Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217268 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1455 on: December 13, 2015, 10:03:07 am »

ME: try to mend relations with the cosmic fisherman. and explain to the cult that there was a communication error with my cult.
cultists: try to build those thatched huts along the board walk and offer the fishermans cult a stay for the night in apology (if you finish the huts)
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 13, 2015, 12:52:27 pm »

(YOU ALREADY DID YOUR ACTION! WAIT FOR NEXT TURN LIKE THE REST OF US CARP!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 13, 2015, 05:07:14 pm »

Recruit.

Cultists: Murder inquisitors.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:11 pm »

End of Turn 5.
Big Ol' Fire: Slept through the turn
cult: 250 cultists
Diplomacy: good PR
inquisitors: 25 inquisitors, 275 eco inquisitors

Volker-hands: Luck is not on my side
cult:
Diplomacy: Mixed PR
inquisitors (ACTIVE): 65 inquisitors

Dar Gold (uninjured): I've arrived. This world is mine now.
cult: 22 cultists, 25 militiamen
Items: dragon blood, has Orb of Stalwart 4
Rituals: Basic horticulture
Base: area cleared for rituals
inquisitors:
-Saragon:

Quar-splosion man: Real dragons might actually be better than dragon blood... though getting summoned would be nice...
cult: 100 scholars, 63 cultists
Items: Orb of Stalwart 3, located dragons
inquisitors: 25 inquisitors

Leechmaster: Sorry, I didn't mean it!
cult: 50 cultists, 50 lumberjacks
Rituals: Salmoning ritual [req Stagnant orb, dragonblood]
Items: wood
Base: boardwalk
Diplomacy: disliked by Fisherman, tensions high with Fisherman's cult, good PR

Crystal queen: What do you mean you don't want to manage the inventory anymore?
cult: 125 angry housewives, 50 economists that hate economics, 100 journalists
Items: Access to Orb of Stalwart 1, dragon blood
Diplomacy: excellent PR

KZ-Jello: Join the glorious cult of Jello today!
cult: 180 cultists, 50 "smart" cultists
inquisitors (ACTIVE): 140 inquisitors

Arcing Mist-elf: My cultists are few, but they will be the best!
cult: 3 cultists, 2 mad cultists, 240 beasts, 100 large beasts, 50 satyrs, 25 minotaurs, 20 centaurs, 5 centaur scouts, 5 battle commanders (50% chance to reroll negative outcomes in combat they initiate)
Items: dragonblood, discovered Stagnant orb
inquisitors:

Hon Shadow: Cults are awesome, aren't they?
cult: 75 "smart" cultists, support of president, cult in Washington DC
Items: dragonblood
inquisitors:

Fisherman: We've got some big fish to fry
cult: 270 cultists, 40 warriors
Items: Orb of Stalwart 2, dragon blood, improvised melee weapons
Rituals: can summon parasite
inquisitors: 65 inquisitors

Speedy Speedoman (uninjured): Hello hammock, my old friend
cult: 272 cultists, 5 skilled leaders (50% chance of 3 becoming 4), 50 hecklers (negate leadership bonuses)
Items: dragonblood, Orb of Stalwart 5, firearms
Base: Punji pits and barbed wire defenses, strong community
inquisitors:
-Leader #2 (m): passively restores morale
-Mr. Banana hammock:

Zomboss with really long name: These psychos are useless
cult: 100 gravekeepers, 15 psychopaths, 4 overzealous leaders (50% chance of 5 becoming 6)
Items: Stagnant orb, dragon blood, Orb of Summering [light]
Rituals: Salmoning ritual [req stagnant orb and dragon blood]
Base (Grand Mausoleum): Iron gates
inquisitors:

Meme-aster: The time for summoning is near
cult: 376 cultists
Items: aware of Orb of stalwart 1, dragonblood
inquisitors:

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 14, 2015, 06:59:57 pm »

20 cultists and self: Recruit.
President: Recruit from among the US govt. specifically.
20 cultists: Obtain weapons and educate selves in their use
All else: Search for Orb of Stalwart.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 14, 2015, 07:01:41 pm »

Wait, 'can summon parasite'? When did that happen?
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 14, 2015, 07:07:47 pm »

Wait, 'can summon parasite'? When did that happen?
He tried to convince you to summon him and gave you the ability to do so, but also offended you. You could just summon him and immediately kill him if you want, or ignore the flavor saying you're supposed to be mad at him and just be buddies anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 14, 2015, 07:13:11 pm »

