Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185783 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16: Believe Me
« Reply #1515 on: July 13, 2015, 05:44:00 pm »

1E+3P: Stir up ciivil right movements in dwarven lands with the goal of eliminating the artificial race barrier between the Clan and Clanless Dwarves. [/b]

Mavon, my actions towards you and yours right now are purely out of eorry that you are doing something nasty and my ire towards you would end as soon as the godless kingdom does. If you proceed with this movement of yours, I might take it personaly and do something rash. Would you reconsider?

"I would like to mention that your "civil rights movements" are not desired by me. Clan dwarves and the first ones are different species. Nothing you can do can change that- oh wait."

"Different species? I scoff at that notion entirely. The only difference between a Rilem dwarf and a Clanless is phenotype; they are identical. When I forged them from my essence, I copied the dwarven genetics completely, only making modifications to phenotype and in most cases, these are but superficial. Indeed, the only difference is their views on alcohol and I assure you that is a cultural trait rather than genetic. Now tell me how and why promoting equality between the dwarven races is a bad thing. I have already tried to reach out diplomatically to the other Dwarves and seen my embassies rebuffed as non-dwarven. Do you know how insulting that is? To me? My children? And only because of the colour of their skin and shape of their eyes?"

Shout this, this time loud enough to be heard from the entire solar system, without harming or deafening anyone:

WORSHIPERS OF MAVNON, PEOPLE OF THE NEW KINGDOM! YOU ARE ALL FOOLED BY THIS ABOMINATION YOU CALL A GOD, THIS HORRENDOUS BEAST FEEL NOTHING BUT DISDAIN TOWARDS MORTALS, IMMORTALS AND GODS, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A TOY, A PAWN FOR THIS DEMON, YOUR DEATH, YOUR SUFFERING MEAN NOTHING TO THIS BEAST, IT EVEN ENJOY THE PAIN IT INFLICTS TO ALL OF YOU THROUGH WARFARE AND DESTRUCTION!! NEW KINGDOM! EVEN THOUGH YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ALL FREE FROM GODS, YOU ARE A PAWN OF MAVNON'S SCHEME OF DESTRUCTION! REALIZE THIS, OR DROWN IN THE BLOOD OF YOUR INNOCENT VICTIMS!!

Block the sound from all High Church land with up to 2P if it's enough. Otherwise, just focus the blocking on the Aspects and the Great Tribe. Don't want that shit in my lands.

"Patronius, your concern is touching but focus on your own lands. I want my followers to hear this; its simply...delicious on how wrong Luthus is currently being."

This whole discussion was absurd. Let us look not at what is claimed, but rather at what is happening.

New kingdom (really needs a proper name) is conquering nearby lands, and enforcing a ban on worshiping any god.
Since they claim to not to be ruled by any god and do not target any one god specifically, they are left alone by most gods, since they just file them "Not my business" and focus on their own races and plots.
The activity New kingdom partakes most is war; most of their recourses are geared towards war, which allows them to conquer less warlike nations with ease.

What do we see from this? If we consider that there are more ways for a god to gain power than direct worship, the Godless kingdom is spreading conflict while banning all common worship. The only one who benefits from Godless kingdoms growth is Mavon, trading a bit of worship quality for exclusive influence. It matters not if he is pupeteering the king, the kingdom is Mavons handiwork, built with intention of pushing out other gods from the minds of mortals. It is a good plan since he is going to benefit doubly, no matter our actions. If we stay silent, he benefits from kingdoms existence. If we oppose, he benefits from ensuing conflict.

In short, this was an attempt far larger and far less concealed than Uthers to destroy what we built. I recommend the same treatment.

(Agree with it needing a new name)

"Excellent observations brother and truly it would make complete sense for me to have created the kingdom, to support it and ensure it delivers chaos unto the world. But I did not and if you were to consult that Divine Library you would find I have had nothing to do with it. Or does the Library not contain such information? If not, then perhaps I will go down as a martyr, cursed by by my brethren for a goal alien to them. Still, punish me as you will for this action I did not commit."

