Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185837 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 12: Digging Deeper
« Reply #1080 on: June 17, 2015, 06:49:08 am »

"No, I told them directly at their birth. It is quite odd truly that once a god has created something magic others may freely teach it and yet the same does not apply to other technologies."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 17, 2015, 06:57:23 am »

"No, I told them directly at their birth. It is quite odd truly that once a god has created something magic others may freely teach it and yet the same does not apply to other technologies."
Ah, that simplifies my searching. Just a moment, finding the relevant records...
Teach Ritual magic to Clan Rilem.
Tell 5 of them to take up Portal Magic and gather as much knowledge as possible from the Ritualstones. Inform them of what they are, what they do and the nearby Saplings. Keep doing this until they exhaust all mortal knowledge. Encourage them to learn metalworking via the Ritualstones if they don't already have it.

So it seems you just told them to take up Portal Magic. If I'm reading this correctly you didn't give them any actual instruction in Portal Magic, only Ritual Magic. So they seem to be effectively self-taught. No wonder there are problems.

((I don't believe there would have been any writing concerning Portal Magic until I taught the Space Clan, so couldn't have learnt from Ritualstones))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:06:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 17, 2015, 07:11:05 am »

"Threats at every side. Protection needed."

PM stuff.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 17, 2015, 07:26:58 am »

Ah, that simplifies my searching. Just a moment, finding the relevant records...
Teach Ritual magic to Clan Rilem.
Tell 5 of them to take up Portal Magic and gather as much knowledge as possible from the Ritualstones. Inform them of what they are, what they do and the nearby Saplings. Keep doing this until they exhaust all mortal knowledge. Encourage them to learn metalworking via the Ritualstones if they don't already have it.

So it seems you just told them to take up Portal Magic. If I'm reading this correctly you didn't give them any actual instruction in Portal Magic, only Ritual Magic. So they seem to be effectively self-taught. No wonder there are problems.

((I don't believe there would have been any writing concerning Portal Magic until I taught the Space Clan, so couldn't have learnt from Ritualstones))

((Hmm. It still worked though. Ooh, Idea.))

"Then I suppose some...reeducation is in order."

"Oh and Lithus, I do hope this duel of ours will be enjoyable."
Tell Illyria to teach some CRDs the proper use of Portal Magic. Make it a point that they are supposed to sacrifice livestock and not to use their own memories. Furthermore, a government ministry will ensure that there are sufficient livestock to support the needs of the Portabani. This livestock will be raised in the newly conquered territories. Inhabitants will be encouraged to begin raising livestock via decreased taxation. Indentured servants will be forced to work as shepherds/farmhands. If no one is willing to undergo the process...well there is a reason I'm the goddess of Conflict. Force them to on the pain of divine punishment.

Teach the CRDs Military Professionalism. This would include knowledge on proper formations, supply lines, tactics, stratagem and discipline.

Teach all dwarves Masonry if they don't already know it.

Order CRD to begin fortifying their surface settlements.

Order Illyria to invent new weapons/equipment for Clan Rilem.

Inquire on the weaponry and equipment used by the CRD forces.

Tell the CRDs using the Ritualstones to halt all sacrifices and explain to me everything they've learnt. All of it.

Also, implant this into the minds of every adventurer who has sipped from the Fountain/Hero's Charge. Any captured revolutionaries will be personally interrogated by Lan Cao.

Spoiler: New Quest Available! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:51:26 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 17, 2015, 09:05:04 am »

<Lorash, God of Metals and Memories>

The Dwarven crownbearers, the Ant RingBearer, and several Evolution Orb wielding adventurers have been teleported to the entrance lobby of the Dungeon! There, a large Ball of Flesh with hundreds of tentacles attempts to steal their artifacts away from them! This beast seems quite powerful already.

It would appear that there has been another attempt to assassinate leadership of mortals. Maybe not quite that, maybe just an attempt to thieve artifacts of divine origins. Interestingly enough though, those of Clan Rilem and those of human empire were unaffected.

If no god acts to deal with the kidnaped people : Teleport dwarven crownbearers back to where they belong. Express some minor dissatisfaction to them about what is happening within the dwarven lands. Use power to conjure a drop (1g) of antimatter within that large ball of flesh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:57:36 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 17, 2015, 09:19:59 am »

Use power to conjure a drop of antimatter within that large ball of flesh.
That might damage the Dungeon, which would be a shame. Could you try for something less indiscriminate and with less collateral damage maybe?

Also, you'd kill all the innocent people that happened to be at the entrance level to the dungeon at the time. Such as my ant king and the various adventurers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:22:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 17, 2015, 09:32:08 am »

A test of faith if you will. Gods they worship will certainly save them, won't they? Alternatively, the creator of space dungeon could deal with this, since it is within his domain that this is happening. And I truly doubt that the ball of flesh just happened to be there, if there is divine involvement I'd rather not risk underdoing the strike.