Remaining Psychos & Psycho Leaders: Assault Daragon, He must be Destroyed.
30 Grave keepers: Set up for any and All rituals that could Summon me.
next 30: Improve the Defenses of the Mausoleum.
next 30: Look for Weapons and Armor of all ages, Dig it up if you have to.
I: "Convert" members of Quarken's Cult, "Suggesting" they to bring his orb of Stalwart with them when they join me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 14, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »

Woo, that was awesome!
Speedo man: high-five my leaders,the cultists who summoned me, and Mr.Hammock. As a show of goodwill to my buddy, I assign 50 cultists (half of which are hecklers) And leader number 5 to him. He can go out and start his own cult with their help, and then we can do a system of favors if we need to do stuff with eachother.
Leaders 1 and 3 with 200 cultists: Start planning a huge party for to celebrate the summoning, and host it for the community with a little recruiting on the side. Speedo wearing is optional.
Leader 2 and the remaining hecklers: continue practicing oratory. He will not give up on his dreams to be a public speaker!
Leader 4 and 50 cultists: Begin training in combat with our new munitions. this is important to a sub-plan of ours.
remaining 22 cultists: begin researching a way to make chosen with minimal chances of getting bad effects, such as my frail nature.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:28:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 14, 2015, 07:26:49 pm »

Ah. Well, in that case...
120: Negotiate with the inquisitors. Talk with them. I'm only here because there are many OTHER horrors (like this ugly parasite guy) that are attacking this place and I want to eat them and I'll probably just leave afterwards. I'm not a bad guy, honest!
80: Try to acquire a warehouse. Again.
70: Say bad things about the Parasite, effectively reducing their PR.
Warriors: Summon me, first.
Me: Recruit if I can.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 14, 2015, 08:07:53 pm »

ME: try to mend relations with the cosmic fisherman. and explain to the cult that there was a communication error with my cult.
cultists: try to build those thatched huts along the board walk and offer the fishermans cult a stay for the night in apology (if you finish the huts)
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 14, 2015, 08:25:30 pm »

Vol-Kriit:recruit
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 14, 2015, 08:48:21 pm »

Bah.
Quarken: Recruit Daragon's cultists to join you.
100 scholar cultists: do research to find dragon's blood orchids.
63 generic cultists: recruit Zomboss' cultists...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 15, 2015, 08:45:16 am »

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 15, 2015, 01:13:44 pm »

20 cultists and self: Recruit.
President: Recruit from among the US govt. specifically.
20 cultists: Obtain weapons and educate selves in their use
All else: Search for Orb of Stalwart.

Recruit: [6] You and your peons work double time to get people onto your side. Unfortunately, not everyone is so enthusiastic to join you. (+70 cultists, +25 inquisitors)
Get more govt support: [3] The president manages to get a governor on your side, so Virginia's govt is now friendly to you. (Governor of Virginia now supporting you)
Weapons: [5] They find some guns and figure out how to fire them properly (20 cultists become marksmen, acquired firearms)
Orb: [5] You find Orb of Stalwart 1 and haul it back home, thus stealing it away from anyone who had access to it before and causing all future "search for Orb of Stalwart" commands to be fruitless. (obtained Orb of Stalwart 1)

Remaining Psychos & Psycho Leaders: Assault Daragon, He must be Destroyed.
30 Grave keepers: Set up for any and All rituals that could Summon me.
next 30: Improve the Defenses of the Mausoleum.
next 30: Look for Weapons and Armor of all ages, Dig it up if you have to.
I: "Convert" members of Quarken's Cult, "Suggesting" they to bring his orb of Stalwart with them when they join me.
Attack on Daragon: [4] They storm past his cult and attack the newly born pillar of gold. Their battle is short lived due to lack of manpower, but they got some good hits in. (Daragon lightly wounded, -15 psychos, -4 reckless leaders)
Sommun: [1] They can't set up a summoning ritual to summon YOU due to lacking an Orb of Stalwart, but they try to summon a fish-based parody of you, and putz it up completely. They are lost to the void. (-30 grave keepers)
Defnz: [6] They board up all the doors and windows... Including the exit. Whoops. Now they're trapped with those guys who were on break and everyone else is stuck outside. (40 cultists locked in base, everyone else locked out)
Weapon& armur: [3] They find a pile of scrap material that could arguably be used as weapons. Tree branches and rocks count as weapons, right? (obtained improvised melee weapons)
Convert: [2] They can't convince Quarken's followers that you'd be a better boss. They definitely don't manage to get the orb away from him.

