Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185170 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 5: Penguins?
« Reply #540 on: June 05, 2015, 12:06:36 am »

Appear before the most powerful human leader and promise him incredible power in exchange for his devotion and loyalty. If he accepts, watch over him and heed his prayers (spend up to 1E and 2P to grant these prayers). If he refuses, burn him to ash and offer the nearest human the same deal (if accepted, throne him and do the same thing).
"HOW DARE YOU!? CEASE THIS ACTION OR I WILL FLAY YOUR SOUL ALIVE!!"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 05, 2015, 12:07:59 am »

(( Since when could you read minds, Andres? I understand if you get mad after it's done, It's not like I'm announcing it to everyone. I prefer to ask forgiveness rather than permission. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 05, 2015, 12:09:18 am »

(( Since when could you read minds, Andres? I understand if you get mad after it's done, but I prefer to ask forgiveness rather than permission. It's not like I'm announcing it to everyone. ))
(In Ye Gods, publicly submitted actions could be read by gods before they were implemented in the Tick. I'm assuming it's the same here.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 05, 2015, 12:09:57 am »

"...what are you up to, Lauxal, I wonder...but then again, perhaps Aurroseu is the culprit...he is rather clever, and this would be certainly follow dream logic...or perhaps normal logic...the differene is sohard to tell, sometimes...nonetheless, I think I will give my Saplings some shade...they are right to be cautious, but to live in fear is to love without growth, purely in shadow and doubt...why do you perform everything in secret, Aurroseu...?...what do you have to hide from us...?...what do you seek to keep in shadow, I wonder...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2015, 12:10:55 am »

(( Oh, really? Was unaware. Hmmm, in that case... ))

"Oh, Iliseth. Your creations are not your personal playthings. Attempting to control their fates is a silly and ultimately futile act."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:12:54 am by DontBanTheMan »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2015, 12:15:53 am »

"Oh, Iliseth. Your creations are not your personal playthings. Attempting to control their fates is a silly and ultimately futile act."
"You would sway people away from worshipping me, disintegrate them if they remain faithful to me, you would do this to who could possibly be my priests, and you expect me to just accept it!?"

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 05, 2015, 12:18:20 am »

"Meh, not really. Listen, I'll tell you what. If it's one of your followers, I won't disintegrate him. Probably."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:09 am »

"Do not harm the mortals for loyalty to their creator, their divine mother."

(I know I was ninja'd, but it's the thought that counts.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:22:49 am by Vgray »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:42 am »

"why do you perform everything in secret, Aurroseu...?...what do you have to hide from us...?
"Nothing from you. I am trying to end these nightmares, believe me, but I cannot do it publicly, lest the culprit I suspect is one of us could counter my actions. Unrelated to that, the fact that I have a nemesis requires me to uphold secrecy more than those who don't have one."

Aurosseu checks if 'Sevron's history slab has been defaced in any way. If not, he seeks the cause of the nightmares and reveals it openly if he finds it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 05, 2015, 12:22:06 am »

"Mortals can give service to more than one God, Iliseth...and not all humans are your devout...it may be that the most powerful leader isn't, either, though this depends on his definition of power...though your indignation at the merest possibility that they could be priests rather than 'mere' worshippers...amuses me greatly...that said, forcing them to join you is rather much, Patronius....how can you know they will be faithful...?...and when the first inevitably refuses...the power vacuum left by his death will work against you...besides then offering a random mortal such power who may be ill-suited to use it...you all act so quickly....you rarely take the time to think things through..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:23 am »

Aurosseu checks if 'Sevron's history slab has been defaced in any way. If not, he seeks the cause of the nightmares and reveals it openly if he finds it.
The actions carried out in secret are in code. The nightmares were not created publicly. Ergo, they are in code.

I speak to this Walker and ask it what it means by "them".
It probably means the nightmares.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:31:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 05, 2015, 12:35:59 am »

"Meh, not really. Listen, I'll tell you what. If it's one of your followers, I won't disintegrate him. Probably."
"Cancel the action."

"Do not harm the mortals for loyalty to their creator, their divine mother."

(I know I was ninja'd, but it's the thought that counts.)
(It still makes sense in context.)

"Mortals can give service to more than one God, Iliseth...and not all humans are your devout..."
"If the most powerful Human leader were devout to me - or at least more devout to me than Patronius - then he would be disintegrated."

"though your indignation at the merest possibility that they could be priests rather than 'mere' worshippers...amuses me greatly..."
"My priests are more devout to me than anyone else and have devoted their entire lives to worship me and do my will. What would it say of me if loyalty and devotion meant nothing to me?"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:33:12 pm by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 05, 2015, 12:38:05 am »

The actions carried out in secret are in code. The nightmares were not created publicly. Ergo, they are in code.
"The fact that the nightmares exist publicly should make finding their part of the text simple enough. I'm rather certain it will stop being a secret soon, and the slab will help me prove that."

I speak to this Walker and ask it what it means by "them".
It probably means the nightmares.
"Indeed. Be aware that Walkers have a rather different kind of sapience than most. You might not get a very intellectual conversation with them."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 05, 2015, 12:44:49 am »

"Only the truth...that you value them for the power and prestige they provide you...both real and imagined...rather than out of a sense of goodwill or love for your creations...it is the degree of the reaction to something which is by no means certain that amuses me...it amused me when Izgamlo was trying to experiment with reality as well...speaking of which, Izgamlo...I have a proposal for you...oh, and Aurroseu...I have power in Shadows, and the realms of it...if I may be lf assistance in your combat, simply inform me...as I would be happy to help...I would rather nip this problem in the bud, if I may...at least, should it continue to be a problem....I would ask in return only an understanding of what you have made thus far...in order to combat it...lest my efforts be redundant or ill-fit to work alongside your own..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 05, 2015, 12:48:13 am »

I... Distrust those, who would tamper with someone else's hobby, and as... serious as some take it... their life's work... From what I cant tell, you seem to be acting like a chunk of meat with a mouth.
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 137