There are many others who could and should act before me. If they do, all the unfortunate consequences you mentioned would be avoided. Yet I will not allow others to mess around so easily with creation, and I care not for those who would.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 17, 2015, 09:36:38 am »

That would require unneeded expenditures of power, which could be avoided if you didn't immediately resort to gross overkill. My ant king can teleport himself back to the moon for example, but might not be able to do it fast enough to avoid your antimatter strike.

Also, the blast would spread out through the portals as well, probably blowing up some mountains, which are mostly dwarven territory, so you'd be harming your own people.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 17, 2015, 09:51:35 am »

The Ant king may be able to leave, but that does not aply to adventurers or my Crownbearers. If you do not concern yourself with those that are not yours and ignore that somone is trying to steal both your rings and my crowns in addition to cripling free dwarves who are the only civilization not being conquered, why would I care about a life of a single ant?

I will only conjure the antimatter if nobody resolves the matter. I would conjure only a tinyest bit of antimatter, mere single gram. Enough to erase anything on the first dungeon floor, including those that would hide in the shadows, for I doubt the fleshball is alone, yet hardly dangerous to that which lies beyond the portals. If other deities do not concern themselves to deal with somone atempting to monopolise on mortal races, then I will not concern myself with colateral damage.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 17, 2015, 10:04:57 am »

The Ant king may be able to leave, but that does not aply to adventurers or my Crownbearers. If you do not concern yourself with those that are not yours and ignore that somone is trying to steal both your rings and my crowns in addition to cripling free dwarves who are the only civilization not being conquered, why would I care about a life of a single ant?
You are the one who said each us must care only for our own creations, as you are doing. Now you would condemn me for responding as to why I did not wish to waste power protecting my own? I am not the one here actively endangering the lives of mortals, quite probably including some dwarven adventurers that have just entered the dungeon for the first time. Should I kill some of your dwarven kings myself as well if you're being like this? Why should I care for the life of a single dwarf?

Also, I like how you insinuate that ants aren't a civilization. And the rings aren't mine. I don't mind that one was gifted to the ants but nor do I particularly value them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:08:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:33 am »

Oh, Ants are a civilization; it's only that they have already been conquered twice, both times by someone empowered by a god. Ants have been at war for longer than all ring races combined. And with a divinely empowered monster combined with however many are hiding in the shadows, I truly doubt that there are any adventures on the first floor at the moment.

((When did I say that we should care for our races alone?))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 17, 2015, 10:34:05 am »

And with a divinely empowered monster combined with however many are hiding in the shadows, I truly doubt that there are any adventures on the first floor at the moment.
You seem to have forgotten all the Evolution Orb bearers teleported to the location
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:37:42 am by Demonic Spoon »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:32 am »

Teleport all leaders in the dungeon back to their respective origins. If impossible, obliterate the ball of flesh (or, if insufficient power, do damage and order the leaders to do the rest - they have powerful artifacts, after all).

IF: I have only enough power to teleport one person back, teleport the ant ringbearer. Instruct him to begin using his magic defensively to prevent further incidents such as this one.
IF: It looks like all the leaders will die, descend and seize the Ring of Magic. I refuse to let it fall into the hands of a monstrosity.

Allow the human leader to retain his title; I dub him Frederick. I also bestow upon him the Ring of Protection. This should go far to defend him from hostile magicks.

Spend 2P (if available; do not spend Crux to do this) to aid Frederick's tribes in battles and wars.

Form the High Church. Appear before each Ringbearer; command them to take their rightful place as a high priest within the Church. For Sankis, give him the option of becoming the Knowing One (blessed scholar within the Church) and being given all the resources the Church has to offer, or being confiscated of his ring. I will NOT harm Sankis in any way unless it's the only way to get my artifact back in the case that he refuses to become the Knowing One (Further information about High Church below).

Spoiler: High Church (click to show/hide)

Command the High Priests to begin spreading the faith. The more they spread the faith, the more blessings they will receive and the stronger possibility they will receive a new Ring or artifact.

Listen to prayers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:59:09 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 17, 2015, 11:10:18 am »

((Herpaderp. Ignore this post))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 17, 2015, 11:20:04 am »

"Oh and Lithus, I do hope this duel of ours will be enjoyable."
Duel? Did I miss something?

Oh, and Lorash, you forgot the Aag nation. They have yet to be involved in a war.

Slay the dungeon beast with a futuristic rifle armed with explosive plasma bullets, as Luthus. Gift the rifle to the great council. The rifle regenerates it's all of it's ammo within 4 minutes, making new bullets return as time pass, instead of reloading everything in a single burst. Tell the council that this weapon must be studied and reverse engineered, without destroying it.
Accept Huon's offer, as Lithus.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:45:17 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 137