Woo, that was awesome!
Speedo man: high-five my leaders,the cultists who summoned me, and Mr.Hammock. As a show of goodwill to my buddy, I assign 50 cultists (half of which are hecklers) And leader number 5 to him. He can go out and start his own cult with their help, and then we can do a system of favors if we need to do stuff with eachother.
Leaders 1 and 3 with 200 cultists: Start planning a huge party for to celebrate the summoning, and host it for the community with a little recruiting on the side. Speedo wearing is optional.
Leader 2 and the remaining hecklers: continue practicing oratory. He will not give up on his dreams to be a public speaker!
Leader 4 and 50 cultists: Begin training in combat with our new munitions. this is important to a sub-plan of ours.
remaining 22 cultists: begin researching a way to make chosen with minimal chances of getting bad effects, such as my frail nature.

Hand off: [3-3] You give him the 50 cultists but aren't quite willing to part with your best leader yet. Nor are you willing to break ties with your old pal at the moment. (50 cultists transferred to Banana hammock)
Party: [6] The party gets a little out of control and the police get involved. Everyone agrees to never speak of it again. You may need to pull everyone back together before you ask that kind of thing again. (community weakened)
Speaking: [1] He gets humiliated again. Now he's starting to worry the problem is with him. (Leader 2 lacks confidence [50% chance of 2 becoming 1])
Training: [6] They practice with their guns until their trigger fingers get sore. Noise complaints and a visit from the police ends up getting your guns confiscated. Dammit! (50 cultists and leader 4 become marksmen, lose firearms)
Research: [1] They can't find anything, and they start to get an unhealthy obsession with speedos. While you normally praise this sort of thing, it's interfering with their work. (22 cultists now obsessed with speedos)

Ah. Well, in that case...
120: Negotiate with the inquisitors. Talk with them. I'm only here because there are many OTHER horrors (like this ugly parasite guy) that are attacking this place and I want to eat them and I'll probably just leave afterwards. I'm not a bad guy, honest!
80: Try to acquire a warehouse. Again.
70: Say bad things about the Parasite, effectively reducing their PR.
Warriors: Summon me, first.
Me: Recruit if I can.

Negotiate: [3] Your cultists manage to convince most of the inquisitors that you're not such a bad guy. The rest have traced the call and are coming to get you. (-60 inquisitors, inquisitors activated)
Warehouse: [4] They get a contract to use a warehouse. Now they don't have to store everything in a big pile, they can store it in a pile with a roof! (warehouse obtained)
PR down: [2] Your cultists spend the day fishing instead. A worthy use of time.
Summon: [4] They perform the summoning ritual and succeed on the first try. You emerge from a rift in space time which closes up behind you. (summoned)
Recruit: [5] You toss a hook out and drag back a bunch of new recruits. (+150 cultists)

Mend: [4] You manage to convince the cosmic fisherman that you're not actually trying to take advantage of him. Sucker. (relations mended with Fisherman)
Build huts: [5] They build enough huts to house an army, and offer for the fishermans to stay with you. They politely decline, as they now have a warehouse which at least keeps the rain out and doesn't require them to lay on rough wood planks. (lots of thatch huts built)

Vol-Kriit:recruit
[6] You manage to hold back on screaming in pain long enough to get some people to join you. Unfortunately you still end up pissing off some people. (+75 cultists, +25 inquisitors)

Inquisitors: deactivate [no roll] (Inquisitors are deactivated because I forgot to do it when the cult got disbanded)

Bah.
Quarken: Recruit Daragon's cultists to join you.
100 scholar cultists: do research to find dragon's blood orchids.
63 generic cultists: recruit Zomboss' cultists...

Steal from Daragon: [3] You manage to liberate a few more of Daragon's cultists and bring them to your side. Unfortunately Daragon drives you off with its madness before you can get too many. (15 cultists stolen from Daragon)
Research dragon lilies: [5] They discover that the lilies have a psychic presence of their own, and the nectar, known to many as dragon blood, resonates with psychic power. When channelled and focused properly, it allows one to momentarily tear through the fabric of reality and enter another world. If consumed, the lilies cause people's brains to melt, though a sufficiently talented psychic with the proper dosage may be able to get a temporary boost to their power before it liquifies their innards. Apart from the potion, they don't think any of this will actually be helpful on its own, but it's nice to know. (learned to brew power potion [consumes dragon blood, damages user])
Steal from Zomboss: [3] Your cultists inform some of Zomboss' lackeys of his true nature, and they defect to your side instead. Many of them simply ignore your cultists. (15 cultists stolen from Zomboss)

Recruit.

Cultists: Murder inquisitors.
REctuir: [6] You get more people to join you, and the inquisition finds a few new members. (+100 cultists, +25 inquisitors)
Murder: [5] They slaughter the entire inquisition while they sleep. Long live Jello. (-165 inquisitors)

Inquisitors: steal something
[irrelevant] they suffer a tragic case of death and can't fulfill their actions (inquisitors deactivated)
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 121