Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reclaiming Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [3/6]  (Read 3585 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

This will be used to basically help me create the world my IRL friends are playing in right now, what was a roll to dodge game with my buds turned into something they want to get into and have some story with so this will help me think of story stuff.
It is in the same setting as my In Search of Sanctuary game, but much later in the history.

Backstory crap (skip if you want, not really important, just skip to intro)- Sanctuary was once a safe haven from the wastes, a place free of raiders and full of resources. It kept its people happily working and keeping itself alive. When their population grew and some unlikely wanderers came in the city expanded its reach to create two more cities that quickly grew in size and strength becoming independent of Sanctuary. These cities were Requiem and Elysium. Requiem became a military training facility for its rough terrain and proximity to Sanctuary. Elysium became an industrial powerhouse cranking out the sweat shop labor required to keep an the three cities running smoothly.
Eventually a civil war broke out when Elysium attempted to seize control of Sanctuary. They were able to severely cripple the city's infrastructure and were able to hold out against Requiem's onslaught after the attack. When the war was over Elysium was a leveled town from the artillery and tactical demolition attacks. Sanctuary had fallen into disarray and Requiem had become a ghost town because it lost its food supplies from it's mother city. The wastelands of the region were now filled with the hulls of tanks, bodies of soldiers, trained militants, raiders, confused nomads, remnants of a once prosperous civilization, and those who will to recreate it.

Intro- (the first few sentences are a recap of the backstory)

A series of events sent the world into shambles, leaving everything in disarray. A city rose and prospered even bringing itself to old world levels of technology. As some unlikely wanderers appeared they connected the great city to other growing groups who eventually created the two other major cities with the great city's help. These were Sanctuary (the great city), Requiem, and Elysium. Humanity had found prosperity in the wake of it's destruction. Elysium had grown greedy as it's people were used as a work force so a civil war broke out that destroyed Elysium, crippled Sanctuary, and rendered Requiem inactive for having no food to sustain it.

Years after the civil war and fall of the three cities a group of soldiers and merchants found the tattered cities and heard of their once great power, they sought to reclaim it. This group known as the Militia has begun the reconstruction and reclamation of Sanctuary. They have not been without opposition, some of the large nomad groups have begun to believe that Sanctuary has only been able to bring death and destruction and they will hinder its resurrection any way possible. There is also a group called the Raiders of Requiem, a band of former Requiem soldiers who took up scavenging and raiding to sustain themselves in the run down city of Requiem. Their forces are spread throughout the city regions and are trade partners with the nomads.

The militia and the raiders clash ever so often over control of certain buildings or areas or roads. They rarely wage war on each other though as neither is armed or manned enough to survive a clash of that power. They are both open to recruiting new and fresh blood, everyone who joins will be given training and job specification but they are looking for special soldiers who could give them the extra push against the other. ((Think like guerilla warfare stuff))

Who will you be?

Character creation:

Name- (whatever you want but please be serious)
Age- (mid 30s is max, if in the Militia must be at least 16 and if in Raiders must be at least 14)
Gender- (doesn't make a difference in character interactions, the end of the world can be the beginning of equality)
Backstory/description- optional
Side- (Militia, Raider, Nomad, wanderer, no affiliation...... (wanderers are people from other places who have come to the three cities region))
Job- (if Militia or Raider see below, if not one of those two then say whatever your character does, can be anything from merchant to mercenary, I will provide an extra job list of generic jobs but if you have an idea for a character then PM about it) [side note everyone naturally has survival skills just some have more than others]
If Militia then choose one-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If Raiders of Requiem choose one

Misc. Jobs for nomads and wanderers

Or if you want a complete wild card just give a name, age, and gender and I’ll make a BS random character sheet for you.

I will give everyone their own intro, expect to either lone wolf it or work with a few people playing this game.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:04:15 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilding Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [0/6]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:36:10 pm »

Spoiler: Ryan Junge (click to show/hide)

I added in a nickname for Ryan. I'd assume the others would see him as pretty old, considering how dangerous Sanctuary is.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilding Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [0/6]
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »

I added in a nickname for Ryan. I'd assume the others would see him as pretty old, considering how dangerous Sanctuary is.
ACCEPTED
(ya he's a rather old raider, might give a few extra things that will be detailed in your intro for being an older raider.)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [0/6]
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 05:24:46 pm »

