Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185778 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soul sense to see if Great Trees are sapient or sentient.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"I would rather you didn't, please..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I would rather you didn't, please..."
"Any reason why?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

Create Gigantollamas, giant llamas of sizes up to 40 meters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Any reason why?"
"...it is invasive, and I can tell you myself that they do not fit either category perfectly...they are self-aware, but they also have a spark of the divine within them...and would not usually be considered sapient on most mortal timescales...I would rather not risk their health by such an intrusion...there are so few, after all, and I do not entirely know how your vision might affect them..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Any reason why?"
"...it is invasive, and I can tell you myself that they do not fit either category perfectly...they are self-aware, but they also have a spark of the divine within them...and would not usually be considered sapient on most mortal timescales...I would rather not risk their health by such an intrusion...there are so few, after all, and I do not entirely know how your vision might affect them..."
"That's right! They do have a spark of the divine within them! I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm not going to examine them now that I know they could be critical to my research of godly souls. As for how it would affect them, it wouldn't. I'm only observing the energy released by their soul. It would affect them as much as looking at a star would affect the star."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...very well, I cannot stop you...but if she is injured...I will do my best to exact a price...just so you know....my primary concern is that...dissections are also observation...but in any case...I doubt we contain souls...just as the ocean does not contain rain...though rain may originate in it and return to it...it is like saying that a volcano has fire...true in a sense, but so inadequate to describe what is truly present...do you disagree...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I do. There is no other explanation for how our energy is held together as it does, nor how our energy is visible when I'm using soul sense. Either we have souls or we are souls who just don't have bodies."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:00:03 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Tick 5: Penguins?

Nilva alters their symbol while continuing to mess with the poor clothier. He shouts blasphemies at the sky as he clutches the ribbon tightly in his hands.

Stellarion goes down to the planet, to a random human. Stellarion teaches this man the basics of mathematics, as well as blessing him to spread this. The man then etches the first number system into his house wall, which ends up becoming the first school. It steadily expands as more humans come from further tribes to learn this concept so invaluable to trade. (Stellarion -1E)

The Saplings, having been guided by their creator, decide to put off using the stones until they know what to purchase. They are suspicious of the stones, fearing why they had been placed close to them. Some say they have nightmares about these stones devouring everything...

Teburshe continues to mess with the weather, after seeding a new Great Tree. The Saplings spread out far more then they had been, some setting up around the new Great Seedling. (Teburshe -1E, 3P)

Utther is born, and already ancient appearing. He complains to the mortals, who assume he must be a Wise Elder. Those who hear attempt to better the world around them to the best of the abilities. He then makes an asteroid in the Void, for personal use. He sits on the front porch of his old-looking house, shouting threats at nearby Iliseth to keep off his lawn. (-0E)

The Maag are given communism by their creator! They spontaneously start dying all their cloths red and calling each-other "Comrade". They are also given a form of democracy, with the first votes taking place almost immediately. The Clothier Maag is one of the most popular candidates, though as a merchant he isn't too happy with people continually taking "his" wares when he isn't looking. Other popular leaders are an Elder who spends all his time reading the Obelisk, a young child who seems to have impressive wisdom for his age, and a sandstone maker with an "everyman" platform. All look like they will get seats on the Council. Trade continues to expand on their creator's wishes, with their impressive clothing being the main trade good.

Iliseth talks to the souls! They don't respond in any meaningful way. She then performs a blood check, the blood between the two species seems different but not in a way that would cause nightmares. The Dwarf informs you that they are having nightmares too, and that his wife woke up screaming after having drempt of loosing her teeth. She didn't have any when she woke up...

Penguins are created!:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-Dreamjournal of the Maag Lovecraft, who has dreamed of these strange beasts.

Lithus attempts to make a mountain in the desert! After warning the Maag, who remove themselves from their homes with 'their' valuables, he releases power into the desert. A sand dune appears in the desert, about the size of a large hill. The Maag consider the place taboo, after having read the Obelisk and being wary of power-based-creations. There seems to have been no damage to anything. (Lithus/Luthus -1P)

Uztot and Iliseth begin sparing again! Iliseth makes the first move, only to be blocked by her opponent's staff. Uztot attempts to disarm his opponent once again, but Iliseth manages to keep control of her weapon and swing her blade down once again. Uztot blocks it easily, counter attacking and hitting several times in his opponents armored torso. They continue sparing, with Uztot coming out far ahead, scoring many hits while Iliseth comes out with only a few hits on her opponent.

The Maag seem to have made a few inventions themselves. They have introduced bone as a material to their tools, using the rope they where given in a verity of snare traps to catch prey, and they have created several glass beads with the help of the Hearth Spirits. They have no form of metal working, however. They are taught the scientific method and begin using it in their worship.