Shout this, this time loud enough to be heard from the entire solar system, without harming or deafening anyone:

WORSHIPERS OF MAVNON, PEOPLE OF THE NEW KINGDOM! YOU ARE ALL FOOLED BY THIS ABOMINATION YOU CALL A GOD, THIS HORRENDOUS BEAST FEEL NOTHING BUT DISDAIN TOWARDS MORTALS, IMMORTALS AND GODS, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A TOY, A PAWN FOR THIS DEMON, YOUR DEATH, YOUR SUFFERING MEAN NOTHING TO THIS BEAST, IT EVEN ENJOY THE PAIN IT INFLICTS TO ALL OF YOU THROUGH WARFARE AND DESTRUCTION!! NEW KINGDOM! EVEN THOUGH YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ALL FREE FROM GODS, YOU ARE A PAWN OF MAVNON'S SCHEME OF DESTRUCTION! REALIZE THIS, OR DROWN IN THE BLOOD OF YOUR INNOCENT VICTIMS!!

Continue the destruction of any soldier from the new kingdom not smart enough to flee. Move to the closest battlefield once this one is done and resume the destruction. Do not chase those who run away from my range. Spare those who abandon mavnon or rebel against the new kingdom's false ideal.

As Lithus, help various people from the Aag kingdom to perform menial tasks, without stopping Luthus' rampage at the battlefield. Refuse to speak about Luthus' rampage or anything he says.

Make a single reply, also being heard throughout the solar system.

"Brother Luthus is so far off the mark here that he's gone and materialised in the war itself. In the not to distant future, please learn from his mistake and know not to extrapolate without definite evidence."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 13, 2015, 06:26:53 pm »

"Patronius, your concern is touching but focus on your own lands. I want my followers to hear this; its simply...delicious on how wrong Luthus is currently being."

"This is not entirely for you. I find that his action is intrusive and annoying to my/(our) followers. Besides, if he wants to spend all his Power trying to bypass it, than by all means. Less power to use against you."

"Besides, it's a very small expenditure on my part; it's also why I specified that if it wasn't enough, to focus on the Great Tribe and the Aspects in particular."

Don't block the sound from followers of Mavnon. If they worship both of us, do not block it. If they only worship myself, block it. Let Frederick hear it though; I'm sure he'll find it entertaining.

In short, this was an attempt far larger and far less concealed than Uthers to destroy what we built. I recommend the same treatment.

"Who made you King of the Gods? Did I miss the briefing?"

"You will do this over your dead body. You have no right, without proper evidence or trial, to imprison Mavnon. You will meet my full wrath if you continue to make these claims, demands, and/or attempts."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:31:01 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 13, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »

Shout at the entire solar system again, without harming or deafening anyone, and without stopping the rampage.

VILE DEMON, NEVER DARE TO CALL ME BROTHER AGAIN, I AM YOUR ANTITHESIS!
FIGHTING FOR YOUR PEOPLE IS INSANITY? MORE PROOF OF YOUR CALLOUS DISREGARD FOR ALL THAT EXISTS! PATRONIUS, YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THIS DEMON. PRINCE OF COWARDS, YOU HIDE BEHIND THIS FOUL BEAST! SLAVES OF THE GREEDY GOD, YOUR PATRON IS A CANCER TO REALITY!

NONE OF YOU TWO SHALL EVER HELP YOUR PEOPLE. NO, YOU WOULD NEED TO CARE, TO HAVE A OUNCE OF EMPATHY FOR THAT! HOW CAN ANYONE BUT THE MOST TWISTED LEECHES THAT PLAGUE THIS WORLD WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU TWO? PEOPLE OF THE CLAN RILEM, YOUR PATRON WILL NEVER COME TO YOUR HELP, HE ADMITTED IT HIMSELF! REBEL FROM YOUR TYRANT, FOR HE WILL NEVER GIVE ANYTHING IN RETURN FOR YOUR DEVOTION! PEOPLE OF THE GREAT TRIBE, REBEL AGAINST YOUR PATRON GOD, FOR HE SHALL GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT DICTATORS!

Use all of my remaining power to empower this message, allowing it to break through any form of resistance and have an increased effect on those who hear it.

(I canceled my previous expense to do this instead.)
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 13, 2015, 06:46:42 pm »

1E+3P: Stir up ciivil right movements in dwarven lands with the goal of eliminating the artificial race barrier between the Clan and Clanless Dwarves. [/b]

Mavon, my actions towards you and yours right now are purely out of eorry that you are doing something nasty and my ire towards you would end as soon as the godless kingdom does. If you proceed with this movement of yours, I might take it personaly and do something rash. Would you reconsider?

