Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185843 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1650 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:56 pm »

""You" bloodthirsty tyrants. I assume you include me in this grouping, despite the fact that I have had no part in the attack on the Aag Nation?"

"Say your peice now brother. I do not pretend to understand you. Please, enlighten me. Why did you first ally yourself with Mavnon, and why is it that though you clearly have obligations to the High Church, and continue to have them throughout the confusion of Mavnon's lies, you claim inoccence? I am afraid I could not hear you over the shouting of Luthus."

((I've edited in responses in the post below your edits, Farg)

"Uztot, brother, have I made that not clear throughout all our discussions? We must give way to the mortals in time. At least, that is what I believe."

((Also letting you know I finished editing my previous post, if you want to respond to it.))
Split personality disorder?! You have no idea of what we are, and I would have to clarify that I am
Lithus, Luthus is resting after his battle.

You have no right to choose for us, and it is now obvious that my twin is not falling for the void, as he ended his battle. You no longer have any excuse to back your murder.

My brother is not hampering me, he is the one protecting me from the likes of you, interested in nothing but perpetrating needless bloodbaths in our lands. The only thing that would happen if you killed him would be my weakening and withering, something you surely hope to see...

The only reason why I opposed you in the first place was because you would refuse to end wasting lives needlessly while you could've easily avoided inflicting such pain without limiting your power. It is now clear that you are much worse than any of us could've expected. I did not want any part in this stupid war, all I want is to help mortals progress and lead better lives, but because of people like you I cannot, I am forced to waste all of my energies protecting this little inhospitable piece of sand from you bloodthirsty tyrants.

"No right? Perhaps. But I see this Luthus as only a blight upon your persona and ought be excised. It is clear you disagree and you are defensive of it.  I see there is no chance of eliminating him now, unfortunately. If you will not let me eliminate that malignant blight, allow someone else to do so. It is not healthy. And perhaps you would weaken at first once Luthus is gone, but surely you would regain that power and even greater heights in short time. But I doubt we'll ever see that now, yes?"

"And for the last time, this New Kingdom is not my creation. Kill me as you like, but I will die swearing that this Kingdom is not mine."

"Now Lithus, what other accusations must I answer for? I lie, I agree. I sponsored the annexation of the human lands, I agree. I sponsored the expansion of the cattle industry, I agree. I attempted to murder Luthus, I agree. What else do you ask of me?"

"I can certainly forsee a time in the distant future when I am not needed. But I also believe you are one of the very reasons that I am. I do believe we are going in circles again."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:57:47 pm by Vgray »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 15, 2015, 09:04:52 pm »

"No, someone like you will always be needed. Perhaps you will be weaker and less known, but Kinship is needed for what lies ahead; Conflict is not."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 15, 2015, 09:09:31 pm »

-Utther: Immediate execution, as the previous punishment proved to be ineffective. He is a much greater threat to our creation than previously thought.

"I support Utther's execution."

-Mavnon: Immediate execution and execution of all of his Immortals and disbanding of the clan rilem, the sheer madness of this deity is a threat to all that exist. Nothing will be safe for as long as she exist.

"I support Mavnon's execution but I do not support the execution of all his Immortals and I oppose the disbanding of Clan Rilem. Of his Immortals, we should punish only those that are proven to have aided him in his crimes. The rest for all we know have been unwitting pawns. As for the Clan Rilem, it is a poor sentence and a useless one. They are a people and to drive them apart is not justice. They would also reform later, possibly under another name. I instead propose that they provide compensation and freedom to those they have conquered."

-Patronius: Mortal binding and execution of Frederick, The only of the three who seems to have any chance to repent from his crimes, there is a good chance that patronius has no idea of what he brought himself into. This punishment will allow us to see whenever it is true.

"I oppose execution of Frederick. Frederick, for all we know, has only been managing the Great Tribe as per Patronius' request. Patronius, I'll remind, is the only one who we can consider pardoning and so his creations should also be considered for pardon. I abstain on the mortal binding of Patronius."

