Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185766 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"I would be surprised if you did not. But think of it this way: the mortals will now have to learn or perish. They will advance by force by their own wills, not by what we have given to them..."

Mavnon looked out towards Iliseth, with the souls arund her.

"And truly, why does it matter if a mortal dies? Their soul lives on; only their body is lost. Nothing more."

"It is quite simple, my good fellow...we have mortals for a reason...should they die before their allotted time, whatever their god apparently feels it may be...they cannot continue to grow in character...or faith...or as a sapient...it is cutting down the tree before it is ready...harvesting the crop before it has ripened...at least, I believe that's the logic behind it...."

Spoiler: Prayer Responses (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Create Incorporeal children. Incorporeal children are non-sapient, ghost-like creatures. They appear the same as human children. Their only purpose is to make a lot of noise. They can't be destroyed.

Create 50 Incorporeal children on Utther's lawn.

"Don't think this will be your only punishment, old man. You'll beg me to stop.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"I would be surprised if you did not. But think of it this way: the mortals will now have to learn or perish. They will advance by force by their own wills, not by what we have given to them..."

Mavnon looked out towards Iliseth, with the souls arund her.

"And truly, why does it matter if a mortal dies? Their soul lives on; only their body is lost. Nothing more."

"It is quite simple, my good fellow...we have mortals for a reason...should they die before their allotted time, whatever their god apparently feels it may be...they cannot continue to grow in character...or faith...or as a sapient...it is cutting down the tree before it is ready...harvesting the crop before it has ripened...at least, I believe that's the logic behind it...."

Spoiler: Prayer Responses (click to show/hide)

Mavnon smiled. "Oh? So its a thing of selfishness I see. And to think I counted you amongst the Janis." She let out a hearty laugh.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I simply described the logic...that does not mean I agree...or rather, it does not mean I agree for those reasons...would you say that you believe otherwise...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A child, my brother, is brought into the world by his or her parents. For much of its lifetime, it is cared, taught and sustained by their parents until it is able to fend for itself. Once this happens, the purpose of the parents is complete and their continued existence is unnecessary. I would hope that child cherished their parents and respected their memory, but that does not change the fact that the parents are no longer needed."

"I do not think you need an explanation of such a simple parable brother."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Create Incorporeal children. Incorporeal children are non-sapient, ghost-like creatures. They appear the same as human children. Their only purpose is to make a lot of noise. They can't be destroyed.

Create 50 Incorporeal children on Utther's lawn.

"Don't think this will be your only punishment, old man. You'll beg me to stop.
HAH! That's nothing. I hear you kids argue and shout all the time! This is child's play. Which is appropriate, considering it's coming from one so young as you.
But don't worry, those kids will be gone soon enough.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)

"And can our divine children truly be considered capable of fending for themselves in a world where gods exist?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Not yet. Which is why they must be taught."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Utther might have a point on a few things. I grow tired of this bickering, especially as there are so few who Dream at this stage. I'm soon going to go sleep for a few thousand years. In the meantime, consider the few offers I've given some of you, and treat my creations gently. If you harm them, expect serious retribution. Does anyone have anything to say to me before I go?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:02:05 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Utther might have a point on a few things. I grow tired of this bickering, especially as there are so few who Dream at this stage. I'm soon going to go sleep for a few thousand years. In the meantime, consider the few offers I've given some of you, and treat my creations gently. If you harm them, expect serious retribution. Does anyone have anything to say to me before I go?"
"Nothing other than to wish you pleasant dreams brother."
Uztot's perpetual smile widens slightly.

"Indeed. We merely disagree as to the lessons. But consider this, is their will to live and advance not stronger when as one?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No, I would think not. Consider a family of four. They are prosperous and never once have to think of starvation. The worst they will ever encounter is death, and a death by old age at that. They are happy but that is all. They will never once think of Change, of Progress or Development."

"Now think of another. A family still of four. The father is old and ridden with cancer. The mother poor and with a leg that will never heal. The younger child not even able to stand. The older child, if of worthy character, will strive to improve his lot. If he or she takes the right opportunities, they might become a physician or healer. They could care for their family, nurse their plights and even discover treatments. By ensuring that some sort of Conflict is present, mortals will have to progress."

Mavnon looked towards the Maag and Dwarves. After a moment she smiled. "Look. Those blessed creatures have already progressed. They reacted to a challenge and already they have become better. Do you see what I mean?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:11:27 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sweet...dreams?..."

"We have different views on the subject, I see...parents who fade away and die...are an effect of mortal lifespans....you do not see trees die to make way for their children, after all...save through fire or disease...and we are by nature different from our creations, rather than simply more experienced ones of the same sort...I see us more as gardeners...some plant bulbs, to be dug up later, once ripe...some plant stalks, so they might have them regrow time and again...and some plant flower, to be viewed and admired for time to come...but what is the garden without a gardener...?...and what is the garden to do, should weeds take root...?...I can understand your viewpoint...but it is based off of mammalian tendencies...not botanical, or divine ones...the Saplings have a very different parent-child dynamic, for example...the mother does not die needlessly once the child is grown...so I hope you can respect why I might disagree..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Of course. I would not expect otherwise."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No, I would think not. Consider a family of four. They are prosperous and never once have to think of starvation. The worst they will ever encounter is death, and a death by old age at that. They are happy but that is all. They will never once think of Change, of Progress or Development."

"Now think of another. A family still of four. The father is old and ridden with cancer. The mother poor and with a leg that will never heal. The younger child not even able to stand. The older child, if of worthy character, will strive to improve his lot. If he or she takes the right opportunities, they might become a physician or healer. They could care for their family, nurse their plights and even discover treatments. By ensuring that some sort of Conflict is present, mortals will have to progress."

Mavnon looked towards the Maag and Dwarves. After a moment she smiled. "Look. Those blessed creatures have already progressed. They reacted to a challenge and already they have become better. Do you see what I mean?"
"I can see some wisdom in your words. But mortals also need the strength to weather conflict. You forget the greatest strength the Maag have cultivated is the one I would teach them. Does not the elder child need to care for their kin to be of, worthy character, as you say?"
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 137