Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811149 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #2985 on: November 10, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »

On an unrelated note, the legendary drops are pretty sweet (and the enemies are Q.Q).

Yeah. I've found a Legendary Radroach. That's one thing I wasn't expecting, for sure.

Have you gotten a legendary sentrybot yet? FUCKING. TERRIFYING. I ran into it at night and it lit everything up in something like a 20m radius.

Yes. That's when I decided I could NOT play on Very Hard, and that I needed better weapons. He's sitting there quietly while I try to find some nuke to throw at him.  :P

I also saw Dogmeat beat the shit of a Feral Ghoul Roamer, throwing him to the ground and all that. There are some details and animations that go down on combat now that makes it all really neat.
The way Ghouls work now are really cool. Except when they don't stop coming and you forget to look at your HP bar.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: November 10, 2015, 02:59:59 pm »

Goodness, yes, when there's a swarm of 5-7 plus a Glowing One or something. x.x

I really am surprised by how much I like Dogmeat in combat. That dog's judo throw is quite helpful.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: November 10, 2015, 03:03:32 pm »

You'll probably want that perk that increases core use time, then.
Is Power Armor upgrading modular like regular armor is?
Which one is that?

And yeah, it is.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: November 10, 2015, 03:32:35 pm »

How does it play guys? Buy or not to buy?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: November 10, 2015, 03:32:56 pm »

runs great with 6gb system ram 2gb vram, tho i had to reduce texture resolution manually to high as autosetup put everything on ultra.
P-P-PARDON
GO ON
YES WHAT I MAY JUST HAVE PERKED UP LIKE A TINY DOG WOULD
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: November 10, 2015, 03:34:17 pm »

If you like the Fallout 3/NV games and Skyrim go for it. lots of content.
If you didn't like the format of those games, then I'd say pass.

From what I played last night I enjoyed it quite a bit so far.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: November 10, 2015, 04:20:10 pm »

If you like the Fallout 3/NV games and Skyrim go for it. lots of content.
If you didn't like the format of those games, then I'd say pass.

From what I played last night I enjoyed it quite a bit so far.

I think it's also fair to mention that someone who liked Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim but remembers all the annoyances, should know that the annoyances have been minimized.
Like simply giving your companion gear, and pressing button to tell them to equip it. I had to mod Skyrim for that to work properly without pissing me off, for instance.

And the best feature, of course, is finding something like a dog bandana and equipping Dogmeat with it.
He's wearing a skull bandana, so cute!
I think I already like this dog too much.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 10, 2015, 04:46:58 pm »

I honestly think that I will leave him at home/base/whatever. With all the annoyances evident in companions, and my tendency to stick to a stealthy playstyle in combat, they just don't seem worth the hassle of accidentally triggering an enemy into a cautioned state and OH SHIT GOTTA GO HAM RAAAAAWR.

Plus, Skyrim's companions in particular were really bad about not hitting traps and getting stuck on them. Repeatedly. Until you got bored and killed or dismissed them.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: November 10, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »

They were the only pack mules, though.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 10, 2015, 05:12:23 pm »

Since I can't play for a few days, I started listening to the Canticle for Liebowitz.  Since it's said to have inspired the BoS and, to some extent, Fallout itself!  I haven't got far, but the first 1.5 episodes seem pretty nice.  I think the site has a bunch of other old radio shows too!

http://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/A_Canticle_for_Liebowitz.php
(I know it's based on a book but this is far more convenient)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: November 10, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »

With 300 base carrying capacity, I honestly never felt the need for pack mules.  Then again, I eventually took to using the bandoliers mod that greatly boosted your carrying capacity even further.  Definitely helps with avoiding pack mules. :P

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 10, 2015, 05:27:05 pm »

Computer doesn't have the reqs to run it and I had to refund. So unless I want to blow 700 bucks on a new laptop, RIP Fallout.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: November 10, 2015, 05:38:30 pm »

Finally played this game for like two hours. It's pretty cool. Can't wait to actually get the perks and stuff so I can make cool guns and upgrade my power armor eee.

Really, this game is easy to describe. It's a Bethesda game. Longer version: It has quite a few neat QoL things such as being able to browse small inventories easily without opening a menu or pausing the game. However, it also has a companion of questionable utility which I feel morally obliged to keep alive, so there's that. I may also just leave him, take the solo perk and play solo, like in Skyrim. Also, random junk has a use now, which is pretty cool!

Has anybody been using the app? I didn't order a pip-boy, but I did end up squeeing at the demo mode of the app for a good ten minutes :P
Didn't bother to hook it up yet, but the map looks pretty convenient.

And man, I'm having a hard time choosing perks. There's just soo many, and I have no idea how useful any of them are and there's so many of them x.x

Spoiler: very small spoilers (click to show/hide)

Which reminds me, the dialogue subtitles seem really buggy, especially when there's multiple people talking. I also can't just read and then skip the speech,because you can't skip. Oh well, that'll be easily modded.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: November 10, 2015, 05:52:20 pm »

Which reminds me, the dialogue subtitles seem really buggy, especially when there's multiple people talking. I also can't just read and then skip the speech,because you can't skip. Oh well, that'll be easily modded.

I've found the subtitles pretty buggy, but I can skip with my controller (yes, I know, but I'm used to it for Fallout) with the a button.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: November 10, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »

Maybe I'm just not determined enough :v
I will keep trying.  did I mention I named my character frisk?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 462