Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811206 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #3495 on: November 16, 2015, 12:48:03 am »

This game is making me notice how insane I can be. I have crates full of stuff in at least 4 settlements (as I try to estabilish "local bases so I don't have to keep fast traveling all the way back to Sanctuary).
I probably never even gonna have the patience to sell all that.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: November 16, 2015, 12:52:19 am »

Holy shit. I just found the best settlement area in the game. And it is a massive, massive pain to unlock.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: November 16, 2015, 03:10:21 am »

I just hope that lore in future games will recognize the player settlements. I doubt it, though. We'd be lucky if they ever mention the Commonwealth.
Imagine if they went the FO1->FO2 route, and in FO5/whatever you could see the player settlements from the Commonwealth become a superpower rivaling NCR!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: November 16, 2015, 04:52:26 am »

Man, the SPECIAL bobbleheads are almost all really clustered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I require your knowledge sir
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: November 16, 2015, 05:00:15 am »

I honestly find it weird that someone said that paper money is useless and only good for toilet paper (really expensive toilet paper)

Since I thought that paper money wasn't useless but rather that it was so uncommon that it became an extremely unreliable source of currency (though Fallout 3, NV, and 4 seem to throw TONS of it at you), yet there are millions of bottlecaps still lying around.

Supported by the fact that paper money even is worth more then bottlecaps.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: November 16, 2015, 05:07:11 am »

Well, considering that one item of old-war money is a pretty thick stack, and... I dunno, if a bottlecap is worth about a current dollar each, then about three bucks for a good, thick roll of toilet paper would work.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: November 16, 2015, 05:46:05 am »

I remember using cigarettes (at least cartons and packs) as currency in previous games too (not as actual currency but junk with better than normal value), but in FO4, pre-war money and cigarettes are considered "junk" and get filtered that way. Somewhat annoying in my opinion.

Although I have 5000 caps and I have done almost no trading at all, so... I do have two ranks in the "more caps" luck perk but that's a lot of money to have found just randomly.

Re:bobbleheads, I'm more concerned that I am missing valuable magazine collectibles than I am in missing bobbleheads. The SPECIAL stats don't seem too important now that you can just put a point in them whenever you level up, but some of the mags give unique bonuses.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: November 16, 2015, 06:03:51 am »

Yeah I will say that earning money hand over fist is rather easy in this game versus the others.

I am not there quite yet but I suspect this might have the same situation as Skyrim where you actually have a lot more assets then you do money because there simply aren't enough places to sell everything.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:33 am »

Also, Bethesda's idea of romanceable companions is laughable :)

Indeed it is. The only difference it makes is the Lover's Comfort when sleeping. And I expected that at least hand's holding would happen. Nope.
It's a really weird thing. As you said "I wuv u / I wuv u too now we're together" and it stays like that. It feels half-made.
I was also not interested in a dating sim. But this is really weird.

Then again, all the stuff I found weird/disliked/got a bit annoyed by, can be fixed through patches or DLCs. Mods could just overhaul all that..but why do I get a feeling that modders are gonna have a hard time in this one? With UI and API stuff, I mean. I wonder how extensible they made it.

Well they managed to make some pretty decent animation work on Kellogg
so I don't really think it should have been that hard. In the grand scope of the game it doesn't mean a thing of course but it just feels like lazy work since they actually went out of their way to advertise romance-able companions.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: November 16, 2015, 06:19:02 am »

I remember using cigarettes (at least cartons and packs) as currency in previous games too (not as actual currency but junk with better than normal value), but in FO4, pre-war money and cigarettes are considered "junk" and get filtered that way. Somewhat annoying in my opinion.
Cigarette cartons and packs were used in Fallout New vegas: Dead Money DLC to gain local money. Maybe you were remembering that?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: November 16, 2015, 06:38:56 am »

Re:bobbleheads, I'm more concerned that I am missing valuable magazine collectibles than I am in missing bobbleheads. The SPECIAL stats don't seem too important now that you can just put a point in them whenever you level up, but some of the mags give unique bonuses.
I want to know where they are because I want to make a character with 11 base in all stats as a challenge :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: November 16, 2015, 06:53:12 am »

The "they use caps as money" thing was mostly a joke in the beginning, iirc. They didn't want to go full Barter or use ammo as currency for design reasons, the currency would actually be was more of an unimportant sidethought. If I recall correctly another contender was credit cards - the actual cards themselves, that is. So it's not really worth thinking too much about.

Also, spoilers for a certain place northeast of Sanctuary:
Love, scriver~

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: November 16, 2015, 06:55:48 am »

Well, considering that one item of old-war money is a pretty thick stack, and... I dunno, if a bottlecap is worth about a current dollar each, then about three bucks for a good, thick roll of toilet paper would work.
There's a Game Theory video on how much caps are worth.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: November 16, 2015, 07:05:29 am »

Cigarette cartons and packs were used in Fallout New vegas: Dead Money DLC to gain local money. Maybe you were remembering that?
No, I did that as well. Cigarette cartons and packs were very weight-efficient loot.

Man, the SPECIAL bobbleheads are almost all really clustered.
I require your knowledge sir
Spoiler: STR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: END (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CHA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: INT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AGI (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LUK (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: November 16, 2015, 07:07:47 am »

In Fallout Wasteland Edition for 3 you can open the packs and smoke the resulting cigarettes like a regular chem.
Cartons are no joke if you need stimulation and... Some other things I forgot.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 462