Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Help me get better at DMing: is this game way, way too wordy?

Holy shit yes
- 0 (0%)
Slightly less long-winded would be better.
- 0 (0%)
No, it's fine as it is.
- 6 (60%)
I am dangerously insane and demand an excess of words. Double the length of each update.
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: [ISG] Teovanth  (Read 21687 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Teovanth
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2015, 04:39:25 pm »

Run away and continue on our journey through the forest.

((Perhaps we should have just continued on through the forest?))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2015, 04:45:07 pm »

+1

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2015, 04:55:51 pm »

#2 - The fact that there are no tracks anywhere around the crouched figure when no new snow has fallen worries me. There are night creatures that don't leave tracks after all. It seems strange to immediately assume 'human' when we were expressly warned only a little bit before.
Called it.

+1
+1 Yeah, let's GTFO
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2015, 05:00:15 pm »

Leg it
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2015, 05:16:27 pm »

((If I remember correctly Kj linked this in another game I play in but I thought it would work well with whats going on in this game too.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 07:37:28 pm »

+1
+1 Yeah, let's GTFO
Leg it

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

You sprint away from the gruesome scene. You run until you feel sick - well, sicker than you already felt after that encounter. After pausing for a moment to catch your breath, it occurs to you that your panicked flight has carried you a significant distance from your campsite in an unknown direction. You thought you were heading towards the path, but you might have already crossed the barely-marked trail without realizing it.

Okay, let's think about this logically. You know that the village is east of here. The trail is... either north or south of here, which isn't all that helpful. You take turn in a circle and make a note of your immediate surroundings. In the direction you were heading, the forest thickens and becomes a gnarled grove of undergrowth and densely packed, crooked trees. A quarter-turn to the right and you can see that the trees gradually thin out and the terrain becomes rockier, with large boulders casting deep shadows every few meters. To your left, a wide ravine winds its way down, deeper than you are tall. And if all else fails, you can always backtrack along your... footprints. That lead to your location.

A deep, raspy roar echoes through the trees. Sounds like one of the combatants came out on top.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 07:53:25 pm »

((Hmm all these options kinda sound bad but I'll go with the one that sounds like it will lead to horrible death the least out of the four. Unless anyone else has a good explanation about why what they suggest is going to lead to less horrible death monsters.))

Go to the rocky area with boulders.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:52 pm »

+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2015, 11:34:15 pm »

+1

I'm just gonna say this: remember which direction you entered the forest from and you'll probably be able to deduce which direction the village is from the terrain.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2015, 12:34:23 am »

Yeah, I think we should head into the ravine...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2015, 01:15:41 am »

Yeah, I think we should head into the ravine...
+1.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2015, 02:31:23 am »

I need some input.

Is there anything about this game that strikes any of you as off-putting or boring? I feel like I must be messing up somewhere. Maybe it's just because it's late and the tired is talking, but I can't shake the feeling that there's something I need to get drastically better at, because I get the impression I'm failing to get people involved. It could be that the player pool quickly shrinks after the first couple updates in every forum game, I don't know. I haven't gone back and checked against other games yet.

I'm trying to have good narration and good art and provide choices while still letting you guys choose to use spells and ridiculous Bay12isms, but maybe I'm just fucking up at it.

Just... If there's anything that needs to be improved, please let me know.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2015, 03:31:00 am »

I'm reading it but not posting actions same with other people I'm guessing

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2015, 05:19:23 am »

I actually do this with a ton of forum games.

There's nothing wrong with your game. It's great, possibly one of the best I've seen from what little we've played of it. The story's great, the art's great, the characters are great...I can't say the magic is great because we've used it only once (and it was a good once) but trust me - you're doing excellent.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2015, 08:47:33 am »

I actually do this with a ton of forum games.

There's nothing wrong with your game. It's great, possibly one of the best I've seen from what little we've played of it. The story's great, the art's great, the characters are great...I can't say the magic is great because we've used it only once (and it was a good once) but trust me - you're doing excellent.
+1
I'm reading this, even if I'm not posting all that much.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12