"I would like to mention that your "civil rights movements" are not desired by me. Clan dwarves and the first ones are different species. Nothing you can do can change that- oh wait."

"Different species? I scoff at that notion entirely. The only difference between a Rilem dwarf and a Clanless is phenotype; they are identical. When I forged them from my essence, I copied the dwarven genetics completely, only making modifications to phenotype and in most cases, these are but superficial. Indeed, the only difference is their views on alcohol and I assure you that is a cultural trait rather than genetic. Now tell me how and why promoting equality between the dwarven races is a bad thing. I have already tried to reach out diplomatically to the other Dwarves and seen my embassies rebuffed as non-dwarven. Do you know how insulting that is? To me? My children? And only because of the colour of their skin and shape of their eyes?"

"If you wanted normal dwarves you shouldn't have changed their skin color. Perhaps you could simply modify their genetics to become normal dwarves?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 13, 2015, 06:50:04 pm »

Shout at the entire solar system again, without harming or deafening anyone, and without stopping the rampage.

FIGHTING FOR YOUR PEOPLE IS INSANITY? MORE PROOF OF YOUR CALLOUS DISREGARD FOR ALL THAT EXISTS! PATRONIUS, YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THIS DEMON. PRINCE OF COWARDS, YOU HIDE BEHIND THIS FOUL BEAST! SLAVES OF THE GREEDY GOD, YOUR PATRON IS A CANCER TO REALITY!

NONE OF YOU TWO SHALL EVER HELP YOUR PEOPLE. NO, YOU WOULD NEED TO CARE, TO HAVE A OUNCE OF EMPATHY FOR THAT! HOW CAN ANYONE BUT THE MOST TWISTED LEECHES THAT PLAGUE THIS WORLD WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU TWO? PEOPLE OF THE CLAN RILEM, YOUR PATRON WILL NEVER COME TO YOUR HELP, HE ADMITTED IT HIMSELF! REBEL FROM YOUR TYRANT, FOR HE WILL NEVER GIVE ANYTHING IN RETURN FOR YOUR DEVOTION! PEOPLE OF THE GREAT TRIBE, REBEL AGAINST YOUR PATRON GOD, FOR HE SHALL GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT DICTATORS!

Use all of my remaining power to empower this message, allowing it to break through any form of resistance and have an increased effect on those who hear it.

"I'm pretty sure you're breaking the contract here. Or do I need to remind you? I ask that you stop trying to influence my worshipers."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 13, 2015, 06:50:09 pm »

The Godless kingdom certainly did not start on its own. It would make no sense for such kingdom to arise, not only most Gods had been rather nice to mortals, most if not all leaders have been blessed in one way or another. You, Mavon, are the only one who benefits, with all the other gods losing, there is no way...

Uther. The banished god. It might be his handiwork. To gain revenge on those who cast him down. Hmm. He should have all of his powers sealed though. He might have gained help from somewhere though.

Situation still points at you, Mavon, as the most likely instigator. Leaving clan Rilem alone is unlike the behavior of the kingdom. You wanting to end whatever conflict remains between Rilem and Dwarven nations is also strange. Benefit of the doubt will keep me from nailing you to a rock and throwing the rock into the sun but I still can't trust you enough to allow you to meddle with my creations.

"You will do this over your dead body. You have no right, without proper evidence or trial, to imprison Mavnon. You will meet my full wrath if you continue to make these claims, demands, and/or attempts."

Had you actually listened you'd had noticed I used the word RECCOMEND. Not order to, not I'll do so, did not even make any demands or proclaim any ultimatums. It is an action that would require agreement of several gods. I did not recommend death or any more severe punishment either. It is a decision left to other deities. Hardly something that I would need were I the king of gods. Your rather violent reaction almost makes me think that you may be involved somewhat in this whole mess. Wouldn't be surprising really, considering that the only nations which are not at war with Godless kingdom are yours and Mavons.

And seal would have a use whether Mavon is guilty or not. It would either cut off the tyrant from his fresh supply of war or would remove an innocent from the list of suspects.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 13, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »

The Godless kingdom certainly did not start on its own. It would make no sense for such kingdom to arise, not only most Gods had been rather nice to mortals, most if not all leaders have been blessed in one way or another. You, Mavon, are the only one who benefits, with all the other gods losing, there is no way...

