Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811161 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:12 pm »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »

So it seems likely F4 will not have any skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:00 pm »

I rewatched that gameplay trailer, now with the luxury of pausing and going back, and picked out a few interesting bits:

-Showing off the armor at the beginning - is that third one some kind of air force flightsuit?

There's a picture doing the rounds somewhere (I think it was on PC Gamer) of the character in jetpack (working) power armour - so it could well be!

The trailer does include a power armored player using a jetpack, so this has been pretty much confirmed.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:22 pm »

Color me not surprised at all. If true that would be exactly what I expected: it can't be a Bethesda sequel if it doesn't include less mechanics than the previous game.

Anyways, since I haven't been following any of the FO4 news, did they announce paid mods for FO4?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 15, 2015, 12:35:50 pm »

No, but they announced that the Xbone users will get to use mods. for free.

Edit: Apparently skills will be in the game in one form or another.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:47:06 pm by Krevsin »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2015, 12:46:27 pm »

I seriously doubt a Bethesda game would work completely without skills. I wouldn't be surprised if they've simplified the system yet again, but I'm willing to bet skills are just folded under the SPECIAL or perk tabs now.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2015, 12:48:31 pm »

I seriously doubt a Bethesda game would work completely without skills. I wouldn't be surprised if they've simplified the system yet again, but I'm willing to bet skills are just folded under the SPECIAL or perk tabs now.

If all skills relate to a core stat in some way, I can totally see someone at Bethesda going "Well then there's no need for skills anymore is there, just use the stat."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:49 pm »

If all skills relate to a core stat in some way, I can totally see someone at Bethesda going "Well then there's no need for skills anymore is there, just use the stat."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2015, 12:51:58 pm »

Several of the skills only seem to work in increments of 25 anyway. Except for recipes and perk checks, which are generally in increments of 15. I wouldn't mind that much if they just give you 4-5 ranks instead of raising 1 point at a time. But maybe there'll be more ranks, like 10 or so.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2015, 02:22:42 pm »

Oh jah...  saw this picture in some Ars article on Bethseda E3.

Downloading that iThing app for it now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2015, 02:30:23 pm »

No, but they announced that the Xbone users will get to use mods. for free.

Yeah, it seems likely they will just have a "Science" perk in four ranks or something.

Several of the skills only seem to work in increments of 25 anyway. Except for recipes and perk checks, which are generally in increments of 15. I wouldn't mind that much if they just give you 4-5 ranks instead of raising 1 point at a time. But maybe there'll be more ranks, like 10 or so.

Originally, if I recall correctly, the skills was in 1-100 because it was a percentile.

"The ghoul gave me some supplies... and some much needed friendship."[/spoiler]

Is that what they call hand jobs these days?
Love, scriver~

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2015, 02:50:09 pm »

Am i the only one who saw massive reference to Real Time settler mod? I mean real time settler mod allowed you to build a outpost-ish and get villager, make brahmin caravan between your settlement and even other towns, nice to finaly see something like that but official, now with modding open they will be able to expand on that system and the crafting... god te crafting, start with a pistol and end up with a big full automatic assault rifle haha.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:18 pm »

a page ago

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #613 on: June 15, 2015, 03:07:01 pm »

Am i the only one who saw massive reference to Real Time settler mod? I mean real time settler mod allowed you to build a outpost-ish and get villager, make brahmin caravan between your settlement and even other towns, nice to finaly see something like that but official, now with modding open they will be able to expand on that system and the crafting... god te crafting, start with a pistol and end up with a big full automatic assault rifle haha.
I thought it was obvious enough not to comment on. Those mods have been some of the most popular for EVERY ONE of their games so yes they finally wised up and took notice.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 15, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

start with a pistol and end up with a big full automatic assault rifle haha.

So this? :P
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 462