"Suffice to say, you my brothers will have me killed and I am quite ready to die, as long as my last wishes are honoured, although I believe I have little power to stop you anyway if they are not."

"Truly? That is good. It is good that you are ready to die. Normally I might have been moved by your words and considered forgiveness, but you constantly lie and I am tired of being manipulated. Tell me your wishes before I carry out my next action and I'll see what I can do about honouring them."

Create a sword using all my Essence. Empower it with all my Power and enough Crux (as Power) to carry out the following action: kill Mavnon with the sword. Once he is dead, I siphon whatever Essence, Power, and Crux is left in his body. Siphon the Essence and Power from his blade. If I fail the siphoning of either, I will toss them into the sun. If the sun fails to destroy them, I'll take them to my afterlife.
If the siphoning is successful:
If Mavnon still has a body afterwards, I'll take it into my afterlife and keep it there. If the blade still exists, I will drop it in a volcano.

The sword I plan to make is the same one I described to you in the PM. Use Crux if the pantheon discount isn't enough to make it.

EDIT: Fire a 100% power amulet Soul blast during the fight.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:54:04 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:17 pm »

(He meant mortal binding patronius and executing Frederick silly.)

"Stay your hand Sister. It is not for any one of us to pass judgement on one of our kin. We must hear the voices of the others."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 15, 2015, 09:15:34 pm »

"I've already told Lithus. Suffice to say, I do not believe you will heed them. But I shall repeat them once more. The uplifting of mortals and their eventual replacement of the gods. Now sister, time for our last duel, yes?"

Use the Blade of Light to fight Iliseth if she attacks.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:44:38 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: July 15, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »

"You seem to misunderstand my relationship with Mavnon; we are in a pantheon, but this by no means that we perform everything together. I have given her no assistance in her private actions; and though she is a member of the High Church, this does not mean that the High Church is evil. It's more of...we both live in the same household, as roomates. We pay our rent and help each other out around the house, but aside from that whatever she does is her business. Being affiliated with an "evil" person - as you put it, though such labels are unbefitting of gods - does not make one guilty of anything."

"And honestly, this entire thing is just a Lynch Mob. This is exactly why leadership is required - the rule of the majority is too easily influenced by trivial quarrels and concerns."

"One more thing. Frederick is NOT my creation. I have never forced my will upon him, though I will admit that he is undyingly loyal to me. Punishing him would be simply stupid and simply be to reduce my own power. So tell me, is that what this is all about?"
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

"Stay your hand Sister. It is not for any one of us to pass judgement on one of our kin. We must hear the voices of the others."
(That....makes a lot more sense. I'll redo that paragraph.)

"He caused the Great Flood, killing countless people. He allied himself with Utther. He started wars without provocation. He's told us lies about something that could very well destroy us all. These are all reasons why the other gods should decide to execute him, but I have my own legitimate reasons for killing him.
He started an illegal and aggressive war against my people, killing hundreds and possibly thousands. He oppresses the worship of me within his lands. He's lied to me and manipulated me more times than I can count. He plans or planned to work my people under threat of divine punishment, assuming he hadn't done so already. Finally, we are still at war and I can kill him without the permission of any others, especially since he's the aggressor."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:25:05 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:42 pm »

"Interesting, how you call three gods a mob, when our brothers and sisters have yet to speak."

"He caused the Great Flood, killing countless people. He allied himself with Utther. He started wars without provocation. He's told us lies about something that could very well destroy us all. These are all reasons why the other gods should decide to execute him, but I have more own legitimate reasons for killing him.
He started an illegal and aggressive war against my people, killing hundreds and possibly thousands. He oppresses the worship of me within his lands. He's lied to me and manipulated me more times than I can count. He plans or planned to work my people under threat of divine punishment, assuming he hadn't done so already. Finally, we are still at war and I can kill him without the permission of any others, especially since he's the aggressor."

Uztot sighs.

