Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 72060 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:33 pm »

seriously roo? You are insulting them for having a lack of free time? Get a life.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2015, 09:02:10 pm »

I'm convinced 4maskwolf is a third party because he's spent the majority of his time telling people to ignore third parties and focus on scum hunting (while doing very little of it himself.)
Oh.
And that promotes a sense of self-preservation-by-proxy how?
Wouldn't this also stem from a noticeable cause of discussing third parties as the general topic for the day?

To my recollection, there was a small amount of third party discussion that 4mask reacted very adversely to, which led to more third party discussion and questions directed towards 4maskwolf. The cycle fed on itself, and 4mask doubled down on yelling at everyone to stop thinking about the possibility of there being third parties while simultaneously telling us that we shouldn't lynch third parties anyway.

Self-preservation: If people don't establish a policy for dealing with third parties, 4maskwolf is given leeway in the future if he is discovered to be a third party- no policies = he just has to persuade people to do what he wants. If we establish a policy, once he's revealed he's done for. He's saying: "Don't look for third parties (4maskwolf), guys, look for scum!" But there's been no looking for scum from him.

Roo: Consider- you may not be the most important person in the world?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2015, 09:04:05 pm »

Okay, an updated read:

Cheeetar: leaning third party.  The sheer ferocity with which he is going after the slightest hint of a third-party is... indicative.  Seeing as how no third-party wants their opponents to find them, what is the best way to prevent suspicion of being a third-party?  Mercilessly attack them.  It has the additonal advantage of potentially resulting in the lynch of possible adversary, and, as he has said about the good and ugly, it doesn't acutally involve really lynching scum and thus stalls the game.

roo: You've pushed enough of my buttons to almost merit a policy lynch.  Allow me to inform you: we here on Bay12 are CASUAL mafia players.  We aren't going to be one of those forums with 20 posts an hour per game around the clock.  If you got rid of every player who can't maintain an "adequate post count", we wouldn't have enough players left to run a game.

Cheeetar: Everyone keeps saying that I'm not scumhunting, but then what have I been doing this whole time with questioning you, TDS, Shamrock, and others?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:24 pm »

EBWOP: the roo thing and below is not a read, it's me responding to shit that happened while I was posting, I just didn't put "PPE" before it because silly.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2015, 09:06:58 pm »

seriously roo? You are insulting them for having a lack of free time? Get a life.
insulting them? Jesus talk about being sensitive it was hardly an insult and more a statement of fact. It's great that he's doing x and y in college/university it sucks that tiruin doesn't have stable internet. That does affect this game and the players in it. Instead of doing some repairs on the house I'm reading the thread and posting in it everyday. I made a commitment to the game by signing up for it. Am I being aggressive yes. But so what. How does that detract from anything I said? Should they replace out? Yes I think so they have both clearly stated they can't contribute. And what you did is an insult. .i.. right here buddy.
Or not it's cool.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:23 pm »

Your vote on me was pure OMGUS that you quickly abandoned. Your focus has been primarily on defending either yourself or the poor, defenseless third parties whose lives are more important than towns.

Okay, that was a bit of hyperbole, but those uninvolved reading should realise that for the Good and Ugly to win we need to cut down on the number of townies we have alive, and I'm not willing to do that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2015, 09:11:04 pm »

Okay, an updated read:

Cheeetar: leaning third party.  The sheer ferocity with which he is going after the slightest hint of a third-party is... indicative.  Seeing as how no third-party wants their opponents to find them, what is the best way to prevent suspicion of being a third-party?  Mercilessly attack them.  It has the additonal advantage of potentially resulting in the lynch of possible adversary, and, as he has said about the good and ugly, it doesn't acutally involve really lynching scum and thus stalls the game.

roo: You've pushed enough of my buttons to almost merit a policy lynch.  Allow me to inform you: we here on Bay12 are CASUAL mafia players.  We aren't going to be one of those forums with 20 posts an hour per game around the clock.  If you got rid of every player who can't maintain an "adequate post count", we wouldn't have enough players left to run a game.

Cheeetar: Everyone keeps saying that I'm not scumhunting, but then what have I been doing this whole time with questioning you, TDS, Shamrock, and others?
do it.
mouth/money. you can call yourselves monkeys but that doesn't make it true. mafia by nature is a competitive game. and all of this is moot anyways.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2015, 09:12:33 pm »

Is this your strategy for not getting lynched? I don't think it is working.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2015, 09:14:48 pm »

Your vote on me was pure OMGUS that you quickly abandoned. Your focus has been primarily on defending either yourself or the poor, defenseless third parties whose lives are more important than towns.

Okay, that was a bit of hyperbole, but those uninvolved reading should realise that for the Good and Ugly to win we need to cut down on the number of townies we have alive, and I'm not willing to do that.
It's going to happen anyway without the third-parties, silly.  Without extreme luck, we'd still lynch town at least once and probably twice before getting rid of both of the scum.

PPE:
Okay, an updated read:

do it.
mouth/money. you can call yourselves monkeys but that doesn't make it true. mafia by nature is a competitive game. and all of this is moot anyways.
monkeys... someone needs to cool off and realize that other people can't commit as seriously as they can to things, at that that fact doesn't mean they shouldn't participate.  Also, I'm not going to vote you when I have a perfectly good scumhunting-based case on someone else, at least not currently.

Also, your hyperbole goes far beyond what has actually been said or implied.  I haven't said that third-parties are more important than town, but I have made myself clear that scum are higher priority to lynch than third-parties, which should be fairly self-explanatory.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2015, 09:17:23 pm »

It's going to happen anyway without the third-parties, silly.  Without extreme luck, we'd still lynch town at least once and probably twice before getting rid of both of the scum.

Without the third parties polluting the votes, less townies die both by day and by night. 6v2 is incredibly favourable odds compared to the muddle we have throwing in third parties.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »

Okay, roo, look at it this way:

Some people can contribute a large amount of time to playing soccer (football for all those outside of the United States) and training, eventually becoming star athletes in the process.  Some people can't.  So should those people not be allowed to play soccer at all?

No.  They simply play in club teams.  Think of Bay12 as the equivalent of a mafia club team, while other forums may be the equivalent of the major leagues.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2015, 09:19:50 pm »

Without the third parties polluting the votes, less townies die both by day and by night. 6v2 is incredibly favourable odds compared to the muddle we have throwing in third parties.
The bolded part is total bull and you know it: the third-parties aren't just going to gang up on townies to mislynch them because THEY DON'T KNOW WHO IS TOWN ANY MORE THAN WE DO!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

4mask: I think you're assuming that roo is good at the game. He's, err... not? Look for qualitative and not quantitative measures of skill.
I've played some mafia.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2015, 09:20:28 pm »

Is this your strategy for not getting lynched? I don't think it is working.
it's a process; I'm learning.
Or not it's cool.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2015, 09:21:04 pm »

Also: They're going to vote to avoid being lynched, which means jumping on the easiest bandwagon and being as invisible as possible. They're not going to want to take risks or do scumhunting themselves, lest they be a target for scum.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33