Uther. The banished god. It might be his handiwork. To gain revenge on those who cast him down. Hmm. He should have all of his powers sealed though. He might have gained help from somewhere though.

Situation still points at you, Mavon, as the most likely instigator. Leaving clan Rilem alone is unlike the behavior of the kingdom. You wanting to end whatever conflict remains between Rilem and Dwarven nations is also strange. Benefit of the doubt will keep me from nailing you to a rock and throwing the rock into the sun but I still can't trust you enough to allow you to meddle with my creations.

Had you actually listened you'd had noticed I used the word RECCOMEND. Not order to, not I'll do so, did not even make any demands or proclaim any ultimatums. It is an action that would require agreement of several gods. I did not recommend death or any more severe punishment either. It is a decision left to other deities. Hardly something that I would need were I the king of gods. Your rather violent reaction almost makes me think that you may be involved somewhat in this whole mess. Wouldn't be surprising really, considering that the only nations which are not at war with Godless kingdom are yours and Mavons.

And seal would have a use whether Mavon is guilty or not. It would either cut off the tyrant from his fresh supply of war or would remove an innocent from the list of suspects.

"I sent a minion of sorts to look for Utther, but it failed. It seems clear to me that Utther, while probably not a full-fledged god right now, may in fact have some of his power back if he was able to hide from it. As a mortal, it shouldn't have been possible for him to evade it. Next tick I will use some Power to search for him."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 13, 2015, 07:00:36 pm »

"If you wanted normal dwarves you shouldn't have changed their skin color. Perhaps you could simply modify their genetics to become normal dwarves?"

"That is like saying a human of light complexion is not human, brother."

"Go ahead and seal me for a mortal age. You shall find quite quickly that the New Kingdom will not be weakened at all from my sabbatical. But once again, can you not look into the Library for knowledge?"

Once, again replying. "Oh? I do not recall stating that I would not help the Clan; they have proven themselves strong of heart and mind. . My dwarves of Rilem, you may leave my worship if you wish for that is your choice but know that I shall always support those who folloe my command."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:02:10 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 13, 2015, 07:10:07 pm »

"That is like saying a human of light complexion is not human, brother."

"Suppose all humans had dark complexion when they were created. A few thousand years later, some god creates a new group of light colored humans. How would the dark humans react to the light humans?"
Generic Arms Race.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 13, 2015, 07:18:29 pm »

"They'd find them alien, true. But they are still one species and after thousands of years of mingling, it is only right that all conflicts between the two are settled."

Speak to the Obelisk watcher and ask if he's enjoying the show.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:31:27 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 13, 2015, 07:25:28 pm »

Laughing.

"Species...meaningless to intelligent creatures...it is culture...ideals, values...these are the things that matter to any race that wishes to call itself civilized... appearances may be overlooked...or become accustomed to... but culture is what divides... or unites... do not pretend to desire this merely out of the goodness of your heart, Mavnon...I will not blame you for it, but come now...it is clear that  culture is the very reason you desire this unification... you wish to spread your ideals and influence to dwarves not of Clan Rilem..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:02 pm »

Lithus appears where the gods are debating. Glowing, blood red eyes, his labcoat missing and is with a neutral expression that is barely hiding a torrent of hatred. Luthus is still slaughtering his opponents on the battlefield. Lithus' message is clam, yet denote an obvious underlying rage, and is heard by the entire solar system.

Lies. All lies. Nothing but lies. Do you seriously believe anyone here is fooled by them?

I have no control over my twin. Even if I had any, it would be extremely unlikely for me to do anything to stop him.
Wasting lives is the vilest act that may ever exist. Souls have no impact on reality, they do not deserve any special privilege over mortals, mavnon. You say that you care for them only as a damage control measure, to give the impression that you care for something. Your choice on them was obvious, as saying that you believe they are important gives you no responsibility, and they can do nothing to interfere with your plans.

I came here because I could not resist the urge to stop your shower of lies, my twin is not in a state to do so.

Patronius, your involvement in this is so painfully obvious, why do you even bother to play mavon's act? As I said, Luthus is beyond any control. He is a hurricane, one unleashed by mavnon, you simply pay the price of helping this demon unleash it.

