Tarkir. Charge the Frontier!
- 1 (12.5%)
Ravnica. City of Light. City of Magic.
- 6 (75%)
Theros. The gods watch over us.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC  (Read 18900 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though Magic the Gathering interests me, I have little in the way of actual knowledge. I'll see if I can piggyback on Powder Miner in order to join.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Meh, I think I'll pass on this. Too complicated.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Same with Descent into Madness :(
I'll get it eventually

I do have to say that the level of restriction is pretty daunting, buuut I'll manage.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

You'd have to learn mana barb. As for effect, it does as is written, except exchange Tap a land for channels mana.

Are you sure PN? I can help walk you through character creation.

If you need help, I can assist. It's my Job as GM :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, the reason for the Level of Restriction is for Possible comboes that can be created. Since each person starts at level 1, I decided that having a Turn 1 win condition (Such as Time Walk) are not available right off the bat.

For a slight look at my reward system: Rare spells can be taught by Sufficently powerful creatures, or by legendary creatures or other Planeswalkers. This takes time, but is a reward in itself. Mythic rare spells, on the other hand, are earned by accomplishing various feats and missions, such as besting Jace in a Battle of wits, or somehow killing a Legendary creature.

Also, On the note of Lands. Aaything that's non-basic that has an effect, can not be gained normally, but you 'can' get the ability of that land (So long as it's not sacrifce) added to your character's Keywords section as a reward. An example being: If you make it into Nyx, you gain Nythkos, Shrine to Nyx's devotion ability.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, so is there any way to guarantee a chance to get an opportunity to get a particular rare or mythic rare near the start of the game or even at any point in the game? I had intended to base my deck off of Descent Into Madness (a particularly... niche mythic) but it will be a little difficult to make Descent into Madness' unique effect happen without Descent into Madness.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Any card that's part of a core set, or is part of the plane that you are currently in can be gained as a reward. As for Opportunity to get a rare or mythic, There is always an opportunity. That's the fun in roleplaying :)

Okay, so this is slight spoilers but I'll put it in for those that do want to know:

EDIT: Oh, before I forget, Mythics are exempt from the Plane rule. You can gain them at any reward location. A reward pool usually contains 7 Uncommon, 8 Rare, and 5 Mythic. May change depending on Conditions.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:33:39 pm by Sanure »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ligeia, Medusa Priestess of Pharika
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well then, this would be my temporary character. Still lacking spells, which I will give some more consideration. (Even might change her into GGB)
I am a bit unsure if Gorgon's Head is OP, or the passive "Deathtouch" Ability is too pricey... If I am allowed to do "this", would warrant an answer ;3

Edit: Spells added, Changed Background from Necromancer to Priestess. Who knew the gorgons had their own, fitting god? Well, I didn't. ;p
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:33:02 am by escaped lurker »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Her Toughness would be three. As a single Build point can increase Toughness or Power by 2, or both by 1.

As for Gorgon's head, If you bought it, and you have it equiped, you have deathtouch if you activate the equipment for it's equip cost. :3
My example for this is Mira and her Fireshrieker, which gives doublestrike for three mana.
I actively encourage Min-maxing, by the way.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:58:16 pm by Sanure »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Would it be ok if I reserved a spot, I don't know much about MTG but I've always been interested
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mythics being exempt from the plane is pretty great for me :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:27:20 pm by Powder Miner »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Her Toughness would be three. As a single Build point can increase Toughness or Power by 2, or both by 1.

As for Gorgon's head, If you bought it, and you have it equiped, you have deathtouch if you activate the equipment for it's equip cost. :3
My example for this is Mira and her Fireshrieker, which gives doublestrike for three mana.
I actively encourage Min-maxing, by the way.

Huh. Must've over-read that part about Toughness / Power. I think everything should be in order by now.
Also made slight changes to the background, as I discovered a very fitting godess. Huh.

Well, I actually would really like it, if she herself could do that trick, instead of carrying around part of a corpse of one of her own. Then again, an Item can be destroyed, so there's that, I guess.

~

Any thoughts, possible improvements or somesuch to my library, are actually welcome. Most of my MtG knowledge stems from '97 Shandalar Single-Player PC-Game, and even then it is some years since I've played that gem.

Else, people sure seem to like black 'round here ;o

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just wanted to Descent into Madness :p

In other news, what's to stop someone abusing the low life and instant manapools to just whip out a flurry of a couple burn instants and obliterate their opponent on the spot?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I might respec into blue draw for shits. And because Counterspell/counterspell/counterspell/mindbreak shuts down EVERYTHING. And can be combod lategame into a mirror timewarp/walk for the most retarded control wins ever.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:11:58 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Will make character later.

Took a nap.

Never found the spiders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27