Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 149

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!  (Read 94378 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!
« Reply #960 on: October 19, 2015, 01:08:22 am »

"Today I learned nicknames mean you don't know someone's name. I wonder what I'll learn next from these useless chats." He seemed to be talking to himself more than Noel.

"Things that don't involve you. To be quite honest, I think I've discovered your true purpose: it's to waste our time. I can't come up with any other reason for you to nitpick anything and everything and at the same time be so naive as to think you're actually doing something worthwhile with the time you spend doing it."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 19, 2015, 01:15:35 am »

"Ooh, Kovalia? I hear the geography there is similar to Miccah, although I can't say I know much about the area beyond some basics."

"Yes, we're both from Miccah. Kerr traveled there with our father to help train their wyvern riders when he was young, although I stayed in Miccah until recently. Kerr and prince Aliberti have been friends since they were kids." The knight explained. "Some... Aren't too fond of Zorostria at home. But the Crimson Moon threatens everyone, Miccahn or Zorostrian. Prince Aliberti has the best chance of saving the world."

As he finished, Aurelian opened the door to the lodge and entered with Chance. The wave of heat from the fires brought a wide smile to the knight's face, feeling the warmth immediately.

"Ah, blessed warmth." He hurriedly found a good spot next to the fire and spent the next few moments merely basking in the heat.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 19, 2015, 01:21:10 am »

"I fail to see how I'm wasting anyone's time. It seems to me we're waiting on things to happen. I'm hardly stopping you from going and doing something else, if you wished."

Noel shrugged. Facts out of the way, he could address other issues.

"As for 'nitpicking', I seek knowledge. Is it a sin to want to know how things work, or point out how or why something is wrong so it can be improved upon in the future? I understand a mutual distaste bordering on hate between your Sect of Glass and I, but surely you can't find fault with the pursuit of truth. It just so happens my truth is different from yours."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 19, 2015, 01:49:02 am »

"I assure you that my dislike and apparent border line hate of you is purely personal. I don't give a damn about what you think of the Sect or what the Sect thinks of you; I'm my own man pursuing my own goals."

"And yes, if we are to classify a sin as a wrong then I would classify your method as sinful. You claim to seek knowledge, and I will concede that you do posses some, but it seems to be goading rights that you truly seek. To always be right, to point out every 'wrong' and then trample the opposing view with generalization and 'facts'."

"And that may be your truth, I don't know and can't say I want to know. But I will tell you what it looks like to my truth. It looks like a grab at attention, a desperate struggle to enter relevancy and command some form of respect for some unknown reason."

"Or I could be wrong and it's just that you're severely lacking in tact."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:49:42 am by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 19, 2015, 01:53:42 am »

"Ugh, forget it. I don't need this now."

Kerr stood up and walked away from the arguing members of the group, finding an unoccupied area and sitting down there, massaging his temples as he did. This wasn't the way to get closer to the group and if he was honest with himself he'd been being a tad hypocritical with Noel back there. Though Irios had been quick to jump against the shaman, if he was being honest, Noel had some points. It was just Aur... He sighed. He just wanted Aur to be happy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 19, 2015, 01:55:19 am »

Prince Aliberti have returned inside, tossing up a golden ring with a shaped piece of crystal, and acknowledged Noel with a nod.

"Noel? Did you see Chance? I need his help with the artifacts, now that we have negotiated the ring from King Ethelred."

"Psh! He gave it after you asked nicely, I wouldn't call that 'negotiations', Ali." Aliberti looked at Kerr.

"And why is he sitting all the way there? Kerr!" The Prince pocketed the ring and moved toward his friend. "Everything allright?" Rosana watched her brotherly intently.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 19, 2015, 01:58:51 am »

Kerr gave a shrug as the prince came closer. He couldn't help but think back to what Noel had said about rumors. Rumors about him and the prince. And then about the engagement. He sighed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just... had a bit of a headache or something. Needed a bit of space, that's all. Would have gotten a breath of fresh air if it wasn't so cold out."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 19, 2015, 02:10:58 am »

"Knowledge and arrogance tend to go hand in hand. If one truly is right, then it is also their duty to 'point out every wrong and trample the opposing viewpoint' as you put it. If I were to insist the sky is green and the grass is yellow, I'm certain you'd feel compelled to correct such obvious ignorance. And you would be right to do so."

