Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185805 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 1:Creation
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2015, 07:56:03 am »

Make a (spherical) moon, half the size of a standard moon, the moon is alive, though only barely, and made from chitin. It cannot grow larger than its current size. If the world currently being created it spherical, it orbits around the planet. If the world is a torus, it orbits around the sun, close than the torus, so that it casts a shadow across the torus as it orbits. It is riddled throughout with caverns, caves, passages, tunnels, hollows, canyons, gorges etc. It is capable of sustaining life. At the very core of the Chitin Moon, is a portal to the sun. The abundant energy pouring from the portal is used by the moon as sustenance to maintain its massive body. In addition, head radiates out from the portal, making the entire moon very warm. Specialized glands near the center of the moon constantly produce sweet, nutritious nectar, which is then distributed through the moon by a ingenious system of small portals. Other portals in this system are also used to regulate ventilation and heating, essentially being part of the moon's homeostasis system. (The nectar stuff should be free per Stirk's earlier statements. Ventilation is just fluff?) On the side of the moon is emblazoned a large symbol, Izgamlo's Anti-Sun. The side with the symbol is always facing towards the planet. (I believe symbols are included in creations automatically, so this is just more fluff?)

10 000 ant-sized sapient ants spawn inside the Chitin Moon. They are capable of using magic. They can only digest and metabolize the particular nectar produced by the Chitinsphere. They are quite weak to the cold.

Create a belt of asteroids that glow brightly, they orbit the sun further out than the world does. Viewed from the world, they should look like a river/band of stars stretching across the sky. (Each of the asteroids has a small anti-sun icon on them ofc)

If needed, dip into my crux to provide essence to complete these actions, though the crux may not be reduced below 4 by doing this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:26:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2015, 09:53:53 am »

"Might I suggest you check the Power levels of every god plus Power spent publicly? The one with the least amount of Power is the most likely culprit, should it be one of us."
I have already spent most of my resources on this project. Do not assume that the one who have spent the most is guilty, as we've all those of us who care about anything have been spending power, essence and crux on the creation of the star and planet.

I also spend two crux and one essence on a rod sun.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2015, 09:58:56 am »

"As I said, we should only look for low amounts of Power not excused by public use. Sorry if I did not make that clear enough. Also note that suspicious does not always equal malicious. We don't actually know who did what in secret, but hopefully that will be solved soon."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2015, 10:37:43 am »

"Greetings, My siblings.

I do not care what shape our sun and planets are, but a day-night cycle is an absolute necessity. The warmth of day brings happiness to all, whilst the darkness of night calms all mortal souls. I will, however, contribute some essence to the planet and sun."

Alicia puts two essence and four power into the star seed
Alicia puts two essence and two power into the planet seed.
She does not vote.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2015, 10:47:10 am »

"Of the current planetary shape suggestions, the sphere, the twisting 'mindfuck' torus, and the Möbius torus bring a day-night cycle inherently. The plain torus shape needs further resource-heavy constructs for it, so you should vote against it by voicing your approval of the others. Please, the cycle is important for us both, so don't abstain."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2015, 11:11:03 am »

Sigh. What is this obsession with a day/night cycle??? This is an absolutely USELESS concept. We are the ones choosing how everything will work. If we do not include such a cycle, the very concept of it's existence will be foreign to all of creation and no one will miss it. We already ruled that we can create life suited to all possible environments, so do not bring this annoyingly recurrent argument of "nuh nuh death world hur dur", it is completely false and based on no evidence whatsoever. This narrowness of mind so many of you seem to suffer is HIGHLY irritable and pointless. Reality is what we define it to be, not some stupid pre-established "truth". Now if you'll excuse me, I have spent way too much energy on this stupid conflict and need to regain my forces. I am incredibly irritable when tired, as you've all probably guessed already.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2015, 11:24:48 am »

This narrowness of mind so many of you seem to suffer is HIGHLY irritable and pointless. Reality is what we define it to be, not some stupid pre-established "truth".
"Do not claim that you don't have your own agenda to push. We all have. A certain narrow-mindedness is simply vital for a god's survival. As you say, reality is what we define it as, and I define a day-night cycle useful. You call it an useless concept, and that puts us at an impasse. However, remember that I can still pull my Essence from the planet and use it to create the cycle myself, but that would be wasteful for all parties involved. In fact, I think I'll make that my simple ultimatum on this matter. I recommend those who support the concept  do the same as well."