Utther, if he is involved in this in any way, is most certainly able to do so with the help of these two rats. They are of the same kind, a disease to all that was created, without their help of course. They are leeches on this reality, the sooner everyone realize this, the sooner we will be able to make the universe a better place. They are no different than the beasts that are driven out to allow civilizations to prosper, their elimination is merely a step of progress. A step that begins by abandoning them.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 13, 2015, 07:37:22 pm »

"My "involvement"? My "helping this demon?" I haven't aided Mavnon in any of his private affairs; what he does on his own time is his own concern. I also have no hand in any of this; I simply will not allow a God in the High Church to be "locked" in mortal form by a handful of angry deities. Now you will bite your tongue and apologize unless you wish to make an enemy of me."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 13, 2015, 07:40:36 pm »

Laughing.

"Species...meaningless to intelligent creatures...it is culture...ideals, values...these are the things that matter to any race that wishes to call itself civilized... appearances may be overlooked...or become accustomed to... but culture is what divides... or unites... do not pretend to desire this merely out of the goodness of your heart, Mavnon...I will not blame you for it, but come now...it is clear that  culture is the very reason you desire this unification... you wish to spread your ideals and influence to dwarves not of Clan Rilem..."

Mavnon sighed. "I do not expect you to believe the Liar when she tells the Truth, but my goal is not that. True, I have sent missionaries to the Dwarven Lands. True, I would desire more to follow my philosophy. But you must understand that this conflict of mere color disgusts me. It is...pointless. I do not expect a deity who focuses on plant life to understand why exactly I would do this, but think of all the greatness that could be achieved if only the dwarves had no barriers of colour..."

"...And when have I ever stated that culture was not important? When have I sought to subvert the dwarven culture, their way of life? No, I simply want relations between the dwarven groups to be that of camaraderie rather than the hostility as they are now. That is my goal with the dwarves, and currently my only goal with them."

Lithus appears where the gods are debating. Glowing, blood red eyes, his labcoat missing and is with a neutral expression that is barely hiding a torrent of hatred. Luthus is still slaughtering his opponents on the battlefield. Lithus' message is clam, yet denote an obvious underlying rage, and is heard by the entire solar system.

Lies. All lies. Nothing but lies. Do you seriously believe anyone here is fooled by them?

I have no control over my twin. Even if I had any, it would be extremely unlikely for me to do anything to stop him.
Wasting lives is the vilest act that may ever exist. Souls have no impact on reality, they do not deserve any special privilege over mortals, mavnon. You say that you care for them only as a damage control measure, to give the impression that you care for something. Your choice on them was obvious, as saying that you believe they are important gives you no responsibility, and they can do nothing to interfere with your plans.

I came here because I could not resist the urge to stop your shower of lies, my twin is not in a state to do so.

Patronius, your involvement in this is so painfully obvious, why do you even bother to play mavon's act? As I said, Luthus is beyond any control. He is a hurricane, one unleashed by mavnon, you simply pay the price of helping this demon unleash it.

Utther, if he is involved in this in any way, is most certainly able to do so with the help of these two rats. They are of the same kind, a disease to all that was created, without their help of course. They are leeches on this reality, the sooner everyone realize this, the sooner we will be able to make the universe a better place. They are no different than the beasts that are driven out to allow civilizations to prosper, their elimination is merely a step of progress. A step that begins by abandoning them.

"And that is the defining difference between us brother. You believe the body to be all important and the soul pointless. I believe the opposite. Perhaps that is why you have so much hate in you whereas I remain calm. And Lithus...do not even call me your antithesis. The only one to be honoured with that title is Uztot."

"My "involvement"? My "helping this demon?" I haven't aided Mavnon in any of his private affairs; what he does on his own time is his own concern. I also have no hand in any of this; I simply will not allow a God in the High Church to be "locked" in mortal form by a handful of angry deities. Now you will bite your tongue and apologize unless you wish to make an enemy of me."

"Patronius...enough. Let our brethren do as they wish; they know not what they do."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:46:57 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 13, 2015, 07:47:25 pm »

There are no real hostilities between Rilem and Dwarven clans. What is thought of them differentiates from dwarf to dwarf, and while there are some who hate them there are also some who think of them as comrades. They are exactly that - another clan. Rivals in peacetimes, potential allies in wartime. Yes there is cultural division, but I'd be willing o wager that greater part of the division hinges on how extremely abstinential Rilem are when it comes to alcohol.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 137