for makeshift weapons and armor to use/train with. we need to start making a military to protect the orb.
Leader 5: Pretend to help leader 3, but continue procrastinating.

Summon: [5] They summon you, and an old buddy of yours as well. (summoned, Mr. Banana hammock also summoned)
Spoiler: Mr banana hammock (click to show/hide)
Defenses: [5] They build a solid perimeter around the orb, along with barbed wire and punji pits. Nobody steals you orb, NOBODY! (Base now has punji pits and barbed wire defenses)
Practice more: [1] He flubs his lines and gets laughed off the stage. The cultists who attended discover they love being snarky assholes and making authority figures cry. (50 cultists become hecklers [negates leadership abilities])
Community service: [3-5 > 4] They hold an event to bring the community together, while leader 5 sneaks in and switches name tags with leader 3. Through the efforts of their leader they manage to make everything work out well. What a glorious credit to the team leader 3 5 is.
Scavenge: [5] They find some handguns in the scrap piles. Who threw these away? (Acquired firearms)

Quarken and 63 normal cultists: Recruit more of Daragon's cultists to join your own cult!
100 scholar cultists: do research to locate some dragon's blood.

Steal cultists: [2] They can't seem to get close enough to Daragon's cult to cure them of their trance, and your power seems to be blocked by otherworldly forces.
Research: [6] They find dragons and their blood, but then they remember that they are supposed to use the nectar of dragon lilies for the ritual and not the blood of actual dragons. (located dragons)

Vol-Kriit: recruit
25 cultists: find an orb of stalwart,set up a base around it
10 cultists: Trash inquisitors PR, accuse them of discriminating against the verbally-impaired

Recruit: [1] You jam another thorn under your fingernails and end up screaming at more mortals. Fuck. (+25 inquisitors)
Orb of Stalwart: [1] They get lost while searching. (-25 cultists)
PR: [1] They accidentally leave the "inquisitors" off the  script and end up trashing the cult itself. Whoops. (PR now bad)

Inquisitors: kill those guys who hate mutes
[5] They show you the error of your ways, by beating the last of your followers into submission.  Your cult disbands with no members and you now have no followers again. (-10 cultists)

Convert inquisitors.
[3] You and your cultists explain your mistake to those stupid dog-worshippers and many of them fix their error. The rest now think you're anti-dog, which you may be, but now they hate you. (110 inquisitors converted, inquisitors activated)

20 normal cultists and myself: Recruit.
President: Deliver speech about the importance of religious freedom in these trying times.
All else: Search for dragon blood.

Recruit: [2] You and your cultists try to recruit, but everyone is gathered elsewhere to watch the president's speech.
Religious freedom: [4] Their speech goes off without a hitch, and cults become a little more acceptable. (+PR for everyone)
Search: [4] They find a bunch of dragon blood and are now one step closer to having you on da erf! (acquired dragon blood)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 12, 2015, 05:36:19 pm »

Archon: Recruit more animals via mind-control.
5 beasts: Search for a stagnant orb.
5 beasts: Search for an orb of storms.
2 cultists: Research a summoning ritual designed to bring random horrors to earth rather than specific entities.
5 cultists: Learn about battlefield tactics.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 12, 2015, 07:17:40 pm »

Cultists: reach edge of city and wander out until you find some summoning ingredeants
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 12, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »

Archon: Recruit more animals via mind-control.
5 beasts: Search for a stagnant orb.
5 beasts: Search for an orb of storms.
2 cultists: Research a summoning ritual designed to bring random horrors to earth rather than specific entities.
5 cultists: Learn about battlefield tactics.

Recruit: [4] You mind control more beasties to join your army. Mist-elf superiority is so helpful. (+200 beasts)
Stagnant orb: [5] They successfully find a stagnant orb. However, since they're just a tiny group of dog-sized animals with the intelligence of a dog-like animal they aren't able to bring it back. (discovered Stagnant orb)
Orb of storms: [1] They get distracted by the smell of garbage and run off, never to return. (-5 beasts)
Research: [6] They delve so far into the arcane lore of ages that they go mad. Curse the vast amount of fake information they have to wade through, they didn't even realize what they were reading. (2 cultists insane)
Tactics: [5] They figure out tactics and strategy, allowing them to act as commanders in battle. Hopefully their troops will listen. (now battle commanders [50% chance to reroll negative outcomes in fights they are instigating])

Cultists: reach edge of city and wander out until you find some summoning ingredeants
[5] They bumble around and step right in a bunch of dragon blood. They think there is one Orb of Stalwart left that they wouldn't have to steal, but their bumbling doesn't run into it. (aware of Orb of Stalwart 1, acquired dragon blood)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 12, 2015, 08:44:49 pm »

Recruit more housewives.
Housewives: Continue acquiring dragon blood.
Journalists: Start printing out fliers, to improve public opinion of me.
Cultists: Start studying economics.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 12, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »

Recruit more housewives.
Housewives: Continue acquiring dragon blood.
Journalists: Start printing out fliers, to improve public opinion of me.
Cultists: Start studying economics.
Recruit: [6] You recruit a couple more angry women to work for your cause. Seems some people think you're discriminating against non-angry housewives and people that aren't housewives at all. (+50 housewife cultists, +25 inquisitors)
Gather: [no roll] They finish gathering dragon blood (dragon blood acquired)
PR: [4] They create and print flyers talking about how awesome you are. They make the (probably wise) decision not to talk about your glorious superiority over mortals and end up making you more well known. (PR up)
Study: [6] They study the ins and outs of economics until they never want to see another dollar sign. (cultists now economists that hate economics)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 121