Intro for Ryan Junge 'Grandad':
It's been almost two decades since you joined the Raiders of Requiem. You aren't as old as the first generation soilders but you're close, your father was a part if the Requiem guard before the city fell in the fallout of the civil war. You have gained a lot of respect and leadership in your years of service. The men who work underneath you call you 'Grandad' for being one of the oldest raiders. You command a raiding party (30-40 units) and have several vehicles at your command as well as plenty of connections with Rauder leadership. You and your men are commonly called upon to stop Militia trade caravans and loot the remains or keep VIPs from making to their next destination.
On this fine fall evening you find yourself half asleep in your HQ tent sitting in one of the comfy canvas chairs looking over maps waiting for that boy to fetch your coffee. You always did like making the new kids tech your things on lazy days. You are awaken from your half slumber by the flap of the tent opening, you jumped up awake hopping it was the kid with your coffee you don't want to look non-menacing now do you?, sadly it's just a couple officers. One of them is holding onto the classic cloth envelope that usualy holds new missions. He extends his hand to give it to you as the other speaks up,"Militia's gettin' a bit ballsy with their movements lately. We've got report of a regiment moving in to old forgetten territories. God knows what they are hopping to find. Anyways that's not important, we've got a special mission for your men. A group of nomads has agreed to help ward off Militia expansion but they want training and supplies. You and your men will deliver them a caravan of weapons and then lead them to an assault on a Militia encampment that's way too close for comfort. They've been reported as taking out a few trade groups on their way to west Sanctuary nomads. The envelope should contain details about the nomads, the encampment, and how you should handle the attack and your travel. Your navigators shouldn't have a problem safely transporting the caravan goods but I'd double check on them just to be sure. Now if you haven't any questions petty officer Conor and I should be hooofing it back to Requiem for the officer's annual symposium. Share tactics and such. Have a nice day Sergeant Junge"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 06:00:58 pm »

Snap a lazy salute, and open the envelope.

"No questions, sirs."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 06:08:33 pm »

Name: Rover Uwen
Side: Neither
Job: Traveller

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:12 pm »

Snap a lazy salute, and open the envelope.

"No questions, sirs."

They snap a similarly lazy solute and leave. The envelope has three or four rather wordy papers with a few pictures. You skim over it not wanting to read too much since it's usually the same stuff. You find out that you are being given three storage vans full of equipment with drivers, your men should be on light jeeps and four wheelers guarding the vehicles, just follow them to the nomads. Once the equipment is offloaded the vans will head back home and your men should stay, show the nomads how to use the guns, there should be plenty of ammo for target practice. Take a few days to train then head to the Militia encampment *picture of map and aereal photo of camp*, send the nomads in in a horde charge while your men flank the sides, there should be enough of you to surprise them and create a retreat. When the attack is over pick up what you can, give the nomads a few good words of peace and head home.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 08:12:00 pm »

((Accepted, check PM, message coming soon))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [2/6]
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 11:29:06 pm »

Tell the men that we'll be moving out tommorrow morning, assuming we get to choose when to leave, and get ready to leave.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [2/6]
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 11:46:50 pm »

Name: Saris
Age - 22
Side: Nomads
Job: Caravanner
Backstory: Saris had always been witty. Clever. Perceptive. Too much for her own good sometimes, and she had certainly made mistakes; being clever didn't mean you weren't dumb enough to fuck up, it just meant you tended to do it in less obvious ways. But she's also always been lucky, and not just to have a clan that actually inspired - and held - loyalty. They were a family. Those few who weren't may as well have been. And they didn't usually have to put up with drama. Their Clan Mother, Abezel, always said that she was too old for people to waste her time with bullshit. So it was to be expected that she didn't want to leave. But every clanner had to go on an expedition of their own(mostly their own, at least; the others leaving at the time went with you), to toughen up and to show they had what it took to be part of the clan. And to bring back some money and figure out what was going on in the world that the Clan hadn't chanced across. And so she went. Leaving was a month ago, and now...now she wasn't sure what to do next...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 12:03:51 pm »

((Going to start putting person specific stuff in spoilers to keep posts from being too huge))

Intro for Rover Uwen:

Tell the men that we'll be moving out tommorrow morning, assuming we get to choose when to leave, and get ready to leave.
((yup, caravan showing up in the morning))
They begin cheering, they know that training nomads is more of a drunken party than actual training.
They begin preparing their equipment, cleaning their rifles, sharpening machetes, maintenance on vehicles, and gathering a few bottles of booze to liqueur up the nomads. Is there anything else you tell them?

Name: Saris
Age - 22
Side: Nomads
Job: Caravanner
Backstory:

Intro for Saris:

((Thanks for joining guys))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming Sanctuary: A post-apocalyptic multiplayer SG [3/6]
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 05:31:15 pm »

What do we know of the area? Is it particularly dangerous? Do we have a map? How many people do we have? How many dogs? What about guns? Do we even have enough ammunition to afford a firefight?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 11:05:05 pm »

What do we know of the area? Is it particularly dangerous? Do we have a map? How many people do we have? How many dogs? What about guns? Do we even have enough ammunition to afford a firefight?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:09 pm »

Then we split up. Each of us take some dogs, scout the surrounding area for the cattle, sweep the area, but move quickly. They shouldn't be hard to spot. Everyone should avoid trouble, which means staying away from Militia if they can help it, keeping the fuck away from Raiders even if they can't, and being carefuly and preferably hidden from other Nomads or wanderers. We meet back up at dusk, in a nearby cave(blahblahdesignated, make sure everyone knows where it is, make sure it'll be a safe place to stay the night, etc.).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 11:17:04 pm »

Nothing else. Get some sleep.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2