"I will fight both of you if I have to. Otherwise, I fear you would not be able to take back being the sole executioner of a god."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:27:01 pm by Vgray »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: July 15, 2015, 09:26:12 pm »

"He caused the Great Flood, killing countless people. He allied himself with Utther. He started wars without provocation. He's told us lies about something that could very well destroy us all. These are all reasons why the other gods should decide to execute him, but I have more own legitimate reasons for killing him.

"I must note that your worship is still allowed, if closely watched to ensure you are not stirring rebellion. Also, only those humans who resisted were made servants, and only for time. But yes, you have every right to fight me. Come now, let us duel."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:27:45 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 15, 2015, 09:28:23 pm »

"I've already told Lithus. Suffice to say, I do not believe you will heed them. But I shall repeat them once more. The uplifting of mortals and their eventual replacement of the gods. Now sister, time for our last duel, yes?"

Use the Blade of Light to fight Iliseth if he attacks.
(This would've been fairly poetic, but then you went and called Iliseth a 'he'. Also, I kinda missed this the first time around.)

"The uplifting I can certainly do, but I think I'd rather have them as alternatives or equals to gods rather than their replacements. Why do you defend yourself, though? Did you not say you were prepared to face our justice?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: July 15, 2015, 09:30:37 pm »

"Personal attacks? I believe you were the one to start them brother. But if you except the void entity, then I have no excuse to not be punished. It is a fitting fate, yes?"

This hasty cover up of your actions at the library are the easiest to dismantle. You obviously intended to bring this stolen knowledge to your territory, proposing to spread it everywhere after being caught change nothing to your initial intentions. You have more to loose by seeing your plot unveiled than by loosing this opportunity to obtain a technological advantage. And might I point out that your proposition do not fix any of the problems of your action? You still achieve the same level of technology as the rest of the world.

"Exactly. Everyone will be on an equal playing field, leading to greater need for change."

Now moving to the cattle... Really? Is that your only defense? A claim with no evidence backing it? You had shown no intention to do such a thing before, why suddenly make this move if what you say is true?

"Let us look back at the obelisk."

Illyria reports that the CR Dwarves have indeed attempted to use livestock. The have also experimented with using plant life, enemy combatants, captured enemies, and sharing the burden between groups. None are particularly successful, and this is only the beginning of the list of their attempts. She reports that it seems almost impossible for the average Portabanii to borrow energy from an unwilling being, the limited success they have was when the Portabani had raised the livestock themselves. Never the less, they follow your orders and begin raising livestock as demanded.

Tell Illyria to teach some CRDs the proper use of Portal Magic. Make it a point that they are supposed to sacrifice livestock and not to use their own memories. Furthermore, a government ministry will ensure that there are sufficient livestock to support the needs of the Portabani. This livestock will be raised in the newly conquered territories. Inhabitants will be encouraged to begin raising livestock via decreased taxation. Indentured servants will be forced to work as shepherds/farmhands. If no one is willing to undergo the process...well there is a reason I'm the goddess of Conflict. Force them to on the pain of divine punishment.
"To be true, I had assumed the dwarves would be intelligent enough to sacrifice animals for this magic. I seem to have overestimated them which is a shame as I had thought them as my favoured children. Luckily, my other side projects have born fruit. Clan Rilem has been given enough tools. If they can't make use of my gifts, they may as well fade into memory and allow others to triumph."

Cattle: ((Just realized this should be "library" instead, the cattle bit is with the portal one.))
You still fail to answer my point, mavnon.

Portals:
These passages do not show an intention to use portals as an exclusive mean of transportation as you claimed, the only thing I can see is you trying to teach the use of portal magic in a way only you can match in terms of cruelty and disdain.

((I've edited in responses in the post below your edits, Farg)

"Uztot, brother, have I made that not clear throughout all our discussions? We must give way to the mortals in time. At least, that is what I believe."

snip
"No right? Perhaps. But I see this Luthus as only a blight upon your persona and ought be excised. It is clear you disagree and you are defensive of it.  I see there is no chance of eliminating him now, unfortunately. If you will not let me eliminate that malignant blight, allow someone else to do so. It is not healthy. And perhaps you would weaken at first once Luthus is gone, but surely you would regain that power and even greater heights in short time. But I doubt we'll ever see that now, yes?"

