Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 53821 times)

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: The good, the bad, and guns akimbo.
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2015, 08:42:47 pm »

haha :D
i dont even understand this jk :D
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2015, 09:34:00 pm »

I just realized that with the name Spruce Spanner, Beirus is probably going to turn into some kind of tree monster when he gets angry... At least, if punnery is obeyed it will...
((Shush, don't ruin my thing.  :P The name is close to someone he might end up emulating. It was either that or Coney Clark  :P))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2015, 02:08:42 pm »

((So yeah, we had a small hiatus there. Appendix had a hissy fit, so I had to get that bastard yanked out.))

Bang one spandex dude's head against another spandex dude's head until they faint.
[6->6] You grab them by the heads. They try to resist, and you take a few nunchuck blows to the ribs, but they simply cannot match your raw strenght. You bash their heads together. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

You drop the two spandex dudes to the ground. One is twitching violently, while the other just lays there, bleeding from the nose.

Bob shows his hand with the ring saying:
"I feel power. I know i can do "something" - showing "", but i need help in understanding my possibilities..." Chews pizzas.  Bob tries to make that pickaxe he did earlyer.
[5] You materialize the pickaxe again. The old man watches you do so, chewing his pizza and otherwise being unimpressed.

"Oh, aye. I reckon that's the same kinda ring sarge used to have back in 'nam. What do you want to know about it, exactly?"

Hit him on the head with my baton

"HEY BUD, IF YOU'RE NO FRIEND OF THESE GUYS HOW ABOUT WE WORK TOGETHER FOR A BIT? KEEP THE REDCOATS OFF ME SO I CAN GET THIS GUY."
Continue hiding.
"Gimme a second."
It's time to pull out the shotgun and pulverize the remaining grenadiers.
"Now. What you been' sayin'?
As our resident mahou shoujo keeps on hiding underneath some rubble, the fight on the surface continues. [6->2] Bob hits the guy in overalls in the face with his baton, breaking his nose. Rick, meanwhile quickly holsters his empty revolvers and takes out his shotgun again. [6->1][5] The dragonsbreath round hits the first grenadier straight in the chest, sending him flying back into the pile of overalls and Bob, on fire. The second round takes off the last grenadiers head.

((Red leather, gold-lined pages? I see what you did there. Gonna flip a coin to decide which to read first.))

Spruce takes a moment to look at each book, trying to decide which to read first. After a few minutes in contemplation, he takes both over to his favorite reading chair and sets "Canergak's animunculi" down beside him as he cracks open "daemones et diis" and starts reading.

Read daemones et diis.
The book is dividided up in two parts. The first part is about various demons, giving a short description and a sketch. The second part does something similar for "divine" beings, though some of these descriptions don't seem all that divine. Every description also includes a ritual of summoning. All of these sketches also have a small symbol in the upper right corner, either: S,C,D or !

Strangely, every time you open and close the book the amount of pages seems to change, even though the book stays the same thickness. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:33:59 pm by Pancaek »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2015, 02:28:28 pm »

ask the girl what to do, possibly not leaving these people here so much wounded
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:26:55 am by conein »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: impromptu hiatus over
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2015, 06:41:57 pm »

Shoot somebody with the wand.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2015, 06:51:12 pm »

((Demons and divine beings will be like my JARVIS :p))

"Interesting. Maybe I can try one of these out later, just to see what happens. I wonder what the other book is about."

Set "daemones et diis" next to me. Read through "Canergak's animunculi".
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:06:18 pm by Beirus »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2015, 10:49:08 pm »

Fuck it, activate the shock feature of my baton and zap the grenadier and guy in overalls

"GET OFF ME DAMMIT!"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »

((NOT FINISHED YET))

Reload all guns.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2015, 03:45:47 am »

"I am not asking to teach me, i am asking about powers over all. As i see you are unimpressed of my abilities so i guess you saw much better performance! Maybe you have some one to show me how great are these powers?" - Bob chews pizzasSSS.
"You know, its hard to believe that such powers really exist, and i got one of them..."
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2015, 05:04:10 pm »

((Arghlwhrgl. I got distracted by work and then it was so hot all I could do was melt for a few days. Lazytime over, updates now.))

ask the girl what to do, possibly not leaving these people here so much wounded
You turn to ask her what to, but see that she's already calling an ambulance. When the ambulance comes and takes the wounded guys away, she comes up to you.

"Well, our dojo is in the clear now, I guess. I'd be careful if I were you, I don't think they'll let this slide. The Kahn won't just let you get away with this."

Shoot somebody with the wand.
[6->4] One of the wounded guards limps past you. You raise your wand and flick it in his direction. The beam hits him in the back, and he explodes in a shower of guts and gore. Neat.

((Demons and divine beings will be like my JARVIS :p))

"Interesting. Maybe I can try one of these out later, just to see what happens. I wonder what the other book is about."

Set "daemones et diis" next to me. Read through "Canergak's animunculi".
The book is divided into chapters, each chapter explaining a certain device and how to make them. Some of them are fairly simple at first glance, like an automatic crossbow. the further you get into the book, though, the weirder everything gets. The translations start to become somewhat lacking, and some of these parts have really weird names. Is that a giant mecha robot on page 198? Deary me.

Fuck it, activate the shock feature of my baton and zap the grenadier and guy in overalls

"GET OFF ME DAMMIT!"
[1] With the baton between yourself and overalls guy, you manage to press the button to activate the electrified flanges. Both fo you get zapped something fierce. You lose control over your muscles, spasming on the floor like some kind of wierd drug induced tango.

((NOT FINISHED YET))

Reload all guns.
While Captain Teal and the other guy are spazzing out on the floor, you take your time and reload your impressive arsenal. Twelve rounds in the revolvers, fresh magazine for the FAL and a few new dragonsbreath shells in the shotgun. The guns are hungry, but you always make sure to feed them on time.

"I am not asking to teach me, i am asking about powers over all. As i see you are unimpressed of my abilities so i guess you saw much better performance! Maybe you have some one to show me how great are these powers?" - Bob chews pizzasSSS.
"You know, its hard to believe that such powers really exist, and i got one of them..."
"Oh aye, I did see a better performance. We were surrounded, see? Soldiers all around us. And suddenly, out of nowhere, the biggest tank I've ever seen! The previous guy to wield one of those rings summoned a damn panzer eight Maus, right there. Scared the crap out of me.

Basically, from what I understand from it, you can summon weapons. Rifles, swords, tanks, airplanes, you name it. But, it has to have existed already. So, a broadsword is okay. An AK47 is okay. Laser rifles are a big no-no. Probably. Maybe they did excist somewhere. I don't know."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2015, 05:15:10 pm »

((I knew that was gonna happen))

Shake off the shock and bash the overalls guy with my shield

"ZYAHBLABLABLAKFEJAFLNFJ!!!"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2015, 06:10:01 pm »

Shoot Bob.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2015, 06:19:57 pm »

Shoot Bob.
Apparently Diane is going for the vigilante-killer award

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

Shoot Bob.
Apparently Diane is going for the vigilante-killer award
[evil path unlocked]

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2015, 06:43:34 pm »

See if the book mentions materials and parts needed to build these contraptions, and maybe if there is a help line or something mentioned in the back. Instruction manuals have those, right?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33