"As for your comment about truth, I don't particularly care what students think of their teacher, only that they remember the lessons. You're probably right about tact, because I see little reason to hide who I am behind false smiles and honeyed words. Hate me if you wish; it matters little."

"I respect your honesty and so I'll give you my own honest opinion in return. I do not particularly hate you or your companion; in fact, I would say I pity Ayzebel. You I have a little more respect for because you are showing willingness to think for yourself. As far as the Sect of Glass goes, I feel I've made my stance quite clear."

The prince interrupted then, and Noel turned to him.

"I believe he and Aurelian are at the fire at the far end of the lodge, though if all you need is magic to verify the crystal I can take care of that."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 19, 2015, 02:15:54 am »

"I see... well, we have the shard and we will be returning to the Palace, so the cold won't bother you anymore. Could you get... or wait, I will just ask someone else." With that, he walked back to Noel and others.

"Noel, please gather everyone here."

"Hey Aliberti, didn't King Ethelred want to talk business?..." The Prince shrugged.

"We have the shard. I don't think his problems are our problems anymore." Princess Rosana let out a small huff, but didn't protest.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 19, 2015, 02:21:09 am »

Kerr let out a sigh as the prince walked away. He caught himself watching the prince out of the corner of his eyes and abruptly turned away. He had a crush, sure, but it didn't matter. Even if the prince wasn't already engaged, the rumors that were apparently flying around the palace were unacceptable. He needed to keep a safe distance from his friend, for the sake of Ali's reputation. Maybe after all of this was done, he should just return back home. See his mother again. That might be the best way to handle this. He'd leave sooner but... he couldn't stand the thought of letting the prince venture forth into danger over and over like this without at least trying to help keep him safe.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 19, 2015, 02:31:13 am »

Noel stood. The prince probably just wanted to separate him from Irios a bit, to give time for them to cool down. He didn't think he needed it, but he would respect Aliberti's decision.

"Very well."

He walked over to Aurelian and Chance, letting them know to go to the main group, then went outside and rounded up Hafiz, Miranda, and Maribel too. Finally, he came back inside and went over to Kerr.

"It seems our leader has decided we're going home. Ready?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 19, 2015, 02:33:42 am »

"Yeah, he mentioned. Ready whenever everyone else is."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 19, 2015, 02:39:28 am »

Noel nodded and held out a hand to help him up. Probably an absurd gesture, as he was sure Kerr had a few inches of height and probably fifty or so pounds of muscle on him; the shaman was actually rather scrawny by most metrics.

"A personal question, if I may? While we're away from the group?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 19, 2015, 02:44:10 am »

Irios sighed; Noel actually did have some valid points that he couldn't refute. Maybe there was more to him than he originally thought; though he still had a big ego, that was indisputable.

Despite potentially going against Aliberti's wishes Irios responded.

"I think at this point we should agree to disagree. It's clear we will not see eye to eye on this and I fear more conversation will give way to more fallacious ad hominen."

"But I will admit I may have judged you too quickly and too harshly." Irios paused a bit to think about something. He mulled it over long enough for Noel to get up and leave to gather everyone and approach Kerr. He thought about it some more and eventually pulled up his hood and approached Noel, speaking in a whisper that admittedly Kerr could probably still hear.

"Would you perhaps, after we return to our world and then depart to another, be willing to speak with me about something? It would... help me. To be able to speak about it I mean."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:23 am »

Noel looked over.

"I wasn't expecting that request... but if you wish to talk, then we'll talk, when we have a moment."
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 149