Izgamlo teaches the Ants a little on magic. Though the ants are above ant-intelligence, most seem to have trouble with understanding magic in any real way, with the exception being the Alphas. They test their abilities by making simply portals, which they seem to do without issue.

Patronius crafts a magical ring, appearing before the most powerful Ant leader to grant it as a gift. He adds several special effects, making the appearance of a God an even greater spectacle. The Ant, an Alpha, is grateful and promises to use the power well. With such an impressive display, rumors about the ring spread through out Ant society. Several of the remaining Mind controlling ants launch an all out attack on this leader, bringing their armies in an attempt to get the ring for themselves. (Patronius -5E, 1P)

In bodies of water around the world fragments, Naiads rise up to greet the world as they are created by Uztot. They begin mingling with Mortals the best they can while still attached to the bodies of water. Several of the sentient beings who have fallen for a Naiads build settlements nearby. (Uztot-7E)

Aurosseu listens to prayers:
Human: PLEASE OH AUROSSEU PLEASE MAKE THESE NIGHTMARES STOP!
Dwarf: Could you please give my wife's teeth back? She lost them somewhere in her dreams!
Maag: Could you make it so I can sleep and dream all day? It isn't like I have to move to get food!
Walker: My Lord, we are truly trying our best...but there is just too many of them! We need assistance!

Nilva continues to annoy mortals! It briefly snows glitter over one of the Great Trees, confusing its inhabitants as they look outward. The Maag clothier, here establishing a trade route, is hit by a glitterball thrown by a child. After being briefly annoyed, he sighs and takes the design back home, where he makes his own glitter from shiny sand.

The Saplings learn how to work with wood, and how to build buildings using the new material. They begin to shape the inside of the Great Tree, which accommodates them to the best of its abilities. Tree houses begin appearing on the outside, often open to the sun so they may take in its gifts while sleeping.

Sevron unleashes all of his essence into a stone slab! From what everyone can tell, it tells the complete and full history of all of creation. However, all secrets seem to be written in a language unfamiliar to all the Gods. To guard it, Sevron makes a clone of himself that stands diligently over it, watching for any who would seek to harm it. (Sevron-allE, allP, 2C)

Several of the Gods take a record of the secrets, recording the unknown script for later use.

Izgamlo creates a simple afterlife for his followers! Many of the souls surrounding the Gods, likely left from the revolution, enter the world's first afterlife. They go into stasis for the time being, unmoving in this strange place.(Izgamlo-4E)

The Durrakil are created in the Void! These massive wales look around at the Void, going about their business. They seem to make contact with the space-squids already in existence, as the empty Void seems to fill with sea-life. (Stellarion: Assuming 10k, -12E)

Elysium is purged of all life. Thousands of wolfmeba are destroyed instantly, wiping out several new species of single celled wolf creatures. The islands are then filled with life, much like that which is already on the planet fragments.

The Alicia-born are born! They are now the soul inhabitants of these floating islands. They are now filled with life, all of the same species but appearing different to the unlearned. (Alicia -6E)

Iliseth attempts to watch the Aliciaborn mate. The Aura of Creepiness this emits stops her from observing this successfully.

The Divine Library is created! The third history recording device, with perhaps the most extensive rules. This seems to raise the literacy rate of the Mortals a good deal, as well as introducing writing to an even larger audience. (Lorash -2E)

Iliseth continues to be creepy, stalking an innocent mortal through their life. The soul doesn't seem to change much by growth. A soul looks like a soul. The human souls all look the same and different. The souls of different races look even more different, but of course the same amount of the same. Finally, she continues the creepiness with attempting to play with the body of one of her most loyal followers. After lying in place all night, it is pretty clear that you aren't getting this for free.

The distance between planetary bodies begins to be measured. With the amount of distance between them, this could take a while to catalog.

Skolld takes a few wolves, blessing them with the power of the elements. How plutonium wolves will be greeted is a mystery. The wolves go their separate ways, looking for some of their element to inhabit and protect. (Skolld -4E)

Sand cotton spreads through the sand! The Maag clothier, naturally, uses this to make more cloths. Less obviose uses are being researched, for both the cotton and the leaves.

The Loi'naaryt are created and given the basics of tool use! They begin to make their homes deep in the Ironwood forests of the planets (-6E

Iliseth examines the tree! She doesn't seem to know the difference between different kinds of souls, and the light of all the Saplings within blocks anything she could have gained.

Create Gigantollamas, giant llamas of sizes up to 40 meters.

((Are you sure that is a good idea? You already overflowed from the Wales.))