"And for the last time, this New Kingdom is not my creation. Kill me as you like, but I will die swearing that this Kingdom is not mine."

"Now Lithus, what other accusations must I answer for? I lie, I agree. I sponsored the annexation of the human lands, I agree. I sponsored the expansion of the cattle industry, I agree. I attempted to murder Luthus, I agree. What else do you ask of me?"

Before I vomit out of disgust, let me address one of your point, I did not imply that you were the creator of the new kingdom in this argument you responded, only that you encourage it to bring war, as you greatly benefit from this.
Lithus vanishes for a few seconds, and returns, obviously sick.

BASED on what do YOU bring these accusations on my brother?! I have brought plenty of evidences backing my claims, I intend you do do the same...

...Or not. You admitted it yourself earlier, you lie to bring anger. You hope to bring me in another outburst of rage? I would no longer talk with logic, and would be easy to paint as insane and wrong, just as you did when my twin went on the battlefield. I will not fall for this, but know that I am already boiling with rage, I will not calm down until you and your allies are no longer a threat, whenever it implies your death or imprisonment or not. I will not burst with rage either, as I now know that it would only help you.

""You" bloodthirsty tyrants. I assume you include me in this grouping, despite the fact that I have had no part in the attack on the Aag Nation?"

Oh patronius, do you know why I have almost no accusation on you? I do not believe you are a threat to anyone. Your only crime so far was to ally with the wrong people, even though you were very eager to go to war before I proposed this treaty. Treaty that I hope will still hold once this is all over, despite my previous insinuations of the opposite. No one has anything to win from an open conflict between our nations, except perhaps mavnon, but we are all already used to the fact that it is always the case.

So, do I believe you are a "Bloodthirsty Tyrant"? No, at worst you are ally of one, or a harmless one. This is why I recommend that we no longer interact with each other in the mortal worlds, and why I believe you should stay calm and wait for the storm to pass, before you loose your only chance to avoid it.

Fakedit:

I see no problem with Illiseth's proposed changes, and so I do not oppose them. I had forgotten Frederick's origins and I will agree to spare him and the other innocent immortals. The actions taken towards the clan rilem you propose are acceptable, but I will also request any means to avoid the clan to conduct revenge or worship a corpse, if that is the wish of the majority.

And Illiseth, wait for those of us who didn't spoke to voice their opinion. This is not a lynch mob, as patronius seems to believe and knowing mavnon, she probably have some form of trap or scheme for you should you try to fight him, the majority will be able to deal with her according to the final judgement.

Truedit: I missed more stuff X____X
((and the fakedit is addressed at your character, andres))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:12:35 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 15, 2015, 09:35:37 pm »

And Illiseth, wait for those of us who didn't spoke to voice their opinion. This is not a lynch mob, as patronius seems to believe and knowing mavnon, she probably have some form of trap or scheme for you should you try to fight him, the majority will be able to deal with her according to the final judgement.
"This fight between me and Mavnon is one of war as well as justice. Assuming I'd have to wait for judgement for the gods to execute him, I wouldn't have to wait to kill him as my military enemy. As he is the aggressor and we are of the same pantheon in a defensive alliance, I ask that you, Uztot, and Teburshe help me in this military matter. There will be blood for the goddess of blood!"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:38:19 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 15, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »

Uztot considers the spear in his hand, deep in thought.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 15, 2015, 09:40:24 pm »

No. This is most likely a trap. If this is your wish, you will be the one to bring the punishment, but you will wait for the help of the others. I will not let her have a last victory, this is too good of a death for him.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 15, 2015, 09:41:38 pm »

"I have been convinced privately not to pursue these actions. Mavnon, you will await trial as normal."

(Cancelling actions. Because Mavnon's attacking me was to be done only if I attacked him, Mavnon will not attack me.)

EDIT: (I cancelled my actions by striking through them.)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 137