Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217245 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1500 on: December 23, 2015, 09:43:14 pm »

Archon: Get some more mind-controlled pets.
10 beasts: Recruit humans. Seriously, how difficult could that be?
1 insane cultist, 1 cultist, 5 beasts: Complete the salmoning. Leader 1 can supervise if there's a roll involved in that.
2 cultists, supervised by leader 2: Summon a mini-horror.
1 insane cultist: Delve deeper! Gain a semblance of mastery over the arcane secrets you have discovered.

Also, make a mental note that you were the guy who finished researching the mini-horror ritual. The whole insanity thing was... unfortunate, but the end justifies the means.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 23, 2015, 11:25:01 pm »

Bah.
100 scholar cultists: do research to find a summoning ritual that only uses an Orb of Stalwart, but destroys it in the process and may have side effects.
43 normal cultists: if the summoning ritual is successfully researched, use it and the Orb of Stalwart to summon Quarken. If not, work with Quarken to recruit scholars to join his cult.
Quarken: if the summoning ritual is successfully researched, prepare to be summoned. If the ritual is not successfully researched, work with the 43 normal cultists to recruit more scholars to join your cult.

Research: [4] Through careful reading of the runic matrices, they discover a way to burn away the orb itself to perform the summoning. They aren't quite sure what negative effects it will have, but their best guess is that it will weaken you for a few turns, effectively setting all your stats at 0 until you can recover. (Discovered Burning orb summoning [req Orb of Stalwart, afflicts those summoned with crippling weakness])
Summon: [2] Not one to waste time, you order them to immediately do it. However, your followers are a little more hesitant, and choose to put off the ritual in case they can find any more information.
Recruit: [4] You get more people to help you. No reason to worry about the summoning, your peons probably have it under control. (+50 cultists)

Vol-Kriit+15 cultists:recruit
30 cultists:find orb of stalwart
30 cultists:find dragons blood

Recruit: [5] You and a few of your new workers get the word out about how you are the best overlord. Without alerting your inquisition, of course. (+180 cultists)
Orb: [2] They search high and low, but can't find the one orb of stalwart that has been disowned.
Dragon blood: [2] They heard that dragon blood was extremely toxic and chickened out of collecting it. After having to wait this long, you are quite annoyed at their reluctance.

BOF: Recruit
Cultists: Go claim Orb of Stalwart 3 from the other cult

Recruit: [2] You consider trying to get more people to help you, but decide to enjoy a nice bowl of crude oil instead. Mmm, oil... Can't get this stuff every day without industries collecting it, but soon you'll have all you can burn...
Steal OoS3: [6] They completely forgo stealth and go barreling through Quarken's not-base, snatching the orb and rolling it out as fast as they can. Some of the cultists stay behind to hold off Quarken's cult while the others escape, and are never heard from again. (Obtained orb of Stalwart 3, -100 cultists)

Archon: Get some more mind-controlled pets.
10 beasts: Recruit humans. Seriously, how difficult could that be?
1 insane cultist, 1 cultist, 5 beasts: Complete the salmoning. Leader 1 can supervise if there's a roll involved in that.
2 cultists, supervised by leader 2: Summon a mini-horror.
1 insane cultist: Delve deeper! Gain a semblance of mastery over the arcane secrets you have discovered.

Also, make a mental note that you were the guy who finished researching the mini-horror ritual. The whole insanity thing was... unfortunate, but the end justifies the means.

More mind control, ALL TEH MIND CONTROL!: [1] You suffer psi-shock, and lose the ability to use your abilities for [2] turns. Luckily, you manage to maintain your hold over the beasts you have, otherwise you may have had a slight disaster to deal with. (Lose abilities for [2] turns)
Recruit hoomans: [3] They bark and screech and do other cute animal things to draw humans in. Your cultists see fit to inform you that you would be much better off doing recruiting yourself, or at least sending larger groups. (+2 cultists)
Salmoning: [4] They finish the ritual and summon a fishie to help you. Aww, it looks just like you. (summoned Sharkon)
Spoiler: Sharkon (click to show/hide)
Summon mini-horror: [5] They do an excellent job etching the symbols and manage to summon someone actually useful! Well, sort of... (summoned Baby Beldroth)
Spoiler: Beldroth (click to show/hide)
Stare into the void: [3] He sees such strange things it warps his mind and he gains some minor telekinetic power. Or maybe he's just seeing things. You don't really have any second opinion on it, so you'll just have to trust him. (insane cultist now weak esper)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 24, 2015, 02:07:56 am »

