Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811072 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1155 on: July 09, 2015, 04:24:48 pm »

I think it specifically killed FEV mutants
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 09, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

It's specifically FEV, and it kills basically everyone.

It's the exact same thing as the one in Fallout 2 except waterborne instead of airborne.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 09, 2015, 05:24:59 pm »

As your parents were from the wastes, drinking the purified water would've killed you if you bought Broken Steel.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:15:00 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 09, 2015, 05:52:41 pm »

Yeah, if you insert the virus, you die if you drink enough of the water (or, if you suffer from a particular bug, whenever anyone anywhere drank enough of the water).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1159 on: July 09, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »

i mean if they could get it to kill all the horrible mutants around the wasteland that would obviously be great. things like the tunnelers are apparently a huge threat that could cause vary big problems. if you had to sacrifice the still sane ghouls and super mutants i would think that a fair trade as it would definitely save sooo many people.
I disagree- maybe if they were literally on the verge of extinction vs the tunnelers, sure.
But you can't just genocide the perfectly-sane supermuties & ghouls and call it a 'fair sacrifice'. Not unless you're one of them & speak for all of them.
Instead, you should go back to your labs & keep tweaking it to avoid the collateral damage.
Throwing them under the bus to save yourself, ESPECIALLY when you aren't in immediate peril, (tunnelers-wiping-out-cities kind of peril), is very morally questionable.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 09, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »

also it's super mutants, ghouls and anyone else who has ever been exposed to FEV

which is everyone

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 09, 2015, 06:11:26 pm »

Not a pure-blooded enclave-vaulted Poseidon approved human?  Die by our genocidal virus mutant.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 10, 2015, 05:47:47 am »

I just finished the main story (and DLCs except Point Lookout) of FO3, so I've got solid info: the description President Eden gives is that it [paraphrased, probably] "kills everyone who has any sort of mutation". He points out that this means everyone you ever met outside of the Vault and the Enclave. He also says that "thanks to your upbringing in the Vault, you would also be immune."

That last part is a lie, based on what others have said, but other than that it seems it even kills those who were affected simply by radiation. Which is practically any- and everyone in the Wasteland. (Dunno how the Enclave wouldn't get affected)
I'm not quite sure how you differentiate between random mutations and radiation/FEV-caused mutations though, but I guess we can leave that out as a plothole, because Modified FEV. Then again, Eden might be wrong and it'll slowly kill everyone.
Not sure if it only affects humans or animals as well. I can imagine that it kills everyone with non-standard human DNA/structure, so it would basically turn the already empty wasteland into an even more empty wasteland. That's why it's an option that I'd only choose if I was really going for a "bad karma choices only" playthrough, since even an evil character should see that this option would probably just extinct all life in the Capital Wasteland. (Since most Vaults are already opened and affected by the outside radiation, dead or abandoned.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 10, 2015, 05:53:12 am »

Yes, the Enclave modified FEV kills everything.  Full stop, period, end of statement.  If you are not inoculated against it (which Enclave/Poseidon Oil personnel are) then you die, and so does everything around you.  This is the reason that everyone calls the Enclave cartoonishly evil, their plan will obliterate every trace of life on Earth that is not within their gene-banks or inside a sealed Vault (according to Fallout 2 they have samples of everything they need to re-start the world).
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 10, 2015, 06:34:17 am »

But that's Eden's plan. The rest of the enclave rebel against him. If they wanted to actually enact his plan, they would've taken the virus and put it into the purifier themselves.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 10, 2015, 07:12:52 am »

But that's Eden's plan. The rest of the enclave rebel against him. If they wanted to actually enact his plan, they would've taken the virus and put it into the purifier themselves.
Nope. That was also Fallout 2 Enclave's plan. Except airborne instead of stuffing it in a purifier.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 10, 2015, 07:55:20 am »

Yeah... on that note, why do we need to stop Colonel Autumn from starting the Purifier? Sure, it's probably bad if it's in Enclave hands, but we could easily take it over if it came to that. Liberty Prime could've easily had the diagnostics and tests run on it.
He definitely doesn't want to use the Modified FEV or he wouldn't have a problem with Eden.
I don't think he even has the virus with him.

Well nevermind, this is irrelevant to FO4. Let's hope they do a bit better with the writing this time and try and adopt a more grey stance. Something like being able to serve both sides with good and bad karma choices would be nice. FONV, IIRC, had some such choices (eradicate vs help, but helping was actually preferred since it made more forces available). Something like subjugation, not just extermination or alliance, along those lines.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 10, 2015, 12:01:13 pm »

Yeah... on that note, why do we need to stop Colonel Autumn from starting the Purifier? Sure, it's probably bad if it's in Enclave hands, but we could easily take it over if it came to that. Liberty Prime could've easily had the diagnostics and tests run on it.
He definitely doesn't want to use the Modified FEV or he wouldn't have a problem with Eden.
I don't think he even has the virus with him.

Well nevermind, this is irrelevant to FO4. Let's hope they do a bit better with the writing this time and try and adopt a more grey stance. Something like being able to serve both sides with good and bad karma choices would be nice. FONV, IIRC, had some such choices (eradicate vs help, but helping was actually preferred since it made more forces available). Something like subjugation, not just extermination or alliance, along those lines.
If you want an example made by Bethesda themselves, The Pitt was pretty damn grey. You had to choose between freeing the slaves, but destroying what could become an advanced society in the process, or help that society not only thrive, and maybe curing a dangerous mutation in the process, at the cost of continuing slavery.

This proves that Bethesda actually can pull it off, just that more often than not they don't for some reason.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:14 pm »

Compare Morrowind - > Oblivion - > Skyrim and you'll see why. Assuming it's a conscious decision on Beth's part, that is.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 10, 2015, 01:18:07 pm »

I heard that Oblivion actually had a worse main story than Skyrim. Something about it being "horribly generic in both setting and tone".

I can't really tell since I've never played Oblivion. But as far as the civil war conflict in Skyrim goes, it's pretty gray. 'cept for the whole "Empire was gonna execute you" thing. The rest is basically "choose between horrible racists or a stagnant inefficient empire that bans religions"
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 462