Should a planet shape that does not inherently allow a day-night cycle be about to win the vote, Aurosseu will reduce his contribution to just 1 unit of Essence.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

Urgh. Have your mindfuck torus/mobius strip thingy if that's what it takes to finally come to an agreement. All I ask is for a sufficiently large portion to remain at a scorching temperture. I need a desert and a permanently exposed section of the liquid mantle for my projects.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2015, 12:22:16 pm »

"I think the Möbius Torus is the best compromise. Deserts should be no problem at all, and we are probably able to create some lava seas too.

I will change my all of my votes to Möbius Torus"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2015, 12:33:58 pm »

Fine. All my votes to the mobius torus.
Convert all my votes in favor of the regular torus world to votes for the mobius torus. Votes for the rod sun remains unchanged.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2015, 12:48:42 pm »

I need a desert and a permanently exposed section of the liquid mantle for my projects.
"Why didn't you say so? Plate tectonics, weather patterns... There will most likely be such areas somewhere, and with as large as the Möbius Torus is, I would, without asking what it is you plan, presume it is going to be enough for you. And as the planet is largely based on its creators, there will probably be everything for everyone."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:50:19 pm by IcyTea31 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2015, 12:57:32 pm »

"Curiosity. Why is a torus world preferable to a sphere world? What quality does it have that justifies the extra essence cost?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2015, 12:58:31 pm »

I need a desert and a permanently exposed section of the liquid mantle for my projects.
"Why didn't you say so? Plate tectonics, weather patterns... There will most likely be such areas somewhere, and with as large as the Möbius Torus is, I would, without asking what it is you plan, presume it is going to be enough for you. And as the planet is largely based on its creators, there will probably be everything for everyone."

Yes, an abundance of space was one of the main reason why I pushed for a torus world. With a smaller spherical world, we would run into the problem of territorial conflict, as the amount of desirable space would be extremely limited. And do not worry about my plans, I have no interest in conflict. All I care for is progress, and war is nothing but a distraction from it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2015, 03:47:58 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:49:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »

Tick 2: Boom

Millennium pass by, as the first creations continue their growth under new essence income, with the sole acceptation apparently being the single spider that continues to simply hang around its creator. (Nilva -1E)(Lithus/Luthus -1C)(Patronius -1C)(Lorash-4E)(Moi'aaty -8E)(Gai-gen -4E) (Lithus/Luthus(1E, 2C) (Alicia -4E)

Several Gods decide to investigate the power output. They find the offending nothing quite easily, with the Power acting as a candle to its location. Void seems to be leaking out, making less nothing. On the other hand, Void seems to be leaking in as well, making more nothing in the same location. While the Gods observe this, the leaks stabilize simultaneously. There still seems to be a good amount of nothing that has been lost/gained.

Aurosseu vows to retake his essence if the planet ends up as something he dislikes. If he is capable of following through with this and the mechanism of which this will happen has yet to be seen.

Debates continue to rage on, continuing to be primarily about Shapes. Gods continue to put their essence where their mouth analogs are, voting with their wallets. It seems with the changing opinion the planets shift between even more shapes now, a mobius loop joining the others.

Finally, the worlds begin to stabilize! The planet and sun finally begin taking their permanent shape. The surface of the planet finally settles down, the tides making up the surface. (Uh, can someone help me count up the votes for this? I counted up the energy used, but couldn't keep track of all the votes and the other thing is outdated x_x)

Two Gods begin to duel! Iliseth begins to combat Mavnon in a friendly spar. Iliseth begins with the upperhand, putting Mavnon on the defensive as they block Iliseth's sword using their halberd. Mavnon then retaliates, attacking just as much as defending. Both gods take roughly the same amount of blows, none of which so much as tickle. The fighting intensifies, but stays relatively equal as they continue fighting blow for blow, sharp objects blurring between them as they bounce off each others weapons and armor. Finally, in the end, Mavnon gets into a great position to assault their enemy with tier longer weapon, letting down a flurry of attacks from above and the sides. In the end, Mavnon got in the most hits against their opponent.

Despite having used a little of his essence before, Izgamlo begins to make his own planetary body using the solar system to his advantage. With lofty goals, he puts everything he has into its creation. Dust drifting in the Void from the seeds begins to transform into a powerful chitin, crafted to its God's specifications. From that chitin rises a race of ants, with ten thousand new souls lighting its innards. The remaining dust continues to fly out further, forming a milky asteroid belt with fancy engraved asteroids. (Izgamlo -9E, -5C)

(Aaaaand I think that is everything but the special surprise! But really. I need to get the votes counted so I can finish the planets  :-\.)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:36:11 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 137