Daragon: Flee into woods and create a Seed of the Gold Spire, again setting the vines not to attack the cult if successful.
(Remaining) Cult: Learn how to create a Seed from Daragon
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 24, 2015, 04:21:32 am »

((There is a connection between power potion made from dragon blood and summoning a horror without it causes weakness. Not sure what that means tho.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 24, 2015, 11:14:36 am »

((There is a connection between power potion made from dragon blood and summoning a horror without it causes weakness. Not sure what that means tho.))
((The connection is that without dragon blood the ritual uses the horror's power to be performed, so they are exhausted for awhile))

Daragon: Flee into woods and create a Seed of the Gold Spire, again setting the vines not to attack the cult if successful.
(Remaining) Cult: Learn how to create a Seed from Daragon

Seed: [6] You plant a seed of gold into the nearby forest and tendrils immediately start consuming everything. You think to yourself that it's working faster than normal, then realize you put more of your biomass into that seed than you meant to. (Seed 1 planted, now hungry)
Learn the ways: [1] They get too close and get sucked into the tentacles. Mmm... flesh... Shit, those were the last of your cultists... (-7 fanatics, now slightly hungry)
Regen: [1] You burn more biomass trying to speed up your healing, but end up just making yourself hungrier. (now very hungry)
Saragon: attack Speedoman
[3] Saragon slinks over toward the teleporting speedo man and nudges him. Speedo man of course runs away before Sara can do much, but manages to get a solid punch in before leaving. Speedo man barely resists catching mercury plague, but due to his skin being like wet tissue paper, still gets pretty badly chopped up. (Saragon moderately wounded, Speedo man heavily wounded)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 24, 2015, 11:40:45 am »

Hondrasaan: Recruit.
Marksmen: Kill the inquisitors.
All others: Prepare the summoning.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 24, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

Hondrasaan: Recruit.
Marksmen: Kill the inquisitors.
All others: Prepare the summoning.

Recruit: [2] You can't find anyone willing to work with you. For some reason listening to a talking shadow doesn't appeal to them.
Murder: [4] They grab some guns and peg the inquisitors from 40 yards. They then run away before the few survivors get their hands on them. (-20 inquisitors, inquisitors activated)
Summon: [5] They summon you, and seem to have summoned a talking lantern as well. (summoned, summoned Unlight)
Spoiler: Unlight (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 24, 2015, 05:43:09 pm »

Look for summoning ingredients.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 24, 2015, 11:55:53 pm »

Look for summoning ingredients.
Dragon blood: [6] They seek out the dragon blood, and they find it... A big pool of it, which many of them fall into... (-50 cultists, acquired dragon blood)
Orb: [2] They can't find any Orbs of Stalwart.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:47 am »

((It's funny people keep searching for Stalwart Orbs when there is none right now. Steal it, or get another orb.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 25, 2015, 09:47:01 am »

((It's funny people keep searching for Stalwart Orbs when there is none right now. Steal it, or get another orb.))
(you know, If they asked politely I might share mine with them. I'm nice like that, though I currently need to heal myself.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 25, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »

((There's one orb stuck in a pit, if there was no orb they could find I would be putting "irrelevant" in the roll brackets))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 27, 2015, 11:27:23 am »

Retrieve the Orb stuck in the ground.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 29, 2015, 11:41:26 am »

ME:recroot
cultists : offer to help the fisherman with summoning in return for me being summoned too after our orb mysteriously got stolen

Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 29, 2015, 11:58:51 am »

ME:recroot
cultists : offer to help the fisherman with summoning in return for me being summoned too after our orb mysteriously got stolen

Recruit: [2] You don't get anyone willing to act as a host to you. Curses.
Help with summoning: [4] Your cult agrees, for a limited time, to perform the summoning for Cosmic fisherman in exchange for you being summoned with his stuff and possibly having him become a host to you immediately after... Whether Fisherman agrees or not is ultimately irrelevant, the cult agreed for him since this frees them to perform their own actions on his turn. (Can perform summoning with Fisherman's items on Fisherman's turn) ((That wouldn't be counted as one of the five actions in case that's important))
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 121