Several of the remaining Archons, in the most well-defending positions, explode! There are only a few remaining on the chitin moon, now amassing all their forces on the ring that they feel is their last hope.

Iliseth:6/8/10
Mavnon:6/10/3
Ra Ha Sahaka:5/10/10
Aurosseu:4/10/10
Teburshe:5/3/5
Izgamlo:2/3/4 (OVERFLOW)
Uztot:1/10/10
Alicia:1/10/10
Gai-gen:6/10/10
Moi'aaty:4/10/10
Lithus/Luthus:6/10/6
Lauxal:5/10/10
Lorash:7/6/10
Nilva:5/10/8
Liram:10/10/10
Patronius:6/9/10
'Sevron: 1/0/2
Skolld:7/10/10
Stellarion:1/10/7 (OVERFLOW)
Utther:10/10/10
Char:10/10/10
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:53:22 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 5: Penguins?
« Reply #534 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:55 pm »

Izgamlo uses his essence to make all the ants able to more easily understand and use magic.

Use all my free time to help ants comprehend portal magic.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:13:19 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 04, 2015, 11:37:18 pm »

(Will I get better research results if I submit less actions per Tick? I feel like I'm being subtly punished because an Aura of Creepiness? Seriously? That research could've been very important if it came to fusion of greater beings like sapients, angels, or even gods. Just tell me outright if I'm doing something wrong. Loved the penguin stuff, though.)

Soul sense to see if there's a difference between the souls of dead Humans and living Humans. Maybe they're less bright or something?

I thank the monk for allowing him and I ask what it felt like to get possessed. Was he conscious? Was it painful?

I possess a sentient animal. I try to move around in it, use 1 Power to move around in it if that fails, then leave the animal. This should tell me if it's easier to fully possess an animal than a sapient being. Try to see if I can access the brain's memories.

Soul sense to check if I can see Power when it's still part of the void. I then use soul sense to see if I can see worship itself or spherical influence itself.

I expel a ball of 1 Power from me. Can I see it with soul sense? I put it back inside me after the experiment.

Ask Hearth Keepers if they experience nightmares.

Walker: My Lord, we are truly trying our best...but there is just too many of them! We need assistance!
I speak to this Walker and ask it what it means by "them".
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:57:24 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:18 am »

Uztot listens to prayers.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:50 am »

Liram tries to glean a little more info on the universe.

Check up on the modern averages for the races. Check up on other attributes such as average size, to watch for any mutation due to food quality. Check up on average ages, incase of primitive medicines. Also check up on population, due to the clutter of the universe making it hard to keep track of. Make sure to record this somewhere.

Listen to the whispers of the voi-
Actually, insanity isn't the answer right now.
Crack-a-lack-a

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2015, 12:04:27 am »

Rain death upon the armies attempting to seize my creation. Expend up to three power; keep the collateral to a minimum, though. Lightning strikes and hurled boulders are fine, planet-sized fireballs and terrain-shattering earthquakes are not.

Appear before the most powerful human leader and promise him his wildest dreams in exchange for his devotion and loyalty. If he accepts, watch over him and heed his prayers (spend up to 1E and 3P to grant these prayers). If he refuses, burn him to ash and offer the nearest human the same deal (if accepted, throne him and do the same thing). go to the next strongest human leader and offer him the same deal. Repeat. If I get to the point where the leader is no longer powerful enough to do much, stop.
For clarification, btw, I am not asking them to stop worshipping Andres. They aren't limited to a single god.

Craft the Ring of Courage. It grants the bearer the strength to overcome any obstacle, mental or physical. Besides giving him a near-unbreakable morale, it increases his physical might. It possesses all traits of the Rings of Patronius (increased intelligence, ability to change shape at will of wearer, etc.). The ring is gold and inset with a ruby. Offer it as part of the deal to the human leaders; only give it to one of the first three human leaders accept. Otherwise, keep it for now.

Use up to 2P to figure out how many, if any, worshippers I have. Listen to and use up to 2P to aid any who pray to me.

If there are any wars/battles in mortal lands, appear before both sides of the conflict (during a battle) and rain down fire from the sky (1P). Announce my might and offer them victory in exchange for their worship. Win the battle for whichever side worships the hardest (empowering their soldiers, devastating the enemy army, etc.). Spend any remaining power reserves left after my other actions; if it looks like the side I'm supporting won't win after blowing all my power, spend up to 1 Crux.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:53:02 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Aurosseu listens to prayers:
Human: PLEASE OH AUROSSEU PLEASE MAKE THESE NIGHTMARES STOP!
Dwarf: Could you please give my wife's teeth back? She lost them somewhere in her dreams!
Maag: Could you make it so I can sleep and dream all day? It isn't like I have to move to get food!

Spoiler: GM only (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 137